Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Hope Rodgers gave them assurance he's playing 2 years.  Either way thank God it's done..  Not so much because we got Rodgers but so that other thread can die. 

Rodgers had to give them the assurance. No way Joe D allows that 2024 conditional without Rodgers being on board for at least 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

it makes sense.....no way rodgers plan is to only play 1 year. he played the retirement bullsh*t with the packers because they are idiots

I honestly don't see him playing two years.

But I also don't see this year going nearly as good as most of you do.  Sure, if they make a legitimate Super Bowl run and Rodgers somehow beats Father Time - sure.

But, unless the Jets do something to upgrade the offense - this team isn't going very far and Rodgers is going to get killed by this toxic fan base.

Just now, FidelioJet said:

I honestly don't see him playing two years.

But I also don't see this year going nearly as good as most of you do.  Sure, if they make a legitimate Super Bowl run and Rodgers somehow beats Father Time - sure.

But, unless the Jets do something to upgrade the offense - this team isn't going very far and Rodgers is going to get killed by this toxic fan base.

Lets see what the new contract is first.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sciond said:

JD got bent over and ass ****ed

this trade cancels out all the other good ones and then some

It’s a gamble worth taking. When was the last time we were barely competitive? Not sure how long you’ve been a fan but it’s been a long long long time. And I’m sure JD is thinking that #1 they will have to give up will be a late late late #1. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He was never “face”.  It’s always been a schtick, just like SAR.  He was banned for a hot minute for spamming posts just like that one way back when, and decided to came back a bursting ray of positive sunshine, out of nowhere, probably to avoid another ban.

I was promised a superbowl in 2023.

Should have been banned for that alone. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No.... Packers are reworking the contract before the trade... See the 1.55 mark of the NFL Network tweet above.

Right,  I think the jets won’t comment officially until Wednesday after everything is filed with the NFL and I think once everything is out there it will look “fair “

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Glenn has been arguing and getting into it with Jets fans over Twitter because he wanted to sign Carr instead of trading for Rodgers, so this article was to be expected.

That being said, this is a pretty bad trade if Aaron only plays one year, and the Jets don’t get a Super Bowl out of it.  The conditions should have been performance based, or award based (i.e. MVP).  Douglas, essentially, threw away next years 1st round pick, with a large amount of leverage in his favor, because of…reasons?  I don’t know.

Doesn’t Rodgers have like 100M on contract for the next 2 years? He ain’t walking away from that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Larz said:

Right,  I think the jets won’t comment officially until Wednesday after everything is filed with the NFL and I think once everything is out there it will look “fair “

Thats how I feel... they can't say anything until the reworked contract is accepted and approved for 24 hours... What if Packers took on basically all of it... who knows...

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Dude, he never even came to the building.  Baltimore made him the offer to keep him from coming here. 

Read my initial post. I was saying why did we wait 6 weeks to still lose the trade pick wise? Make the trade days after McAfee and you have 6 weeks to build the roster 100% knowing Rodgers is a Jet. OBJ sighed 2 weeks ago. That would’ve given us 4 weeks to get guys in win now mode like OBJ. Where BAL would’ve never had the Vance to offer that contract.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Have to think this is true. Getting taken in this trade doesn’t seem like JD. Has Woody all over it. Made us now SB or bust. Which is quite a standard now

i think GB gave us an ultimatum that this had to get done before the draft or they were keeping him.

3 draft picks this year and only one next year. they wanted this years picks. its no coincidence this got done now instead of sooner.

JD would have never backed himself in this corner. he would have took a QB early like Carr or Jimmy G instead of letting all his options disappear. this is all Woody

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Really wish that conditional was based on him playing 2 years vs 65% of this year but pretty exciting nonetheless. 

I have a feeling the Jets know Rodgers retirement window.

The last couple years has been a leverage game between Rodgers & the Packers.  The situation with the Jets is completely different..

People are taking his 90% retired comment as the gospel rather than PR.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And I do 100% think his deal is reworked. But if it’s not GB eating money. That trade compensation is still a loss.

As Tom said... thats why the trade had to get done today... because you cannot trade a player for 24 hours after the league accepts the contract... so after Packers file it and the league accepts it 24 hours later then they can trade him... It won't be official till at least Wednesday.

9 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

would you have been happy if they signed jimmy g instead, because this was the likely outcome of the deadline you wanted to impose

No Carr was my first choice and I'd be happier if that had occurred but still not happy until we actual play games and with those games.

How do you feel about the trade compensation?  Jets got him cheap even though the packers had ZERO leverage??