Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I wonder if all these demands were in place before Carr signed with the Saints - or if Rodgers decided that he really had Douglas by the balls, once that happened.

The Jets did not want Carr primarily because he sucks. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If this is true - which we have no idea.

A list is just that.  They can talk to all of them.  They won't sign all of them.

Your new hall of fame QB joins the team and gives you a handful of names of guys he likes and likes playing with - you know you do - you go out and have a conversation with all of them.  Then figure out what fits best into your team.

Fair, except it seems like it could be a bit of a snub to some of the guys that are *on* the team now and may stay here.  Yeah, they're all pros but do Davis and Mims really need to be hearing that Rodgers wants their replacements brought in before he even signs?  Not a great team-building moment.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

If they all come fairly cheap to play with Rodgers... how does it hurt?

Im not a Elijah Moore superfan or anything but playing those washed up vets before him its a dumb franchise move.

Ruckert not playing last year was super dumb and now you're going to give him up to play a 38 year old blocking TE and Mr. Drop Tyler Conklin?

We're not talking superstars here, they're a bunch of old vets who underperformed the last couple of seasons.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, nycdan said:

Fair, except it seems like it could be a bit of a snub to some of the guys that are *on* the team now and may stay here.  Yeah, they're all pros but do Davis and Mims really need to be hearing that Rodgers wants their replacements brought in before he even signs?  Not a great team-building moment.

If davis could catch he would be valued higher here, he drops way too many passes.  And mims hasn’t done anything to warrant priority status either.  At least moore was good when he was used.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why people are bitching about Aaron Rodgers wish list. 

Lazard is an upgrade over Davis

Cobb is an upgrade over Berrios as a WR

Mercedes Lewis is one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.

Those additions not only upgrade the team but they make Rodgers more comfortable. I don't understand what the problem is. 

Lets bring all his friends that he failed to win a SB so we can win a SB

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

One day of trolling I get but now it’s stupid. 

What else do you want everybody to do? Let's start with us, the fans posting here. Can we stop? No. 

The media? Click bait is how they make their money. They'll make up any BS story and say "unconfirmed sources..."

AR? He's getting his kicks. 19 years in the NFL I bet he hates the media. Of course he's going to keep feeding them bullsh*t to make them look dumb. 

His last contract was signed March 17, 2022 and by law an NFL contract cannot be reworked until 1 year has passed.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It’s more the Jets being in pure desperation mode. Part of Rodgers FU is fine and deserved but he’s playing the Jets too.

Desperation in what way?  Wanting to win a SB like the Bucs a few years ago with Brady and Manning with the Broncos?  Oh the humanity!   The real problem is everyone spends too much time online and consume outrage all day.

• Upvote 2

He is not agreeing to a trade until the Jets sign all off his boys as well.....

That is what the "hold up" (Literally) is.

The Jets should have never gotten into this with this nut f-ing job!

( Mr. Sitting in an outhouse in the dark for 3 days to find love for himself)

Aaron Rodgers has provided the NY Jets with a wish-list of free agents he would like them to target and acquire, per sources. It includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis and….Odell Beckham Jr.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

It's mostly people on their 10th booster and who watch too much CNN and ESPN and have been brainwashed into thinking Rogers is worse than a guy who raped 30 women.

200 pages and you have to make it political.  You're obviously a dumb **** so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Cut the politics bullsh*t out. Now hopefully your handler will read this to you. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure why people are bitching about Aaron Rodgers wish list. 

Lazard is an upgrade over Davis

Cobb is an upgrade over Berrios as a WR

Mercedes Lewis is one of the best blocking TE's in the NFL.

Those additions not only upgrade the team but they make Rodgers more comfortable. I don't understand what the problem is. 

Also and most importantly it shows that Aaron Rogers is committed to coming here and is looking to WIN A SB!

We should be ecstatic and jumping for JOY!

Instead, folks complain!!

Let's Go Jets!:) 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

And what’s wrong with this exactly? Looks fine to me. 
I understand any “wish list” with Cobb on is gonna get some laughs but overall. I don’t hate it. 

Nothing wrong with it. Would be the best Jets offense of all time 

• Upvote 2