Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Honestly right now…..your posts carry a ton more weight than those on the big networks….a few on this board have earned that 

Somehow @Paradis joined the fray……as an insider I remember debating him on the old landing strip about WRs etc.    however @Mogglez and @football guymuch appreciated however this turns out

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The process whereby a player signs on with another team and the agent or the PA rep runs to Schefter/Rapoport to announce the signing and Schefter/Rapoport pretend that they got the info via intense legwork. Seeing as how this is a trade scenario with, presumably, no new money, the motivation to run to Schefter is greatly diminished. 

So you leak to Trey Wingo and let him break the story?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No idea whether or not players were told earlier in the day, but I’m sticking by my contacts (who have talked me off the ledge 7-8 times today.)

Would really suck to be wrong, but my anxious ass has been told to relax.

What does this mean Moggz? 
Did they say the deal is done, or did they say don’t worry, we think we can get it done?

This afternoon after the players tweeted your dad and football guy had us thinking it was all wrapped up.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Appreciate the kind words.  I’ve always maintained that I’m not looking to get famous or anything.  I just want to share.

Please don’t sell me out to Nania, y’all.  Lmfao.

Some of us can get great info and relax.  Rare these days 

23 minutes ago, football guy said:

I wouldn’t worry. I haven’t spoken to anyone since 4pm so I’m just speculating here, but when a guy with a big platform (Nania) accidently ousts someone on reddit who was leaking stuff it’s going to get the attention of the front office/security team. I think Jets are trying to keep everything locked right and my guess is they told the players to STFU until Aaron makes his announcement 

image.gif.af7a125ee083a27f414390e3dd7be396.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Aaron Rodgers greatly decreases the chances of this being a last place team.  So....

Does it though? Dude is washed 

By the way the Jimmy G deal is essentially a 2 year 34 million deal 

Rodgers has like a hundred million left on the 3 year deal he signed before last season 

I know no one wants to hear about the cost when it comes to March madness but Rodgers is a cap killer 

• Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The process whereby a player signs on with another team and the agent or the PA rep runs to Schefter/Rapoport to announce the signing and Schefter/Rapoport pretend that they got the info via intense legwork. Seeing as how this is a trade scenario with, presumably, no new money, the motivation to run to Schefter is greatly diminished. 

I get that. But I guess what’s the purpose of Rodgers dragging this out? Just to annoy true two middlemen?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Just got back from my kids baseball games. Trying to catch up. What's the thing with nania and reddit?

Some redditor was all over a bunch of transactions the past few days, with obvious Jets sources. Apparently he knew why Mitchell was out from the beginning among several other things like the kicker move today. Claimed to have a contact with someone involved directly with Jets negotiations. Said Rodgers agreed already, Packers and Jets just ironing out the comp. Within a short period of time after Nania posted about it to Twitter, the redditor bailed on the profile.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

The other thing to keep in mind with reporters: a lot of them have sources, and those sources tell them when they can and can’t release info. Unless they go totally rogue, it’s not in their best interest to undermine/disobey their source

Are you implying the reporters are cucks 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He's the one who broke the news we were meeting with Rodgers. That's why I see his report as very likely to be correct.

Rodgers is ******* with rap and schefty. He called them out for not knowing sh*t about fuk recently.

Fair but I fail to see how playing a petty game on those 2 dweebs helps the Jets, you know, his new team he's trying to win a Super Bowl w/ and stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3