Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is my rationalization that no body asked for.

While some may raise our eyebrows at some of Rodgers viewpoints, I don’t think he’s a scumbag of a person.  The Jets, by all accounts, have been nothing but forthright and professional with him, which is what he had requested of the Packers.

He knows the Jets have to move on at some point if he is not coming here, and there is no reason to believe he would purposefully put the Jets in a bind.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me and has no reason to punish the Jets in all of this.

All that leads me to believe he knows, the Jets know, and he just wants to communicate it on his own terms.  And if the Hets aren’t being connected to any other vet QB today or tomorrow, that should be all we need to know.

Rodgers has gotten a lot of money by dicking around the Packers.  I think this is about money.  The more the Packers pick up his salary the more he's going to want from the Jets.

This is a negiotating tactic to get more money.  I think it's a calculated move by him.   

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Then I probably don’t watch next year and find something else to do on Sundays.

If we miss out on Rodgers, it means the best you can probably hope for is Garoppolo. Then you have a smorgasbord of interchangeable JAGs like Minshew, Mayfield, Brissett, etc.

I’d honestly pivot to a Stafford trade before settling for any of that sh*t if Rodgers ultimately retires.

Yeah that’s great and all, but you have to actually pivot off of Rodgers to make those moves.

Just now, bitonti said:

is that a gif of Rodger's skills declining? because he is in free fall 

it's not like he's getting younger and healthier 

And yet, he’s still a lot closer to his MVP form than Lamar. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Rodgers isn't part of the upper echelon anymore 

that's the part everyone's missing

he's so far from his MVP form

his numbers dropped off a cliff last year and they will keep dropping

the Jets are going to celebrate when/if he signs like they won the SB but this dude is an aging, soon to be below average QB who wants 50 million dollars per year 

lol Bro he is top 3 Qb in the league. What are you talking abiotu? did you see him play last year at all? did you see what he did with nothigin around him other than 1 decent rook? omg i wish i could understand your perspective. SOJF

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Well let's start with when he hung the defense out to dry after the NEP game, in that press conference he lost like half the locker room

then Zach's sulking on the sideline during CHI win. That's exactly what we all bashed Elijah Moore for doing (demanding a trade during a win streak)

finally if Quinnen Williams said, "the Jets draft another DT, ill make that dude's life a living hell," we'd run him out of town on a rail 

I don't know if he's the worst cancer anyone's ever seen but he's a locker room cancer by any traditional definition 

Don't we usually play tow DT at once? That would just be dumb if Q said that. 

If Rodgers isn’t coming here, maybe the Jets already know this and are giving Rodgers the professional courtesy make to make his announcement when he’s ready. I hope this isn’t the case and he comes here, but I just can’t see JD being held hostage by these negotiations.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Garoppolo has been hurt a million times more than Rodgers and Rodgers is probably as old as his dad.

ya know looking at Jimmy G's actual record it's not that bad

yes he's been hurt but he played 11 games last year, he played 15 the year before

he's missed 7 games in 2 years

Zach's missed 8 games in 2 years no one says Zach is injury prone 

In the end Jimmy G, Zach and Aaron Rodgers are all injury prone. None of them are Ironman. rodgers plays through his injuries but he's always getting hurt too 

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yikes!! you want to go from possibly getting the best qb to overpaying trash all before the first day of FA is over? man i am so glad we have Joe Douglas in charge. All these little wanna bee Macc GMs on here talking crazy!

dont worry guys you big daddy joe will take care of you guys as he alwasy dones

Go re-read that, champ.

Just now, bitonti said:

yes he's been hurt but he played 11 games last year, he played 15 the year before

In the end Jimmy G, Zach and Aaron Rodgers are all injury prone. None of them are Ironman. rodgers plays through his injuries but he's always getting hurt too 

of all the choices, Jimmy G is bar far the MOST injury prone.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Well let's start with when he hung the defense out to dry after the NEP game

This didn't happen.  He played poorly and said he didn't need to apologize for the game.  He later did apologize.  

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

then Zach's sulking on the sideline during CHI win

This didn't happen

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

finally if Quinnen Williams said, "the Jets draft another DT, ill make that dude's life a living hell," we'd run him out of town on a rail 

I don't even know what that means.  What does QW not wanting to draft a DT have to do with Zach Wilson?

But I don't want to have this conversation.  Please don't be offended if I don't respond to your response.  Let's take it up on a Zach thread :-)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Here is my rationalization that no body asked for.

While some may raise our eyebrows at some of Rodgers viewpoints, I don’t think he’s a scumbag of a person.  The Jets, by all accounts, have been nothing but forthright and professional with him, which is what he had requested of the Packers.

He knows the Jets have to move on at some point if he is not coming here, and there is no reason to believe he would purposefully put the Jets in a bind.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me and has no reason to punish the Jets in all of this.

All that leads me to believe he knows, the Jets know, and he just wants to communicate it on his own terms.  And if the Hets aren’t being connected to any other vet QB today or tomorrow, that should be all we need to know.

