Divisional Games Thread

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get that but the Eagles average drive feels like it has started at, what?  The 45?  That’s a direct result of that decision putting them in a 14-0 hole right off the rip.

The Giants were in no man’s land there. I think the 38? Yeah, it was 4th and 8, but I think Daboll read the room, and he knew if his team was going to have a chance tonight, they had to be aggressive. He rolled the dice, I respect That.

If they get the first and score, it could have been a completely different game, but it looks to me like it would be 21-7 with the Eagles about to score again.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I get that but the Eagles average drive feels like it has started at, what?  The 45?  That’s a direct result of that decision putting them in a 14-0 hole right off the rip.

4th and 8 that early in the game from that spot on the field is stupid regardless of the outcome of this game. There is a fine line between smart aggression and negligence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Kind of surprised that this is the Giants team that showed up today. Not the G-Men that we were being sold all week. Guess this will slow down the whole King Daboll thing that was building. I thought they had a good shot at this one and no showed all around. The Eagles are also as good as it seems to get right now

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Kind of surprised that this is the Giants team that showed up today. Not the G-Men that we were being sold all week. Guess this will slow down the whole King Daboll thing that was building. I thought they had a good shot at this one and no showed all around. The Eagles are also as good as it seems to get right now

I think your last sentence was all that needed to be said, Ry.

As good a matchup as the Vikings were for the NYG last week, that’s how tough the Eagles were this week.

It’s like when we go to play NE at Gillette.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Giants were in no man’s land there. I think the 38? Yeah, it was 4th and 8, but I think Daboll read the room, and he knew if his team was going to have a chance tonight, they had to be aggressive. He rolled the dice, I respect That.

If they get the first and score, it could have been a completely different game, but it looks to me like it would be 21-7 with the Eagles about to score again.

As someone else already said:

There is a fine line between aggression and negligence; especially when that negligence borderlines on stupidity.

Just like the Eagles, everyone was talking about how the Giants got healthy and were rested just in time for the playoffs.  The difference is talent and coaching in this game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

I also got this single game parlay, and just need Hurts to pass for 107 more passing yds in the 2nd half and an AJ Brown Anytime touchdown. I hope they don't sit Hurts too soon. 

I hope you hit it.

I don’t think they will lift him

I get the feeling they want to run this up a bit.

once I saw hurts run a bit I had a feeling they were going to try and have him score do they last drive I live bet him anytime td at +200

trying to make my way back from a complete kick in the shorts earlier today.

just about there

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I also got this single game parlay, and just need Hurts to pass for 107 more passing yds in the 2nd half and an AJ Brown Anytime touchdown. I hope they don't sit him. 

I was going to switch over to golf, but now I gotta stay and hope your Russell Stovers box of assorted bets turn out.okay?

I hate you…

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

As someone else already said:

There is a fine line between aggression and negligence; especially when that negligence borderlines on stupidity.

Just like the Eagles, everyone was talking about how the Giants got healthy and were rested just in time for the playoffs.  The difference is talent and coaching in this game.

I’ll give you talent. A big edge in talent. (and home field) Hence, take a chance rather than pull a Saleh and punt there. It’s different strokes, buddy. You hated the call, I liked it.

They didn’t make it, so you have the high ground, I guess. The only thing I can say besides I liked the call is i don’t think it would’ve mattered if the Giants scored there. They were getting blown out either way, imo.

C’est la vie.

• Upvote 1