Lamar got paid 5 years, $260,000,000

Larz

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I know , I know, taxes, agents cut, bonus structures, but some fun with numbers. 

$52,000,000 per year 

assuming 18 games a year on average 

$2,888,888 per game 

assuming his average of 25 TDs (both passing and rushing) per year 

$2,080,000 per TD. 

Doesn't he take his own agent's cut? 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Highest paid is a huge failure. Hang your head LJ…

game of thrones shame GIF

I'm so confused. lol  Not sure why people are emotionally  involved in players getting 50 mil a year instead of 45 but I could have sworn the disagreement was the amount of guaranteed years but I can tell you are incapable of having that discussion for whatever reason. lol

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah I’m not going to waste my time arguing with the idiots who say that.

@JiF… you want this?

If anything you should be celebrating. I'm definitely glad the Ravens are this stupid. They just paid a guy a quarter billion dollars and not only has he declined the past three years, he averages like 2500 yards passing a year. 

The most passing yards he's had in one year is 3100.... ( 4 years ago)

Like I said, it's going to be the worst contract in NFL history 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

I know , I know, taxes, agents cut, bonus structures, but some fun with numbers. 

$52,000,000 per year 

assuming 18 games a year on average 

$2,888,888 per game 

assuming his average of 25 TDs (both passing and rushing) per year 

$2,080,000 per TD. 

It's honestly a contract written up by someone from the mental asylum 

Just now, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

If anything you should be celebrating. I'm definitely glad the Ravens are this stupid. They just paid a guy a quarter billion dollars and not only has he declined the past three years, he averages like 2500 yards passing a year. 

The most passing yards he's had in one year is 3100.... 

Like I said, it's going to be the worst contract in NFL history 

It would be hard pressed to compete with Russ and Deshaun's contracts but maybe...

I'm much happier paying Rodgers for 2 years than Lamar for 5.  I believe Rodgers will be a better QB in both years, but that's just conjecture on my part.  Still, I just don't see the Ravens having enough to beat CIN for the division and they don't seem to be built for playoff success since everything hinges on the health of a QB who has missed the last two Decembers.  Glad it isn't us.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No...on paper it's a $52M/year deal.  The $185 is guaranteed no matter what but doesn't reflect what he'll be paid annually.

True. Agree, but depending on the structure, anything above 185 could be backloaded and he may never see it.

3 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

5 years 260 - 185 million guaranteed 

these team always cave as it's too scary to imagine the player sitting out and the impact to the team both in the short run and potentially in the long run.

think about Lamar - they could have made him play (unless he sits out) for $32MM this year and $45-$50MM next year (perhaps even less if they do the non exclusive tag again).  so 2 years $80MM and then he leaves.

the 185MM number just seems so high.  My guess is that's not the fully guaranteed number.  the fully guarantee is probably $115MM.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

these team always cave as it's too scary to imagine the player sitting out and the impact to the team both in the short run and potentially in the long run.

think about Lamar - they could have made him play (unless he sits out) for $32MM this year and $45-$50MM next year (perhaps even less if they do the non exclusive tag again).  so 2 years $80MM and then he leaves.

the 185MM number just seems so high.  My guess is that's not the fully guaranteed number.  the fully guarantee is probably $115MM.

According to other posts in the thread, 185 is the guaranteed, 85 incentives; total 260.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

I'm so confused. lol  Not sure why people are emotionally  involved in players getting 50 mil a year instead of 45 but I could have sworn the disagreement was the amount of guaranteed years but I can tell you are incapable of having that discussion for whatever reason. lol

Because I have respect for you, I’ll reply.

How many players (or teams) negotiate a contract without eventually giving and taking a bit… sometimes a lot.

In your mind from where LJ started these talks, do you honestly feel signing a 5 year 260 mil deal with $185 guaranteed is a bad deal for him? 
I don’t, because I believe the way the NFL works, and where he was contractually, they would never allow him to get one that was fully guaranteed.

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

That ship sailed long ago, now I wait in vain for Aaron Rodgers to break my soul. 

Torn Achilles preseason week 4?!?!  Lol. Wtf kind of comment is this? 
 Come on G. It’s our time now. LFG

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well I, for one, am shocked that you jagaloons were wrong on this one. Shocked I tell you.

What were we wrong about?

The Jets had no interest, the rest of the NFL had no interest, only the Ravens did. 

And he got the 5-year, $250M+ contract he was demanding, he just didn't get 100% guaranteed (only about 70% of it).

Pretty much what most of us thought all along.

I guess the Ravens weren't in on the collusion then too.

The next five years will determine the "is he worth that price" question, where most of us could in fact be proven wrong and guys like JiF could be proven right, if he's a stud all 5 years and stays healthy.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, undertow said:

Nobody is truly emotional here. It's not real life. A lot of people think he's not worth the contract... The past five years have seen qbs get ridiculous contracts that are obviously regretted 

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

looks like he did fine without an agent.

He missed out on 41 million dollars cash in 2021 and 2022 trying to get a fully-guaranteed contract.

He wound up with traditional quarterback structure.

That is an unqualified disaster. Calling it anything else is ludicrous, and calling it 'did fine' is patronizing to boot.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

How many players (or teams) negotiate a contract without eventually giving and taking a bit… sometimes a lot.

In your mind from where LJ started these talks, do you honestly feel signing a 5 year 260 mil deal with $185 guaranteed is a bad deal for him? 
I don’t, because I believe the way the NFL works, they would never allow him to get one that was fully guaranteed.

I'm not emotional invested in a contract depute between Jackson and The Ravens I thought the dispute was about a fully guaranteed contract over 5 years which Watson got 5 yrs 230 mil which if Jackson got would completely change the pay structure of the league.....that didn't happen Jackson got the same deal as Hurts....I could care less about who "owned" who I am just interested in these QBs pay structures going forward and that hasn't changed Watsons contract was a one off.

12 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t, because I believe the way the NFL works, they would never allow him to get one that was fully guaranteed.

To piggy back off this, here’s where both sides started this offseason

1) Ravens: 3 years $133M fully gtd

2) Lamar: 5 years $250M fully gtd

Where they ended. 5 years 260M with $185M fully gtd.

They essentially met in the middle. And a better deal than Hurts got. Both sides gave in.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What were we wrong about?

The Jets had no interest, the rest of the NFL had no interest, only the Ravens did. 

And he got the 5-year, $250M+ contract he was demanding, he just didn't get 100% guaranteed (only about 70% of it).

Pretty much what most of us thought all along.

I guess the Ravens weren't in on the collusion then too.

The next five years will determine the "is he worth that price" question, where most of us could in fact be proven wrong and guys like JiF could be proven right, if he's a stud all 5 years and stays healthy.

You had tried to intimate that others were portraying supposed collusion as a racial factor. Which was not accurate at all. 

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Highest paid is a huge failure. Hang your head LJ…

game of thrones shame GIF

He won't be "highest paid" for very long.  Herbert and Burrow are still waiting for their deals.

And what choice did they have?

Roll with Huntley?  Trade their entire draft for the right to select Anthony Richardson and then hope in 3 years, he's half as good as Lamar is right now?