Here is one of my many issues, you state he wants teams and people to be forthright and professional with him and yet he has almost never been forthright or professional when dealing with teams, the media or fans.

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol Bro he is top 3 Qb in the league. What are you talking abiotu? did you see him play last year at all? did you see what he did with nothigin around him other than 1 decent rook? omg i wish i could understand your perspective. SOJF

He used to be a top 3 QB now he's fighting to stay about the Kirk Cousins line 

his decline has been quick 

I watch all the games, as it goes 

look at week 18 vs DET, based on that game a 20-16 loss, Rodgers is washed. 

shoot, he lost to the Jets at home. A team with no real passing offense 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, bitonti said:

The 49ers system has killed a lot of QB's.  I wouldn't assume Jimmy G is injury prone based on the number of QB's who have been killed in their system.  They lost all 3 of their QB's last year to serious injury and it's not the first time.

• Upvote 2

Just now, choon328 said:

Just remember, the reason the Jets will not go after a QB who wants more than a 2 year commitment is bc they believe Zach Wilson can play a year or 2 from now. We may miss out on a few legitimate starting options bc of it. 

Tbf, what available QB would you commit to more than two years?

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

No one is stopping him from communicating on his terms

No, no one is stopping him.  I shouldn’t pretend to know him, and I could be completely wrong in my assumptions.  That said, I have a very close friend who I think is exactly like AR personality wise, or what I’ve interpreted he is personality wise.  And if that is correct, the fact that everyone is stating is has to be done by this or that, or it’s going to come out on MacAfee only makes him want to wait more.  It’s simply about being told what to do/what is expected of you.  That is the bane of some people’s existence.  The more people ask them to toe the line, the more they don’t want to.  It’s Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Mr. McMahon storyline in real life, except versus everything ?

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Jarrett Stidham to the Broncos. Seems like Jimmy G is bound to go to the Raiders

Just can't imagine what happens if Jimmy G goes to the Raiders and Rodgers retires.  OMG.  

JD should probably be fired on the spot - and just move on with a GM that understands the responsibility of running an NFL franchise.

Let me be clear though - JD may very well know more than we do.  So if Rodgers does come - JD was correct to wait.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

No, no one is stopping him.  I shouldn’t pretend to know him, and I could be completely wrong in my assumptions.  That said, I have a very close friend who I think is exactly like AR personality wise, or what I’ve interpreted he is personality wise.  And if that is correct, the fact that everyone is stating is has to be done by this or that, or it’s going to come out on MacAfee only makes him want to wait more.  It’s simply about being told what to do/what is expected of you.  That is the bane of some people’s existence.  The more people ask them to toe the line, the more they don’t want to.  It’s Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Mr. McMahon storyline in real life, except versus everything ?

The only reason people are asking him to do it by a certain time is because it's the deadline all teams have before needing to make moves. Does your friend wait to hand things in at work to their boss past deadlines because they're being told to?

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah that’s great and all, but you have to actually pivot off of Rodgers to make those moves.

No you don’t, at least certainly not today.

For Garoppolo maybe, but whatever. I’m not losing sleep over not landing Jimmy G.

Stafford is a guy who I don’t see being moved for weeks, maybe months.

As for all of the backup QB’s like Gardner Minshew, Mike White and Jacoby Brissett, who people have duped themselves into believing are legitimate starters…I couldn’t care less which one they would bring in during that doomsday scenario.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

No you don’t, at least certainly not today.

For Garoppolo maybe, but whatever. I’m not losing sleep over not landing Jimmy G.

Stafford is a guy who I don’t see being moved for weeks, maybe months.

As for all of the backup QB’s like Gardner Minshew, Mike White and Jacoby Brissett, who people have duped themselves into believing are legitimate starters…I couldn’t care less which one they would bring in during that doomsday scenario.

recruiting FA's is very tough to do with a ? at QB.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just can't imagine what happens if Jimmy G goes to the Raiders and Rodgers retires.  OMG.  

JD should probably be fired on the spot - and just move on with a GM that understands the responsibility of running an NFL franchise.

Let me be clear though - JD may very well know more than we do.  So if Rodgers does come - JD was correct to wait.

You don't think the jackass owner is driving the bus on this?

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

The only reason people are asking him to do it by a certain time is because it's the deadline all teams have before needing to make moves. Does your friend wait to hand things in at work to their boss past deadlines because they're being told to?

You are assuming the Jets don’t know.  Insiders are saying the Jets don’t know. Does that make it real?  If you really, really had to keep a secret to save your job, would you keep it?  Again, we are all assuming multiple things.  You may be right.  I certainly could be wrong. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Tbf, what available QB would you commit to more than two years?

I would've given Carr the 3rd year. I'd also go for 3 with Lamar. The Jets love the idea of Aaron bc he's a 1 yr rental then they can go been to Zach. Too bad JD will be fired by then and Wilson will be traded if Rodgers isn't here. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If the Jets fire JD, they are a$$holes. JD is a solid GM. 

You can't be considered a good GM if you have consistently struck out at the most important position in football. Has he not drafted as well last year he would've been fired after last season based solely on missing on Wilson

• Upvote 1