Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This thread just proves Jets fans can never be happy. It's just not in their DNA. They just got a QB who won an MVP recently after watching the Zach Fing Wilson for 2 years plus the last 50 years of QB futility, and everybody is complaining about what may be a first rounder next year. WGAF. They actually have somebody who has proven to play the most important position in sports at a high level. Some of you really do deserve all the sh*t QB's that have played for this franchise over the last 50 years. Fing morons. 

There are also people on this board who would rather play Zach Wilson next year than have Rodgers on the team. The stupidity of this fan base doesn't ever surprise me. 

We also have JetNation on Twitter with a headline,  "Packers patience pays off, Jets get get Fleeced". Some dumb sh*t like that. But in the article talks about how the Packers wanted a guaranteed one but didn't get it. The stupidity is binding

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Reworked contract, this is terrific news:

It is. But really anyway you slice it we still have to give him a ton of money for what might only be a year or 2. Just maybe clear up space for this year and such to make a run. Which is good. 

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

While I never loved this trade and don't feel great about the trade value, this is a drastic overstatement. If the Jets get into the playoffs in the next two years it will be worth it. That's all you can hope for. The rest is luck of the draw/match ups. 

Perhaps you are right I won't argue that point. 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Side note: NFL deciding it has to feature Mina Kimes and Dan Orlovsky in every NFL story is killing that network, and Marcus Spears has enough money that he doesn’t need to take a job clapping like a seal every time one of them makes a joke. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This will be a big redemption in this deal if the contract is very favorable.

I think it is the reason the Jets decided they were OK giving up the 1 next year. A. He’ll be here for 2 seasons at least and B. He’s going to let the Jets off the hook for his contract

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Outside of maybe 5-6 seasons in my nearly 50 years of following this team, I’ve seen nothing but bottom of the barrel dogsh*t at QB for the Jets.

Now I get to watch a guy who is arguably one of the Top 5 QB’s of all-time for a year or two while the Jets simultaneously make a hard run at a Superbowl.

No, it wasn’t batsh*t insane.

It was the right thing to do with a young talented roster that is a QB away and it was the right thing to do for a fanbase that has been incessantly tortured since the moon landing.

You are going to be disappointed.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

This is like buying a used car. You take on some risk. I will tell you the value of my car after I have had it and driven it for a year and see how it performed. THEN, I will know whether I got a good deal.

What stings a little is that Douglas bought the factory floor mats and a fugazi warranty to get the deal done

• Upvote 2

Just now, jbt said:

can still trade up for a QB if needed or take one in the 2nd and maybe draft someone like Hurts.  

cant trade up into the 1st rd unless you want to give up GW. seriously what else do we have that other teams would want to make that move. we dont even have a 1st to swap with them.

are only play is to hopefully get lucky like you said and hope we can draft a Hurts in rd 2.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Massive overpay. We gave up a quality 2nd a swap of 1st rounders which equates to a 3rd rounder in value. And what will 99% be a 1st rounder in 2024. All with no protection if he retires after this next season.

So we traded a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st for a 39 year old for possibly only 1 year.

Awful deal. JD lost big time.

Here is a little perspective on this hypothetical post. 

42 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Warfish said:
I'm ambivalent, same as I was when this was first rumored.
It's a one-year desperation play: 
1. Try and win enough in 2023 to save everyones jobs
2. Gain one year to either fix Zach (lol) or find another QB.....without our #1 in 2024 (lol, lol).
3. Pay the piper (cap wise) in 2024-2026 post-Rodgers, unless in a miracle he plays 2 years.
If we win a Super Bowl, it was more then worth it.
If we don't, it likely wasn't.
But at least 2023 will be more fun to watch than any year since 2015. 
Or it should be, if the 40 year old QB stays healthy.

I really wasn't looking for an answer.

Then quoting me was your first mistake, lol.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

There is no way Rodgers plays one year only. I’d be completely shocked since they were given permission to speak with him that he didn’t give them at least a two-year commitment.  

The guy that was 90% retired a month ago?

You think there is "no way" he's retiring?

IMO - it is FAAAR more likely he retires than he doesn't.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 2

Rodgers won't cripple the Jets' cap. He will count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

I didn't realize this part.  Those are perfectly acceptable numbers if Rodgers plays both this year and next.

If Rodgers plays for two years I don't think this is a horrible deal.  For me, it really only blows up if the Jets are drafting in the Top 15 again next year and gave that pick to the Packers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

lol the headline of the article will garner lots of comments from the sunshine squad but it is correct, even thought the jets got their guy they caved big time.

Caved based on what? Your expectations? Bc this has been the rumored deal for 6 weeks now except without Davis.  The 1st rd pick swap has been mentioned a ton. The 2nd this year and conditional 2nd next year has been the expectation by everyone in the media for weeks. Charlie Weis said that was the deal this morning before the news broke. 

If you're disappointed bc you had a ridiculous expectation that the Packers would just give away the QB who won 2 of the last 3 MVPs that your problem.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Rodgers' word isn't exactly worth much. He's a pretty erratic guy and while it's a feel good story for him now a lot can change in 12 months. 

I doubt there's any chance he comes back in 2024 unless the Jets look like legit contenders this season. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1