Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I still think this has 0 chance of happening.  But if...

Then you just continue to be you and refuse to accept reality.  There is way more than 0% chance of it happening and probably above 80% or higher.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

A livestream = a live online video feed

twitch = a streaming platform for gamers

cheesing = smiling, speaking enthusiastically 

His ass off = a lot 

sauce = Ahmad Gardner 

not sure what else I said that could possibly require translation but it’s 2023 and you’re on an online forum, get it together sir

hey... the only one I didn't know was cheesing. Cut me some slack.  :)

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Exactly which is why give them a #2 and if they don't like it they can kiss JD's big phat behind.   JD will NOT be giving up  #1.  Especially  after whiffing on the #2 pick in the draft with Zach.   

image_2022-12-21_060752554.png

I would trade a late round pick to facilitate the trade 5th or later. Otherwise they're free to cut him for nothing. Why should the Jets trade a quality pick for the privilege of helping out the other team? As a gesture to ARs greatness, f that. I like to think the reason why it's dragging out is because AR and the Jets know the longer they wait the less they'll have to pay knowing a market isn't there for competitive bidding. AR want's the Jets to pay as little as possible too so they can invest what they save on an immediate run.   

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just an update from what i am hearing. for anyone interested

Rodger is in, packers are in and Jets are in, everyone wants to move forward. One of the key issues at hand is the draft compensation that the Jets would need to offer in exchange for Rodgers. And the dead money June first deadline for green bay. Rodgers compensation is not really seen as an issue on NY side because the offer has green bay eating some. I've heard that the initial offer was a fourth-round pick, with the possibility of it becoming a second or third-round pick based on Rodgers' performance. However, Green Bay is reportedly looking for a second-round pick that can turn into a first-round pick or first outright. 

The negotiations are also around performance benchmarks escalators, including touchdowns and yards, which are being discussed alongside playing time. Both the Jets and the Packers acknowledge that Rodgers will likely only play for one or two more seasons, but NY believes it will be at a high level. No concerns there at  from NY or Rodgers for the matter. NY thinks that green bay is just done with Rodgers and they don't believe in him. They think they have the leverage and are the only real team at the table. Meaning no rush until Green bay accepts Joes offer. Every day closer to june 1st getting stronger.

Overall, the Jets see Rodgers as a valuable addition to their team, one who can elevate their playmakers on both offense and defense, and help them win in crucial situations. They view Rodgers as the man who can let promising young players like Garrett Wilson shine, and give Breece Hall more space to do his thing. However, the holdup in the negotiations is that Joe Douglas has certain benchmarks that he wants included to meet for the green bay compensation before finalizing any deal performance wise not just playing time. this is alot of the back and fourth on the draft pick escalation. Im told they are pretty much there but green bay is trying to get every thing they can. Joe is not being cooperative. He is looking out for NY because one real although unlikely possibility is Rodgers can fall off. But his play last year when healthy and with talent around him was enough to sell Joe and he thinks he is good.

One interesting aspect that I've heard in these discussions is that there is two very different paths for the deal depending on the timing around June first. Joe wants it done now and offered a path that is very fair to do so.  While there is still some back and forth going on between the two teams, the deals are pretty laid out there and Joe has not budged since modifying his offers. Giving more than he initially offered as an act of good faith to get the deal done before June 1.

Green bay is basically trying to see if Joe will move more but at the end of the day they are not going to get to just unload the terrible contract to the jets. Green bay will have to pay a bit but they put them selves in that situation.

Anyway I expect to see green bay make it happen it will just be a matter of before or after June 1. Both sides are there and like the options. 

Green Bay doesn’t have much leverage. No way they are getting pick 13 and the only way they may get a conditional durst if we make the Super Bowl or something 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I would trade a late round pick to facilitate the trade 5th or later. Otherwise they're free to cut him for nothing. Why should the Jets trade a quality pick for the privilege of helping out the other team? As a gesture to ARs greatness, f that. I like to think the reason why it's dragging out is because AR and the Jets know the longer they wait the less they'll have to pay knowing a market isn't there for competitive bidding. AR want's the Jets to pay as little as possible too so they can invest what they save on an immediate run.   

I have been saying this all along

However Woodhole Johnson can screw anything up

28 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

A livestream = a live online video feed

twitch = a streaming platform for gamers

cheesing = smiling, speaking enthusiastically 

His ass off = a lot 

sauce = Ahmad Gardner 

not sure what else I said that could possibly require translation but it’s 2023 and you’re on an online forum, get it together sir

Thank you.

Now get off my lawn !!!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just an update from what i am hearing. for anyone interested

Rodger is in, packers are in and Jets are in, everyone wants to move forward. One of the key issues at hand is the draft compensation that the Jets would need to offer in exchange for Rodgers. And the dead money June first deadline for green bay. Rodgers compensation is not really seen as an issue on NY side because the offer has green bay eating some. I've heard that the initial offer was a fourth-round pick, with the possibility of it becoming a second or third-round pick based on Rodgers' performance. However, Green Bay is reportedly looking for a second-round pick that can turn into a first-round pick or first outright. 

The negotiations are also around performance benchmarks escalators, including touchdowns and yards, which are being discussed alongside playing time. Both the Jets and the Packers acknowledge that Rodgers will likely only play for one or two more seasons, but NY believes it will be at a high level. No concerns there at  from NY or Rodgers for the matter. NY thinks that green bay is just done with Rodgers and they don't believe in him. They think they have the leverage and are the only real team at the table. Meaning no rush until Green bay accepts Joes offer. Every day closer to june 1st getting stronger.

Overall, the Jets see Rodgers as a valuable addition to their team, one who can elevate their playmakers on both offense and defense, and help them win in crucial situations. They view Rodgers as the man who can let promising young players like Garrett Wilson shine, and give Breece Hall more space to do his thing. However, the holdup in the negotiations is that Joe Douglas has certain benchmarks that he wants included to meet for the green bay compensation before finalizing any deal performance wise not just playing time. this is alot of the back and fourth on the draft pick escalation. Im told they are pretty much there but green bay is trying to get every thing they can. Joe is not being cooperative. He is looking out for NY because one real although unlikely possibility is Rodgers can fall off. But his play last year when healthy and with talent around him was enough to sell Joe and he thinks he is good.

One interesting aspect that I've heard in these discussions is that there is two very different paths for the deal depending on the timing around June first. Joe wants it done now and offered a path that is very fair to do so.  While there is still some back and forth going on between the two teams, the deals are pretty laid out there and Joe has not budged since modifying his offers. Giving more than he initially offered as an act of good faith to get the deal done before June 1.

Green bay is basically trying to see if Joe will move more but at the end of the day they are not going to get to just unload the terrible contract to the jets. Green bay will have to pay a bit but they put them selves in that situation.

Anyway I expect to see green bay make it happen it will just be a matter of before or after June 1. Both sides are there and like the options. 

June? June?! JUNE?!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

People probably forget that this is a literal wet dream for Zach. Rodgers is his favorite QB of all time and now he gets to back him up before taking over the reigns in 2024.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If they pull this off AND Zach develops behind him I’m going to lose my mind.  

I could see Rodgers really teaching him too since there’s zero threat of long term replacement line previous quarterbacks backing him up.

• Upvote 2