Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

100% 

the only reason this isnt done is he doesnt want to play for us and is trying to find close to 60 mil in retirement. not some of these comical takes like he wants to come here and the deal is done, BUT hes not ready to tell anyone. 

JD needs to make the decision for him. come Wednesday if he still has no answer tell him were out. 

if that happens i wouldnt put it pass him that he signs somewhere else. a NFC team or even NE which im shocked isnt in on him with Bill having little time left and wanting to win one last SB. and they have Mac so they can wait a while for Rodgers to make a decision we need one by Wednesday. half this boards heads would explode if he went to NE. 

Pretty much the worst way to do it. Where as JD is doing it perfectly for this situation.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, rangerous said:

What kind of bothers me is how many people object to Rodgers because of supposed personality traits. Honestly I’ve  never listened to him or followed him in Green Bay. But I hear all of things about how arrogant he is and all. Frankly I think I’d want my qb to e arrogant. He needs to be tough and think he can make all of those throws. As for all of the stories about his dark room or magic mushrooms, so what.  Back in the old days players would be on the field flat out drunk. Namath used to play hung over. Max McGee had his Super Bowl game hung over because he was second or third string and didn’t think he was going to play.  And think sauce isn’t arrogant? All the top players are because they have to beat the guys they’re lined up against every game.

Obviously some players come off as nice guys but that doesn’t mean they’re not burning inside with some fire. It’s the nature of the game.

He's an a$$hole who has left his teams hanging on more than one occasion, is a teflon player, perhaps the biggest teflon player this league has seen for being heaped with credit for everything that goes right and escaping all blame when things do not go right.  For all of his glorious mvp seasons his teams have fallen on their ass in the playoffs with highly favored teams for over a decade.

Even this year, he did not negotiate a no trade deal last year, he forced the packers to give him a monster extension and proceeded to have his worst year since being a rookie and now he is playing the packer and the jets with his oh i will retire narrative.  He has the packers and the jets waiting on every word he says when in reality he should have no pull at all.

The people that constantly try to prove to the world how smart they are?  They usually aren't that smart.

He is or maybe was a great QB we do not know yet and he will be vastly better than anything the jets have trotted the last few years.

I think the guy us a good QB and also a real phoney.

He can prove to me how awesome sauce he is when he is on the jets by showing up at alloff season workouts and showing he wants to make this team a champion.

All of next off season?  Same as this year, no matter how good or bad he does with the jets he will leave the team and fans hanging as long as he possibly can.  There will be another 200 page thread title "Is Aaron returning!!!"

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It will certainly hurt both teams.

So why wouldn’t the team put a midnight tonight deadline on this decision?

Rodgers playing this game only hurts the teams ability to use his presence as a positive for the team.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, usanyj said:

Rodgers playing this game only hurts the teams ability to use his presence as a positive for the team.

Because 12pm tomorrow is the actual start of Tampering period. I'd bet we hear by 11am

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

We about to lose Out on Rodgers and Carr and sent into irrelevance once again this year. Miami roster the best and Bills still got Allen. Pats have our number. 

can’t wait. 

I declare the above to be the SOJF POTY.  Well done.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, usanyj said:

The Jets want him, and they want him bad.  Part of their pitch was “we won’t rush you.”

Right or wrong, they’re willing to take the chance on him doing right by both franchises involved and making a choice before things get ugly.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, neckdemon said:

I dont think it will require winning a ring. Missing the playoffs will probably mean retirement though

Wondered about that but in all reality, does a playoff appearance even move the needle for Rodgers?  It's a big deal to Jets fans, but that dude goes just about every year.

6 hours ago, ptisme said:

Guys, look at the clip again: When Rodgers says "one year", his focus in his train of thought (based on what he said right before and right after) was whether Brandon Marshall can call himself an all time Jet based on "one year" with the organization.   Rodgers was NOT suggesting he was coming to the Jets, and if he was how long it would be.

Rodgers said "one season" and Marshall was a Jet for two.  Probably would've helped if Rodgers had known that.  Sometimes we forget that fans pay more attention to the league as a whole than many of the players do.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This not working out would be the ultimate

butt-fumbling

Vinny Testaverde Achilles-snapping

Anthony Barr spurning

Gastineau late-hitting

Kirk Cousins negotiating pawn

John Idzik hiring

Mike McCagnan hiring

Adam Gase eye-popping glaring

Bill Belichick resigning