Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You think that the Patriots were able to sporadically fly halfway across the country and set up a meeting with Aaron Rodgers because he was mad about a tweet...

In 90 minutes...? 

Is this what youre telling me?

Bill Belichick has shown time and time again he has no problem breaking the rules, so no, I definitely wouldn’t put it past him to break the laws of physics to screw over the Jets.

(The original post was sarcasm, no I don’t think they scrambled a passenger jet to fly Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick to Colorado at the speed of sound to meet with California-based Aaron Rodgers for like 2 hours because of a Diana Russini tweet)

11 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I have a friend who works for the mlb who has a friend whose brothers roomnate works for the NFL. 

She told me today that Aaron Rodgers was signing with the patriots and they're announcing in on Thursday.

Uncle intel is the best 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

And here I thought football was a team sport involving players on both sides of the ball. I didn’t even know that Rodgers played 1 vs. 11 on offense and defense!

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That's different from what we've been hearing regarding Rodgers being the hold up...

Anyway, if it goes into next week this thread will easily be close to 500 pages. Gonna be fun to watch guys here lose their minds. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

That's different from what we've been hearing regarding Rodgers being the hold up...

Anyway, if it goes into next week this thread will easily be close to 500 pages. Gonna be fun to watch guys here lose their minds. 

So what’s he going to talk about tomorrow? Lmao 

I have a friend who works for the mlb who has a friend whose brothers roomnate works for the NFL. 

She told me today that Aaron Rodgers was signing with the patriots and they're announcing in on Thursday.

I have a friend who’s sister’s roommate’s uncle lives with his brother in law who used to be married to someone who has a aunt who works for the NFL and she said Rodgers is not a free agent and can’t sign with any team.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

The only way it’s setting them back is when Rodgers retires they have to find another QB. How’s that any different than where we are now?

Signing Lewis is not hurting this team short or long term. 

Signing Lewis blocks Ruckert or another young te. It's supposed to be an amazing te class by the way. Could be 9 or 10 in the top 100

As for Rodgers either the Packers eat the fat on the contract and we lose the 13 pick or Rodgers retires and leaves a massive dead spot on the cap 

Neither outcome is good for 3 years from now. But like you say if they win it all it will be worth it. It feels ridiculous to even type that out though 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What if I told you that the league year hasn't started yet and we can address ALL those needs in free agency + the draft?

Not without money and draft picks.  Are Hopkins/Evans, Rodgers, Clark, Lazzard, OBJ, Cobb, Lewis, a tackle, a guard, a center, a LB etc all coming here in a trade for used jerseys and playing for the NFL minimum?  The Jets have 6 draft picks in the draft. If 2 of the top three go for Rodgers and Evans/Hopkins, that leaves 4.  Rodgers takes up $20 million, Hopkins/Evans $20 million, Lazard - $11 million, Clark $4 million. Where are these players coming from?  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

This is the mic dropo tweet and post of the thread.

All of the SOJF teeth gnashing, paranoia, accusations that JD and the Jets don't know what they are doing, and the latest that I love "OMG Rodgers is running Joe Douglas as defacto GM"

It's done, it's going to happen, and JD and the Jets are orchestrating EVERYTHING to near PERFECTION!

914b2aef-58f9-499b-8ed4-2865faed7aad_tex

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Just throwing this out there. Maybe @football guy can chime in..

Is it possible AR redoes his contract in a way to take less $$ what is currently on his contract to accomplish the majority on his "wish" list?

It almost seems like the Jets will only have $1 under the cap after the draft.   I know they can try and restructure a deal or two but it seems they will be really limited..

There’s a ton of cap maneuverability. They’ll probably add another void year to his contract which will spread out some cap hits

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just to preface, this isn’t sourced.

Everything points to this being held up by everyone involved (not named Aaron) in order to make sure that Schefter, Ian, or those like them, did not break this news.  The Packers probably wanted to do right by Rodgers (he is probably the greatest player in the franchise’s history), and when the Jets got involved, they probably agreed to make sure that they kept things as tight lipped as physically possible in order to make sure that happened.

I could be completely wrong, but I don’t think Aaron would be going on the McAfee show tomorrow to d*ck around.  I think, and I’m hopeful, that he’s ready to tell everyone he’s playing elsewhere (here).

I just can’t wait to see the compensation !! I’m expecting  the 2nd rounder but wouldn’t surprise me if it’s the 3rd and other things lol 

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

Sour grapes because you were dead wrong about it

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

For those of you that require Adam Schefter to report it to be real - It will be "officially" announced tomorrow.  

It has already been reporter by someone close to Rodgers in Trey Wingo (who had inside info already in this process)  But that's not good enough for some for some reason.  But it's done. 

Aaron Rodgers will talk about it on McAfee and we'll get some thoughts from him.  Adam Schefter will be able to report it tomorrow so everyone can calm down.

And then we can move on from this phase.

Dov Cleavage or bust for me

30 minutes ago, Arsis said:

He's not "signing" with anyone because he's not a free agent. He has an existing contract. So that pretty much disproves anything further.

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

That's different from what we've been hearing about waiting on Rodgers...

Maybe we can start using Legal Size vs. 8.5” x 11” standard size threads. That should knock off 100 pages or so. ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves thinking that Rodgers is announcing this deal on Mcafee tomorrow

That’s what I’m saying I can see him being super passive aggressive and not really saying to much of nothing 

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

There’s a ton of cap maneuverability. They’ll probably add another void year to his contract which will spread out some cap hits

I don’t think the jets are concerned about his $16M cap hit in 2023 or his $35M cap hit in 2024.

They’re most likely concerned about his dead money cap hit after he retires, with the most likely scenario after year 2.  $60M at a time when the Jets will be looking to extend some of their young studs.

My personal hope is that GB picks up a portion of this, however that might be structured.  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Not without money and draft picks.  Are Hopkins/Evans, Rodgers, Clark, Lazzard, OBJ, Cobb, Lewis, a tackle, a guard, a center, a LB etc all coming here in a trade for used jerseys and playing for the NFL minimum?  The Jets have 6 draft picks in the draft. If 2 of the top three go for Rodgers and Evans/Hopkins, that leaves 4.  Rodgers takes up $20 million, Hopkins/Evans $20 million, Lazard - $11 million, Clark $4 million. Where are these players coming from?  

The cap isn't real.  They'll figure it out.  

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Some really really weird takes in this thread.

I get everyone has their own opinions but my lord.

1. Who cares what the media thinks about the Jets or if they’ll rip them apart if this fails?  Do some actually lose sleep over this?

2. Who cares if Rodgers is an ego maniac, as long as he comes and wins?  Sam was a great guy who was a bad QB.  An as an aside, Rodgers teammates never seemed to have had  a problem with him.

3. Get over the Woody hate for Christ sake!!  This was driven by Douglas & Saleh with Woody’s support.  Kudos to him!  Doesn’t mean he hasn’t made big mistakes in the past but let’s start to move forward ..

4. Some here will find anything to bitch about.  The same person:  ‘Zach sucks’, ‘Carr sucks’, ‘We need a franchise QB to win’, ‘Not Rodgers’, Build thru the draft’, ‘Let’s spend 2 picks to get get Lamar’

brad pitt gywneth paltrow GIF

• Haha 2