Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Stafford is the best option left if this deal flips like a turtle. One of us should call into the Carton show and say an anonymous source heard from an anonymous source that an an anonymous NFL stadium hot dog vender heard that the Jets have shown real interest on Stafford and may actually prefer that deal over the Green Bay deal. That is if there is anything to Green Bay operating in bad faith.

Nah, Stafford is toast.  That elbow sh*t he dealt with last year was basically a career ender.  His throw had zero zip on it and its too late in his career and, of course, this offseason for him to get any surgery or anything.

I'd much rather kick the tires on Tannehill if this deal somehow fell through.  The Titans either have to commit to Malik Willis OR move up in the draft for a QB.  There's no good reason for them to keep riding Tannehill any longer in the middle of a rebuild.

Short of that I'd probably grab Bridgewater, draft a midround QB (which they should do regardless) and kick the QB can until next year.

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, sciond said:

Only if its a low round pick 

!) AR is 40! He was going to retire..He said 90% sure

2) Draft capital is precious

3) Brady cost them nothing

4)Where re the teams lining up for this hot item?

5) Worst Contract in the NFL possibly and eats up your salary space

6) Could be a 1 year and out, then you throw more draft capital at another quick fix?

7) As a Jet fan are you not tired of getting QB retreads?

I wouldn't give up a 1st but i'm sure most would agree anything is worth winning a SB.

1) Yes, Rodgers is older.  Otherwise he would cost much more.  He isn't as good as his prime but still very good.  You would have to believe that he fell off a cliff to say that he is done.  He is only one year removed from back to back MVPs.  His play last season can be explained.

2) Draft picks are important but they really are lottery tickets.  I guess the more you have the better chance you have to hit one?

3) Unfortunately, Rodgers is not a free agent.

4) No point in lining up unless they know Rodgers wants to play for them.  He has only mentioned the Jets as the team he wants to play for.  No team will trade for a QB that doesn't want to play for them.  He doesn't need a no trade clause.  He has the power to choose.

5) Rodgers understands and has said he knows he needs to rework his contract with the next team.

6) Could be 1.  Hopefully 2.  But it can be debatable if a deep playoff run or SB is worth it.  If you ask the Rams, no one will say sacrificing their future to win it all wasn't worth it.

7) Drafting QB's is a crapshoot.  Or at least takes a special eye to scout.  You just have to hope we can draft our own star one day. But a player like Rodgers is rarely available.  Even at this stage in his career.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I wouldn't give up a 1st but i'm sure most would agree anything is worth winning a SB.

1) Yes, Rodgers is older.  Otherwise he would cost much more.  He isn't as good as his prime but still very good.  You would have to believe that he fell off a cliff to say that he is done.  He is only one year removed from back to back MVPs.  His play last season can be explained.

2) Draft picks are important but they really are lottery tickets.  I guess the more you have the better chance you have to hit one?

3) Unfortunately, Rodgers is not a free agent.

4) No point in lining up unless they know Rodgers wants to play for them.  He has only mentioned the Jets as the team he wants to play for.  No team will trade for a QB that doesn't want to play for them.  He doesn't need a no trade clause.  He has the power to choose.

5) Rodgers understands and has said he knows he needs to rework his contract with the next team.

6) Could be 1.  Hopefully 2.  But it can be debatable if a deep playoff run or SB is worth it.  If you ask the Rams, no one will say sacrificing their future to win it all wasn't worth it.

7) Drafting QB's is a crapshoot.  Or at least takes a special eye to scout.  You just have to hope we can draft our own star one day. But a player like Rodgers is rarely available.  Even at this stage in his career.

Most of the line items are crap shoot....

But where would lay your odds after the 2022 draft?

