Divisional Games Thread

Rhg1084

24 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Is that what’s happening here, or are homers equating a Giants loss in the second round of the playoffs to Daboll being an overrated figment of everyone’s imagination?

The ever so shrinking attention span of today's human being never ceases to amaze me lol 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I noticed A.J. grabbing the back of his leg on that drive twice. The first was before that deep ball. 

Yup; you’re right.

Definitely a “choice” to send a clearly ailing player deep in a game where you’re leading by 21.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yup; you’re right.

Definitely a “choice” to send a clearly ailing player deep in a game where you’re leading by 21.

I saw Nick Sirianni go over to check on him sitting on the bench and Brown looked a little pissed...like he didn't get his number called enough. Weird. 

• Upvote 1

I just don’t see how the Giants are any more “rebuilt” than the Jets.  The Jets outplayed Minnesota on the road too and only lost because of a dropped pass. The margin between winning and losing is often thin and the Giants won some games they easily could have lost and the Jets lost a few they could have won. Me I’m I’m not convinced the Giants turned the corner

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I just don’t see how the Giants are any more “rebuilt” than the Jets.  The Jets outplayed Minnesota on the road too and only lost because of a dropped pass. The margin between winning and losing is often thin and the Giants won some games they easily could have lost and the Jets lost a few they could have won. Me I’m I’m not convinced the Giants turned the corner

The Jets need a QB and they can play with any team.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

there not. this is there 1st year they are going to have alot of turnover on this roster. im not convinced they wanted Jones cause they never offered him a contract at the deadline in week 9. but now they are forced to bring him back. i guess they bring Barkley back too but to give a big 2nd contract to a RB with injury history is a gamble. and this team picks 26th with alot of holes. making the playoffs hurt this team more than it helped them.

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Except for the “I’m a jets fan we coulda done that but we didn’t” nonsense, I agree with you. The Giants still have a lot work to do, and plenty of room for improvement.

Let’s be real though. If the Jets had the season they did, we would all be saying “corner turned”!!!

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The difference is that unlike a lot of those prior Jets team, the current team is quite talented other than QB. I’m not saying it’s going to be easy but JD has to find one this off season.

Godspeed Joe Douglas, Godspeed. 
We have no QB, our RB likely won’t be 100% until 2024, one really exciting WR, a mediocre OL, no OC, need two other offensive assistants and our HC has proven nothing in two years.

Our defense was very good, but we need to sign its best player to a huge new contract and find at least another LB, and replace two or three starters who will probably be cut from the team for cap reasons

To say we only need a QB is a little optimistic in my opinion. (not to mention we have no idea if we can get one who is actually good.)

Hmmmm. A dominant running game and defense can win in this league. Thought this was only a passing league but I guess the Eagles and the 49ers buck that philosophy. OC and OL need to be our priority. Yeah a great QB would be cool, but if we are gonna use 25%+  of our cap on a QB, doesn’t make us a winner if we take that money away from building the line. 

6 hours ago, Lith said:

As a father of a child with special needs, I would appreciate if you could find different words to express yourself in the future.  There is no term that is quite as offensive to me, and I am sure others as well, as the term you have used. 

My daughter has special needs.  This is a derogatory and offensive term that is used to describe her and others similarly afflicted,  Despite her disability, she has overcome a lot to be a successful young woman.  She is an arrtist who has sold her work, she holds a part-time job, she has taken college classes, won a State Championship in Special Olympics.  Despite being labelled and needing to overcome the stereotypes used to describe her, she has accomplished more than many young men and women who do not face similar challenges.  Clearly this is personal to me, but that term is offensive and in my view should have no place on this board or in society in general.

Sorry for getting on my soapbox, but this one strikes a nerve.

No offense meant. I use that word to mean idiotic (the way most Twitter users behave), not anyone with special needs. But I take your point and apologize for any offense given

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1