Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Glad it's done.

Terrible value.  Horrific trade.

I don't love the trade but I do love this version of you.

Hey we get one good year of football maybe ... but then it's back to watching the house fire from the lawn chairs where I've always been warm and comfortable.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

Rodgers said more than once this offseason alone that he knows his deal would need to be reworked and he's willing. 

lets just hold up on all the til wee see the $ and who knows maybe Rodgers told JD he'd do at least 2 seasons .. 

When new info comes in, I will adjust opinions accordingly.

The deal, as announced, mentioned nothing about any reworking or GB eating some cost.

So till it gets announced, I'm happy to judge based on what we know, not what we speculate.

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Don't like that they gave up all the better picks... 13 and 42... Seems like an overpay... Plus add in a first in 2024... 

if we think we’ll be playoff bound next year then a late round first isn’t that much to give up 

2 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

Guys it's a conditional 2nd REEELAX. You guys are acting like next years first has been officially traded. 

If he’s healthy enough to play 12 games, it’s a 1st rounder 

#43 and next year’s contingent 2 should have been enough

The 13 with 15 pick swap might not matter, but Douglas could be sweating it out  

Would be an additional F.U. by the Packers if they take Skoronski or PJ at #13 

2 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

Probably best QB that has ever worn a Jets uniform, yes, even at this stage of his career, and we have fans besides themselves.  We can't ever be happy!

It's a horrific trade....

There is no way to see what they gave up for one year - and think that it's a reasonable move.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ganggreen305 said:

Probably best QB that has ever worn a Jets uniform, yes, even at this stage of his career, and we have fans besides themselves.  We can't ever be happy!

I'll be happy if he plays like he did two years ago and bucks his 12 year trend of failing in the playoffs.  He was an average Qb last year and he is a year older.

He gives us a chance to immediately be on another level as a team for sure but it is also a monumental risk by the jets.  This will be a hero move by Douglas or a firing offense.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We get to watch the Jets go all-in with Aaron Rodgers at the helm.

I was never going to care about the compensation as long as it wasn’t batsh*t insane.

Now we can put the guessing behind us, look forward to the draft in 3 days, and start smacking the piss out of teams come September.

Nice

It is batsh*t insane.  Way too much for a guy with only a couple seasons left at most.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Keep Corey Davis at this point, draft OLineman 

absolutely. Want to see what Davis can do with an AR level QB. I'm guessing no defense can cover Lazard, Davis and Wilson simultaneously in the redzone. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Douglas values draft picks, gave up way more than he should have. Only way this makes sense is if he gets the feeling he can trade down from 15 to recoup some of the losses here. Excited to have Rodgers but not excited to see that the jets were the side that caved to get the deal done. 

Recoup what loss? We had 2 second round picks back to back we gave one up for Elisha Moore, so theoretically it’s 2nd and a 1st which we all thought that’s what it would take , no suprised here 

17 minutes ago, OMA said:

that 2024 conditional pick seems high..  but if he is what we think he is the pick is late/late rd 1.

Yea no way I wanted to give up a 1st. But as you say? It could should be a late first. And I’m ok with that. No way I was giving up 13 this year or both #2’s this year. So here’s a scenario- Rodgers has to play 65% of the snaps for it to be a 1st. Let’s say Jets just roll, get big leads, clinch the division early, let Rodgers sit for 35% of the snaps, bring in Zach to finish off games. It’s now a late 2nd rounder. Yea I know- dreaming ? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The deal, as announced, mentioned nothing about any reworking or GB eating some cost.

So till it gets announced, I'm happy to judge based on what we know, not what we speculate.

I think at the minimum they will eat 40 mil of the signing bonus 

• More Ugh 1

We got our guy and are a SB contender something we’ve really haven’t been able to say in a very long time. So I’m with it.

We just big time overpaid to be here. JD lost this trade. So the BS that he wins all his trades just went out the window. The biggest trade in recent history we just lost. 

And the only way for this to not be a fail is a SB.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

if your opinion is as of right now, it seems to suck as a deal for us, then i would say you ate 100 percent right. It sure doesnt seem so good giving up that first next year. but I woudl feel alot better if the numbers change. 

Not sure rogers really needs to do anything if he dont want to. Its off GB hands now and Joe is smart enough to knwo that. I hoep there is some $$ part of this contract that we do not know about.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Recoup what loss? We had 2 second round picks back to back we gave one up for Elisha Moore, so theoretically it’s 2nd and a 1st which we all thought that’s what it would take , no suprised here 

WE did not get a 2nd for Elijah Moore, we got a 2nd and gave up a 3rd, in essence we moved up a round in the draft.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

its Elijah Moore and probably a first next year.. 

plus probably a 5th based on the other pick involved

Just now, Lurker89 said:

I don't love the trade but I do love this version of you.

Hey we get one good year of football maybe ... but then it's back to watching the house fire from the lawn chairs where I've always been warm and comfortable.

Maybe 1 good - it's possible.    Far more likely one continued declining year. From the guy that didn't throw for 300 yards once last year.   

Still might be an okay season - but jeez that's a lot...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Our day has finally come everyone!!! Enjoy!!! 

Finally we put all our chips in and go for it! May work, may not….but for once in our lives we finally take a chance and try to get into contention….even if it’s for a year or 2…

"For once"? 

We literally did this exact same thing with this exact same team for almost exactly the same level of QB at almost exactly the same age, lol.

• Upvote 1