Day Two #JetsCamp Reports

Larz

21 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yep.  Nobody selected in the supplemental this year.  There was some talk that Wright could be picked before he had that disastrous work out.  Could have been dinged.  Maybe just unprepared and pro day numbers are historically inaccurate, so who knows.?  Tall possession guy without much speed.   Had some big games. Glad they didn't pick him in the supplemental, but certainly worth a try-out.  Find out if he is actually that slow.

Gotta love those soft hands....ball never touches his body it seems!

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

That’s ridiculous. I don’t give a sh*t. This guy is a 1st round pick and he better produce. I’m not drafting a guy in the 1st round and not expecting him to produce. 

We just had a 1st round pick last year at the same position who didnt produce much in JJ.

• Thumb Down 2
  • En Fuego 1

18 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Not true. If the QB backs away from center without the ball, it's a false start or illegal procedure on the QB. It's happened in games in the NFL.

I am not questioning the penalty,  but I haven't witnessed one myself. 

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am very skeptical.  

He had a promising rookie year, but Carter was shockingly horrible last season.   

man what if they roll carter out there with bam as our 1 .... 2... untill breece is back.

I mean damn that is a very real possibility, mixing in the rook every now and then to see if he can contribute. A 3 way RBBC till hall is back. 

COuld that even work? Carter looked so bad last year. 

47 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

man what if they roll carter out there with bam as our 1 .... 2... untill breece is back.

I mean damn that is a very real possibility, mixing in the rook every now and then to see if he can contribute. A 3 way RBBC till hall is back. 

COuld that even work? Carter looked so bad last year. 

Absolutely.  Those are 3 real solid backs and 1 has a ton of potential.  RB is a strength of this team.  

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Free-agent defensive lineman Al Quadin Muhammad, who has started in recent seasons for the Colts and Bears, has a visit today with the NY Jets.

Former Purdue WR Milton Wright, who went undrafted in this month’s supplemental draft, tried out Thursday for the Jets.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

would be huge for the D to have someone play at a + level at FS out of nowhere.

Thats the thing though - I dont think we need an A+ performance at that particular position.  This defense is built to defend the pass with a bunch of pass-rushers and 2 elite CBs.  Its susceptible against the run which is why we need our SS to be able to play down in the box but the FS really just has to patrol the deep part of the field and prevent big plays.  Adams shouldnt have to worry too much about coming down to the LOS to cover the slot (not that he cant as he was a CB in college) but  he really just needs to prevent big runs and deep passes - let Sauce and DJ do their thing and he should really be able to ease into the role.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Thats the thing though - I dont think we need an A+ performance at that particular position.  This defense is built to defend the pass with a bunch of pass-rushers and 2 elite CBs.  Its susceptible against the run which is why we need our SS to be able to play down in the box but the FS really just has to patrol the deep part of the field and prevent big plays.  Adams shouldnt have to worry too much about coming down to the LOS to cover the slot (not that he cant as he was a CB in college) but  he really just needs to prevent big runs and deep passes - let Sauce and DJ do their thing and he should really be able to ease into the role.

I agree, my post was poorly worded. I meant play at a "plus" level, meaning above average, not the letter grade A+. oops!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

So was the OL and he was playing with a sprained ankle. 

Your handle played a large chunk of the 2002 season with TWO sprained ankles.   He racked up nearly 1500 yards of offense.

Carter stunk last year…. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Tony Adams and Jeremy Ruckert are the 2 players im most excited to see this season.  Both were excellent values in the draft, were brought along slowly and have the ability to be starters on very cheap contracts for the time Rogers is here.

Adams really took "taking one for the team" to a new level with how much he was moved around in college.  Being able to concentrate on one position is why we are seeing him reach his full potential.  Hope he locks down the starting job.

Tony Adams wasn’t drafted by the Jets.   Not sure if he was an udfa or cut from another team

43 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Your handle played a large chunk of the 2002 season with TWO sprained ankles.   He racked up nearly 1500 yards of offense.

Carter stunk last year…. 

And he had to walk 12 miles to school every day.  Uphill both ways!

35 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Tony Adams wasn’t drafted by the Jets.   Not sure if he was an udfa or cut from another team

The Jets signed him as UDFA the day after the draft. 

31 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He refers to him as Big Ticket 73 but his number is 77.    What am I missing?

It's his twitter handle.  Becton was #73 at Louisville.  He can't wear it here for obvious reasons.  

• Upvote 1