Shame

Warfish

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

All the positive vibe guys in the summer are the same guys selling their tickets for Nov and Dec games....

Something I noticed....

Or just straight up vanishing without a trace once they are shown to be spectacularly wrong.

Expect little, be happy.

The Jets haven't won anything yet. It's been a long time since they have been relevant and competitive. Hard to argue that they deserve the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

But yes, threads about how fans shouldn't be optimistic going into the season and that Zach is the worse QB ever are kind of tiresome.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

My personal theory for the past few years has been that the 2020 season destroyed this place and we are living in a post-apocalyptic world of JN psychosis. 

My personal theory is that this team isn't very successful and sold losing as winning.

we are what the Jets made us 

And furthermore, what we the fans think or hope or whatever doesn’t change the product on the field one little bit 

Read my signature for more 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

My personal theory is that this team isn't very successful and sold losing as winning.

we are what the Jets made us 

And furthermore, what we the fans think or hope or whatever doesn’t change the product on the field one little bit 

Read my signature for more 

If Woody Johnson can run an NFL team as a wildly successful financial enterprise...

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The most excited I’ve even been for a Jets season in my life and you have goofs acting like the sky is falling over a shaky OL in practice sessions.

Aaron Rodgers just won an MVP two years ago with Billy Turner and Dennis Kelly as his starting OT’s.

Come opening day we’re probably looking at Brown/Tomlinson/McGovern/AVT/Becton as the starting OL.

I’m pretty sure we’ll be just fine.

You might be right but there are 100 "yous" every single off-season and up until now they've all be laughably wrong

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9tpu82pbl48z0d60n27hv

I mean, if injuries completely wreck the OL again, sure, we’re probably screwed.

But you could say that for every team.

Hopefully after two years of being bent over a barrel with injuries, we’re due for a little good luck.

What exactly can they do about it? Even if we end up swinging a trade for a guy like Bakhtiari, we’d still be constantly holding our breath over his knee.

• Upvote 3

Just now, jgb said:

If Woody Johnson can run an NFL team as a wildly successful financial enterprise...

Most People can't comprehend the difference between a million dollars and a billion 

A million dollars in cash stacked up goes to your waist. A billion dollars in cash is taller than the empire state building 

The NFL is a money printing machine, win or lose 

Sometimes I wish the NFL had relegation we should be rooting for the fourth division Jets right now 

Like wrexham 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Most People can't comprehend the difference between a million dollars and a billion 

A million dollars in cash stacked up goes to your waist. A billion dollars in cash is taller than the empire state building 

The NFL is a money printing machine, win or lose 

Sometimes I wish the NFL had relegation we should be rooting for the fourth division Jets right now 

Like wrexham 

I'd settle for the league to reserve 19% of the broadcast revenue to be distributed only to the teams that qualify for the playoffs.

Playoffs are 4 weeks, 4/21 = 0.19

But the irony is that a cabal of the most wildly successful capitalists in the world have set up a communistic system to maintain their wealth and limit their downside.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Shame on JN that the top three threads right now, with the 2023 season looming, are:

1. Disappointing Season Ahead Expectations are For Losers Thread,

2. Zach Sucks and That's a Fact (Not it Isn't, Yes it Is, No It Isn't, Yes It Is.....) MegaThread

3. Postmortem of Adm F'ing Gase.  ADAM F'ING GASE, IN 2023!!!!!

Is THAT the best of what we have to talk about, looking at the 2023 season a few scant weeks away?  That poop?

Really?

Can we get some good thread starters to start some gudthreads please? 

And maybe we all should exert some self control (myself more than included) and skip threads about Zach Wilson in 2025 before we even start the 2023 season.....

If I'M saying we need a more positive vibe, that should tell you something.

got-shame.gif

Mtv Leah Messer GIF by Teen Mom

There are some middle ground threads and posts but not many.

For every doomsayer or negative thread there is a wildly optimistic thread for this team which has bot played single real game so far.

Although I am lumped in with the doomsayer crowd becasue I make negative posts I do not see myself as totally unrealistic.

We have a team with a lot of talent and many holes have been filled but there are issues or potential issues it is foolish to ignore.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, if injuries completely wreck the OL again, sure, we’re probably screwed.

But you could say that for every team.

Hopefully after two years of being bent over a barrel with injuries, we’re due for a little good luck.

What exactly can they do about it? Even if we end up swinging a trade for a guy like Bakhtiari, we’d still be constantly holding our breath over his knee.