8 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Carton, for some reason, doesn’t want Rodgers. I heard the show a couple of days ago when he claimed he spoke to a Packers source that said another team was interested. Carton being Carton refused to say who the other team was and said he may wait a day to let everyone know. At that point I turned off his show because he was as just being an arrogant a$$hole. Frankly, I haven’t listened to it since.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

49 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Carton, for some reason, doesn’t want Rodgers. I heard the show a couple of days ago when he claimed he spoke to a Packers source that said another team was interested. Carton being Carton refused to say who the other team was and said he may wait a day to let everyone know. At that point I turned off his show because he was as just being an arrogant a$$hole. Frankly, I haven’t listened to it since.

there are some great Jet Podcast - great for the car.  No need to listen to WFAN and especially not Carton.

• Post of the Week 3

13 hours ago, football guy said:

Jets want Packers to take on money (or give up something in return) if they’re going to give up premium unconditional picks, otherwise they want several escalators/conditions governing future compensation; Packers want Jets to take on money + give up premium unconditional picks. I guess recent reporting suggests that they’re closer? Not really sure but eventually they’re going to have to find a middle ground 

My guess: Jets wind up giving #42/43, a conditional 2024 2nd that can become a 1st, and Corey Davis. Packers send Aaron Rodgers and a 4th (#116). Jets and Packers give up attempts to collect additional money from each other, Packers get tighter conditions on team awards only (meaning no returning compensation if Rodgers were to retire after the season) and Jets get a day 3 pick this year instead of a potential future conditional pick being tied to whether Rodgers plays 1 or multiple years. Essentially 2 second-round picks for Rodgers and a fourth-round pick for Davis. 

That trade would make me ill. So much more than we should pay that it is sort of ludicrous. He is not even worth trading a 2nd alone for.,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah, Stafford is toast.  That elbow sh*t he dealt with last year was basically a career ender.  His throw had zero zip on it and its too late in his career and, of course, this offseason for him to get any surgery or anything.

I'd much rather kick the tires on Tannehill if this deal somehow fell through.  The Titans either have to commit to Malik Willis OR move up in the draft for a QB.  There's no good reason for them to keep riding Tannehill any longer in the middle of a rebuild.

Short of that I'd probably grab Bridgewater, draft a midround QB (which they should do regardless) and kick the QB can until next year.

I really think I'd prefer rolling with Zach at that point so the team could bottom out and pick either Caleb Williams or Maye. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It won’t happen, but if they ever trade Love, they’re not trading Rodgers. That would be the Jets worst nightmare.

Rodgers will never play another down for the Packers.  There is ZERO chance of him agreeing to do that.

They're not trading Love either.  Even if that quote is true, which I highly doubt Jordan Love isn't going anywhere.

Love, as well as everyone else, in the football world knows Rodgers is getting traded to the Jets.  These two GM's are basically acting like children at this point.  Well, at least one of them is.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Such as?

Said it in my previous post dude, lol.  Tannehill.  Failing that, Bridgewater.  Draft a QB in the midrounds no matter who we end up with (Rodgers/other):

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

That trade would make me ill. So much more than we should pay that it is sort of ludicrous. He is not even worth trading a 2nd alone for.,

Ok so who is our starter. AR is not worth a 2nd? Just wait until we have RT under center, by week 4 it’s over. Woody put all his chips in on AR if that fails it’s going to be ugly, besides a huge embarrassment as a meddling owner and even lower for the franchise, players , and fans. 

True Jets fans should always prepare for the inevitable:

image.gif.6e87c331e8ac0bf4c8fc4b4d1cbef57b.gif

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

i would not mind Tannehill as a consolation.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ptisme said:

Lol that lead in is hysterical. Carton’s “history of breaking Jets related news” is “reporting” that Adam Gase would be fired a couple of days before closing out a 2-14 campaign that was somehow even worse than the W-L record indicated.

Well I just heard from sources within the Jets organization that Joe Douglas will take a sh*t, perhaps even multiple sh*ts, sometime within the next few days. Looking forward to this guy profiling my history as a Jets insider in his next blog post.

• Haha 1