Poll - Rodgers trade: trade #13? Tell GB to take a hike? Deadline?

Rodgers Trade: #13 or take a hike?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Would you send #13 to GB for Rodgers?

• Yes, I'd include 13 in the trade.
    • No way, I'd rather continue to stink than send #13 to those cheese eating jerks
  2. 2. What should the deadline be to our offer?

• Immediate, enough is enough
    • Answer after owner's meeting
    • Answer prior to draft
    • Answer June 2nd
    • Answer prior to training camp

27 minutes ago, sciond said:

even after last years draft?

JD is hitting his stride it seems

Yes. Its hard to hit on the right guy. Even harder to develop them properly. JD has shown that he's reliable to do neither. He has screwed up twice. Once with Zach and once with Darnold. 

...don't try the "he didn't draft Darnold" tact. He said that Darnold being here was a factor in his decision to come here and he handled his development horribly. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Hex said:

Remember last draft when everybody here was talking about how the Jets should trade down because the draft doesn't have that many spectacular players? And then how since everybody wanted to trade down they wouldn't be able to?

That was the types of conversations for the 2022 draft, when JD drafted GW, Sauce, Hall, Johnson, Clemons, and a hoard of other good players.

That isn't  all together true. The narrative was the Jets wouldn't be able to trade down because of the lack of a stud QB in the draft. A player that a team desperate to fix that position would trade up for. The talent in the first round overall was good, especially on defense. 

8 minutes ago, freestater said:

Yes. Its hard to hit on the right guy. Even harder to develop them properly. JD has shown that he's reliable to do neither. He has screwed up twice. Once with Zach and once with Darnold. 

...don't try the "he didn't draft Darnold" tact. He said that Darnold being here was a factor in his decision to come here and he handled his development horribly. 

This is a bit rich.

25 minutes ago, freestater said:

Remember they had a dedicated QB coach who passed and that was a big set back as they were not prepared for that

2 hours ago, GangGreened said:

It’s a good idea in theory, but there is no way this team will be bad enough to get a top 2 pick 

It’s still a little early to plan for 2024 qb class lol. Always  the qbs who fly up draft boards mid season or end. Scary how many those type of busts jets have picked ?. Or that the top 2-3 will go 1-3 in draft. Way to early to think about that, and I still believe 90% rodgers is a jet anyway. But if we did start Zach and he picked up where he left off, we would probably  get the number 1 pick in 2024. I wish some other team came into play with rodgers and said “ best we will give you is a 3rd”  

1 hour ago, undertow said:

The franchise would be a joke they might have passed on Zach Wilson or something.

Or May have fired Adam gase before he could rally the team for 1 last stand and gain 2 wins at the end. Those 2 moral victories will last forever, so worth the cost of can’t miss franchise star qb in Trevor Lawrence ?

2 hours ago, freestater said:

He also stated that he wanted Jamal Adams to be a long term fixture on this team. That’s why I take what every GM in the league with a huge grain of salt 

2 hours ago, freestater said:

In JD's defense ( not that he needs any) no one else seems to have gotten anything much out of Darnold. Of course he was going to throw praise on Darnold coming in. He was going to be the starting QB. What was he suppose to do, break his spirits ? 

12 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

In JD's defense ( not that he needs any) no one else seems to have gotten anything much out of Darnold. Of course he was going to throw praise on Darnold coming in. He was going to be the starting QB. What was he suppose to do, break his spirits ? 

I'm saying that even in his decision to come to the Jets (which he cited Darnold as a reason he was excited to come to NY, there certainly weren’t many others), he failed in his evaluation of a QB. 

SMFH.

103 of you would tell GB to take a hike instead of giving up the 13th pick right?

well if that 13 pick is so damm important then why didnt 103 of you want Carr.?

yeah i know, he sucks. 65% and 4000 yds a year. how could we win with all that suckage.

i know given up that pick is high but its not outrageous to where we say no lets run it back with Zach and keep the pick.

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You mean all the “how Jetsy, we have all these high 1st round picks and the draft sucks” posts?  
Or all these picks and JDs 1st draft sucked posts?

1st one. It was one of the things pretty much everybody agreed on, that the 2022 draft didn’t have that much talent.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm never been more proud to be a Jets fan. We'd almost unanimously rather stink then cave to entitled pricks. 

Love you all.

No, we'd all rather wait until the 'entitled pricks' caved, which they will eventually if they haven't already. You just didn't put that as an option.

I don’t think the overall 13 is a big deal you’re not going to get a player close to Rodgers. We have plenty of pretty good players which is what you’d get. That selection isn’t going to be a game changer. Rodgers is a game changer. The bigger deal is his salary. And that could be the hold up. JD might be trying to cut some of that salary and have GB pick up part of it.