1JD Flight 23 Thursday at 8:00

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Weak. I don’t think the 1JD videos are that great. They’re glorified puff pieces, which I guess should be expected. This was 48 minutes of pundit comments, press conferences, and Rodgers highlights from Green Bay. 

Hard Knocks would be a lot more interesting. 

Of course it would be.   Its training camp video not post draft hype video

• Upvote 1

That was terrible... Seriously WTF was that, could they suck Aaron's teets any harder... 

That was cringe worthy bad... 

All I could think of was how the rest of the team would think of that... If I was on the team it would make me feel insignificant... All that matters is Rodgers. 

Truly one of the worst episodes they have ever made. It was trying to force you to accept the trade as history changing... 

******* do something before you present that... This has all the makings of 99 epic bust territory. 

I hope this is just how the filmmakers present it and not how they feel in the building. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They now have ads running during this.  The Rodgers effect I guess.

I thought it was pretty boring.  Brought nothing new to the table.

Thats just Youtube... They are on a warpath to collect revenue... They are soon going to start 30 second unskipable ads... 

It really was a horrible episode.  If I want to know what peter schreager or jet youtubers think, I can go find that.

I want a behind the curtain look at the new york jets that we havent seen. 

I have seen the press conferences, I have seen schefter on nfl live, I have seen the jet youtubers etc.  There was hardly anything new in this episode.  Bad job by 1JD. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Who produces “1JD Films” and decides the narrative is always going to be patting themselves on the back before games and more importantly, championships, have been won?

Does this come from the top with Woody and Chris?

I would think even Rodgers finds this degree of over-the-top sycophantism borderline embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

did anyone catch what this was about? I half watched this while looking at my phone and missed it.

"That's messed up"

Maybe draft night when the Pats lets the Steelers trade up for pennies on the dollar?

I thought it was an meh episode.  Like a Kardashian photo shoot, when I'm like "I've seen this more in-depth before, nothing new to see here".  

I wanted to see like behind the scenes update, where the team got assurance from Rodgers, before the McAfee interview.  So they are watching it like "Yup, he's going to tell them what he told us" type reaction.  Not the interview that can be seen on YouTube any time you want.  Or the Jet YouTuber reactions, which are basically the same for every move - "We got him, we got Zach Wilson, can't believe this......We got him, we got Sam Darnold, let's gooooo.......".  

Or something in depth like the coaches trying to break down film on why Rodgers fits the offense.  Hackett chiming in on how the tools fit within the offense.  

All in all, felt like an old school Sports Illustrated piece, where you just didn't have access to all of this information 24/7, so they re-hashed it into a glamourous look.  The only thing I liked was the musical intro of Deadly Sinner when Rodgers arrives, and the lyrics cold cold killer when he steps out.  

Other than that, eh.  

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It really was a horrible episode.  If I want to know what peter schreager or jet youtubers think, I can go find that.

I want a behind the curtain look at the new york jets that we havent seen. 

I have seen the press conferences, I have seen schefter on nfl live, I have seen the jet youtubers etc.  There was hardly anything new in this episode.  Bad job by 1JD. 

Agreed.  It was a 15 minute episode stretched to 48 minutes.  But you have to take the 1JD episodes for what they are.  Marketing fluff for the Jets upcoming season.  Occasionally they give you some insights into a players off field personality or a behind the scenes look at the team.  But for the most part, the are PR/Marketing pieces.

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I thought it was pretty boring.  Brought nothing new to the table.

I agree. Was expecting more behind the scenes stuff like flying to CA, internal conversations, etc. They just replayed what we all were watching a couple of months ago with interviews with the people we were watching.

The extended footage of the guy getting the Rodgers jersey ready for the press conference was weird.

• Sympathy 1

The ONE tidbit I thought was revealing was how the ticket staff have a bell they ring when someone buys season tickets.

I mean, it really came to that -  old school sales nonsense. They should have given the lead seller a Cadillac El Dorado. Second place steak knives. Third place ... 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I thought it was an meh episode.  Like a Kardashian photo shoot, when I'm like "I've seen this more in-depth before, nothing new to see here".  

I wanted to see like behind the scenes update, where the team got assurance from Rodgers, before the McAfee interview.  So they are watching it like "Yup, he's going to tell them what he told us" type reaction.  Not the interview that can be seen on YouTube any time you want.  Or the Jet YouTuber reactions, which are basically the same for every move - "We got him, we got Zach Wilson, can't believe this......We got him, we got Sam Darnold, let's gooooo.......".  

Or something in depth like the coaches trying to break down film on why Rodgers fits the offense.  Hackett chiming in on how the tools fit within the offense.  

All in all, felt like an old school Sports Illustrated piece, where you just didn't have access to all of this information 24/7, so they re-hashed it into a glamourous look.  The only thing I liked was the musical intro of Deadly Sinner when Rodgers arrives, and the lyrics cold cold killer when he steps out.  

Other than that, eh.  

Kardashians?

31 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

The ONE tidbit I thought was revealing was how the ticket staff have a bell they ring when someone buys season tickets.

I mean, it really came to that -  old school sales nonsense. They should have given the lead seller a Cadillac El Dorado. Second place steak knives. Third place ... 

Alec Baldwin GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Who produces “1JD Films” and decides the narrative is always going to be patting themselves on the back before games and more importantly, championships, have been won?

Does this come from the top with Woody and Chris?

I would think even Rodgers finds this degree of over-the-top sycophantism borderline embarrassing.

It's produced by the Jets, you think they're gonna criticize or question themselves? Lol. Over course it's gonna be propaganda content.

Also....relax. It's not that serious.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

The Cliff Notes version:

"We've traded for Aaron Rodgers! Get your season tickets NOW!!!!"

******* awful... One big promo screaming we got Rodgers and how giddy they were... So bad... 

Really about halfway through I was thinking, glad that the Rodgers nonsense is done and they can move on, but no... They spent another 20 minutes glorifying him... It was so ridiculous. 

That episode truly brought out my hate in this team and any opposing fan watching it is just laughing at this organization. 

The thing is, I am truly happy they got him, but man that was so over the top

Underwhelming to be sure.  But I don't think this episode was made for us crazy die hards that live and breathe Jets news.  I'm sure this is for people who didn't watch the draft, and besides maybe glancing at who we drafted in the first round, the last Jets news they read was that we traded for Aaron Rodgers.

31 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Underwhelming to be sure.  But I don't think this episode was made for us crazy die hards that live and breathe Jets news.  I'm sure this is for people who didn't watch the draft, and besides maybe glancing at who we drafted in the first round, the last Jets news they read was that we traded for Aaron Rodgers.

Except this had nothing on the draft... It was ONLY FA, and spent 4 mins on a few players other than Rodgers and 44 mins on Rodgers. 

Remember they traded for chuck Clark... Not mentioned... How about all the other free agents signed... 

Jefferson... Morstead... Thomas back... McGovern back... Etc etc. 

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Except this had nothing on the draft... It was ONLY FA, and spent 4 mins on a few players other than Rodgers and 44 mins on Rodgers

Yeah, it's for casual fans still celebrating getting Rodgers.  To us it feels like forever ago.  To them it's still new.  To be sure it felt like a circle jerk.