Anyone going to Nursing School?

Jack Byrnes:
Greg's a male nurse.

Greg Focker:
Yes. Thank you, Jack.

Kevin:
Wow, that's great. I'd love to find time to do some volunteer work. Just the other day I saw a golden retriever, he had like a gimp, ya know I just wish I could have done something.

Greg Focker:
Yeah, well I get paid too so it's sort of a everyone wins thing.

• Haha 3

Just now, The Crusher said:

Baby Crusher is currently attending nursing school. 

That's cool. I recommend folks to go to an Accelerated program to get it over with rather then a 4 year degree. Drexel has an 11 month program that has 6-8 weeks consecutive semesters. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

That's cool. I recommend folks to go to an Accelerated program to get it over with rather then a 4 year degree. Drexel has an 11 month program that has 6-8 weeks consecutive semesters. 

He was working for a hospital system after undergrad and they just asked him if he like to go to nursing  school. They pay for it and  he has to work within their network fir like 3-4 years. Seemed like a No brainer for him. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Baby Crusher is currently attending nursing school. 

Is he really? That is awesome.

My daughters boyfriend just graduated. Takes his tests soon. It is a great profession, definitely hard but you will always have a good paying job!

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Is he really? That is awesome.

My daughters boyfriend just graduated. Takes his tests soon. It is a great profession, definitely hard but you will always have a good paying job!

Yeah the opportunity was presented to him and he decided it was for him. It’s nice because they make it possible for him to work and go to school because it’s through the hospital itself. 

• Upvote 1

No disrespect for nurses but I dont get why Brick would do this.   He doesnt need the money and its a tough job.   Id always read he was interested in politics but this doesnt seem like an avenue to that career.  

Whatever his thinking, he has always been a great Jet and I wish him well.

19 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

No disrespect for nurses but I dont get why Brick would do this.   He doesnt need the money and its a tough job.  Id always read he was interested in politics but this doesnt seem like an avenue to that career

Same reason anyone would do a difficult job even when they don’t need the money:  He clearly has a passion for it.  Maybe at one time he had a passion for politics but people change and so do their interests.  

Teaching is tough and you make peanuts yet there are tons of great teachers out there all the same.  Same reason.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Same reason anyone would do a difficult job even when they don’t need the money:  He clearly has a passion for it.  Maybe at one time he had a passion for politics but people change and so do their interests.  

Teaching is tough and you make peanuts yet there are tons of great teachers out there all the same.  Same reason.  

Teachers that teach never made 10 million a year for multiple years.  How many people win the lotto and go back to their daily grind?

Jobs pay you to work because most typically suck-  if it was fun they d make you pay to do it.   And nursing is a tough job with a lot of responsibility and not much glory.   Good for Brick if he is that one in a million.   Or maybe its his way to get into medical school?  

27 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Teachers that teach never made 10 million a year for multiple years.  How many people win the lotto and go back to their daily grind?

Jobs pay you to work because most typically suck-  if it was fun they d make you pay to do it.   And nursing is a tough job with a lot of responsibility and not much glory.   Good for Brick if he is that one in a million.   Or maybe its his way to get into medical school?  

I know that’s what I’m saying:  If someone has all the money they need but does a tough job anyways then clearly he/she loves the work.  Even if most of the rest of us wouldn’t.  I guarantee there are lots of teachers out there you who could win the lottery tomorrow but still not quit their jobs because it brings them joy.  

Not everything has to have an ulterior motive or an endgame in mind.  For Brick this might be an end in itself.  Or maybe he’ll only do it for a few years and then move on to another passion?  Who knows.  

Nursing is my second career as well, so seeing this makes me beyond happy!! Brick as a few degrees if I remember, so I would think that once he gets the clinical aspect down, he will likely move to a leadership role. 

Never too late to reinvent yourself. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Jetworks said:

Nursing is my second career as well, so seeing this makes me beyond happy!! Brick as a few degrees if I remember, so I would think that once he gets the clinical aspect down, he will likely move to a leadership role. 

Never too late to reinvent yourself. 

Was hoping you saw this, thought of you immediately!

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Nursing can be great, or a giant suck that gradually steals your soul and gets you irrevocable burn out by the time you're 35. Depends on where you work. 

I'd rather be a PA if I wanted to go beyond being a Critical Care Paramedic, which I don't even do anymore...

Anyway,  good luck Brick and Baby Crusher!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

35 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nursing can be great, or a giant suck that gradually steals your soul and gets you irrevocable burn out by the time you're 35. Depends on where you work. 

I'd rather be a PA if I wanted to go beyond being a Critical Care Paramedic, which I don't even do anymore...

Anyway,  good luck Brick and Baby Crusher!

I like my Physician's P.A. more than I like the physician.

• Post of the Week 1