Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

21 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

100% and these two munchers have tentacles all over the NFL…..which means he is freezing the league and I’m loving every minute of it and liking him more and more. 

Exactly…

Ppl are having panic attacks and throwing tantrums because they decided to glue themselves to Twitter for the last month and I’m sitting here laughing at the immense troll job ARod is putting on right now….. ???

The announcement happens when it happens….try disconnecting from the internet folks….the usual suspects aren’t gonna break this story anyways 

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was told “It’s done” this afternoon, shortly after I reached out for clarification on Wingo’s tweet.  I have had that reiterated to me multiple times today because my, literally OCD, ass can’t sit still until I see the formal announcement, lmfao.

Pops and I didn’t have any communication until about 5:45 when I got out of the ole 8:30-5:30 day job lol, so I can’t speak for him.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate you.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Reminds me of the story the crew told about Bill Murray prior to Ghostbusters starting production.  

No one could get a commitment from Murray whether he would be in the film or not. And then the first day of filming, he showed up and had all of the lines memorized.

Rodgers will just show up at Atlantic Health one day and sign

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers is a big Game of Thrones guy. It’d be funny if he’s doing that Tyrion gambit where he outed Maester Pycelle as the rat by leaking different variations of the same rumor to see which one gets broadcast. AJ Hawk is laying face down in a ditch somewhere

So George R.R Martin closed the deal?

George R.R. Martin: 'Life for a Jets fan is an unending ...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Does it though? Dude is washed 

By the way the Jimmy G deal is essentially a 2 year 34 million deal 

Rodgers has like a hundred million left on the 3 year deal he signed before last season 

I know no one wants to hear about the cost when it comes to March madness but Rodgers is a cap killer 

I mean, at least we don't have to see Zach Wilson next year?

Rodgers is gonna throw touchdowns to G Wil and ask Mike Francesa if he's ever been on Epstein's jet. Should be a fun year. 

Does seem like you went from "skeptical fan" to 

image.thumb.png.53665225675f756e1274b9e04aae6b91.png

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I get that. But I guess what’s the purpose of Rodgers dragging this out? Just to annoy true two middlemen?

One of two reasons: he just wants to see how far he can string this along for his own amusement, or because the Jets are re-working the contract to protect themselves in the event Rodgers bounces after the season and they, along with the Packers, need a day to sort it out

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I mean, at least we don't have to see Zach Wilson next year?

Rodgers is gonna throw touchdowns to G Wil and ask Mike Francesa if he's ever been on Epstein's jet. Should be a fun year. 

Does seem like you went from "skeptical fan" to 

image.thumb.png.53665225675f756e1274b9e04aae6b91.png

Bit has turned from a normal skeptical fan to a downright miserable a$$hole... Nobody wants to play with him at parties anymore because he is Eeyore

12 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

So let me get this straight…

Jets might miss out on Aaron Rodgers because Michael Nania outted another internet dweeb?

So Aaron Rodgers who  may be worth a billion dollars in 3 years cares what Michael nania , Schefter rappaport or @TomShane say? 

12 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

So George R.R Martin closed the deal?

George R.R. Martin: 'Life for a Jets fan is an unending ...

LOL...I was at camp that day.  Everyone was staring over at Martin in the VIP tent.  I knew the name but didn't understand all the buzz because I'd never watched a single episode of GoT.

Edited by AFJF

Rodgers wanted Jets fans (and even GB fans to RELAX) so he had Wingo give a teaser. Knowing he wants no big media out there like Scheffty or Rap breaking the news. And he himself will break it on McAfee tomorrow afternoon. And then I expect a couple FA guys to follow right after he says he’s a Jet. Not sure we know the compensation right away. But know he’s coming.

• Upvote 4

Rogers is making it a point to keep the details of this trade + any impact he is having on the process as tight as possible.  AR made it abundantly clear on his last appearance on Pat Macafee's show that the main NFL "insiders" do not have a direct line into his camp. Easy to gleen from that how important it is to AR to not only honor GB on his way out, but wants to control how the conversation/narrative re: this trade by nipping that before it can happen. A farewell post or a special appearance tomorrow on PM show makes a lot of sense (his show is 12-3 EST) as a way for him to steer the ship on the narrative. 

A little out of the ordinary considering how public much of the NFL is now. But understandable given who he is and what he has accomplished in the league.

Im just ready for dominos to fall and see who follows him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

Rogers is making it a point to keep the details of this trade + any impact he is having on the process as tight as possible.  AR made it abundantly clear on his last appearance on Pat Macafee's show that the main NFL "insiders" do not have a direct line into his camp. Easy to gleen from that how important it is to AR to not only honor GB on his way out, but wants to control how the conversation/narrative re: this trade by nipping that before it can happen. A farewell post or a special appearance tomorrow on PM show makes a lot of sense (his show is 12-3 EST) as a way for him to steer the ship on the narrative. 

A little out of the ordinary considering how public much of the NFL is now. But understandable given who he is and what he has accomplished in the league.

Im just ready for dominos to fall and see who follows him. 

Do we know if he’s going on the McAfee show tomorrow?