There's no easy fix but the least we can do is look at the situation clearly 

Right now Duane Brown, laken and avt are all hurt. Becton graduated to second team RT today. The season is two weeks away. 

Yes there's a chance everyone gets healthy all at once but there's also a chance they don't 

Shame on JN that the top three threads right now, with the 2023 season looming, are:

2. Zach Sucks and That's a Fact (Not it Isn't, Yes it Is, No It Isn't, Yes It Is.....) MegaThread

Is THAT the best of what we have to talk about, looking at the 2023 season a few scant weeks away?  That poop?

Really?

And maybe we all should exert some self control (myself more than included) and skip threads about Zach Wilson in 2025 before we even start the 2023 season.....

got-shame.gif

PVO.thumb.jpeg.e02ff0d04c4a4f5646abcc72bf0a50bd.jpeg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

But the irony is that a cabal of the most wildly successful capitalists in the world have set up a communistic system to maintain their wealth and limit their downside.

And the only reason we know any of this is because the "city" of green Bay owns their team. 

The league would rather not highlight this 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I won't go quite that far, but close.

The idea of watching Rodgers play QB for us is very exciting.  The idea of a Jets QB maybe being a top 10 QB in production......hell, I think it just moved a little. :Eggplant:

Again, could it go bad?  Sure.  But why obsess over that before it happens?  Rodgers has been an Iron Man, and a mid-tier producer at his very worst so far in his career.  We're not finishing 2023 with the 32nd rated QB this time!

My friend Sharon likes to say "worrying is a misuse of imagination."

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

And the only reason we know any of this is because the "city" of green Bay owns their team. 

The league would rather not highlight this 

I wonder what percentage of football fans know this. Probably <5% judging by how many responses of "But how can you know that!?!?" whenever I reference the Jets profit share amount.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My own participation int he Zach thread does suck.  No way I should have let myself get dragged into that poop now.  

Hence my "Me more than included" comment in the OP, I'm as part of the problem as anyone.  Drowning in minutia argument, missing the forest of a potential great, fun season for the tree that is Zach Wilson's future, or if having expectations and optimism is a bad thing (it isn't).

We have so much to be excited about, to look forward to seeing come opening day.  Will it all be roses, likely not, but there is more than enough to chat about about NOW that we really shouldn't waste our collective breath on "Zach's role in 2028" threads (IMO, always IMO).

If it makes you feel any better, I'd largely skipped that thread myself (other than commenting on any extension/option feasibility, independent of the Zach lover/hater stuff that flies back & forth & more based on the reality of how things are now with him & Rodgers both having the same two guaranteed seasons remaining on their respective contracts).

I didn't even get into the reason for the team's current interest or non-interest until yesterday late morning when you & I commented together. Even that was stupid of me (and you); it's not like 17 versions of that same topic aren't going to pop up between that thread's start and opening day anyway, never mind beyond that even while he's just holding a clipboard.

Skipping to better discussions to which you're alluding?

This is the most excited many/most of us have been in a long time, beyond pure blind hope. The OL has obvious concerns, but their most consistent starting tackle hasn't seen the field yet & the HC doesn't seem to be freaking out over it (nor the GM, who's inquired about another of Rodgers's BFFs but beyond that there doesn't seem much action). The guards are set; they seem to have two average-at-worst options at center. RT looks shaky, but it's still only mid-August yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There are some middle ground threads and posts but not many.

For every doomsayer or negative thread there is a wildly optimistic thread for this team which has bot played single real game so far.

Although I am lumped in with the doomsayer crowd becasue I make negative posts I do not see myself as totally unrealistic.

We have a team with a lot of talent and many holes have been filled but there are issues or potential issues it is foolish to ignore.

Speaking of Doom, what ever happed to that Doom Prophecy guy?

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Really?

got-shame.gif

**** you!!

how’s that? ;)

• Haha 3

My own participation int he Zach thread does suck.  No way I should have let myself get dragged into that poop now.  

Hence my "Me more than included" comment in the OP, I'm as part of the problem as anyone.  Drowning in minutia argument, missing the forest of a potential great, fun season for the tree that is Zach Wilson's future, or if having expectations and optimism is a bad thing (it isn't).

We have so much to be excited about, to look forward to seeing come opening day.  Will it all be roses, likely not, but there is more than enough to chat about about NOW that we really shouldn't waste our collective breath on "Zach's role in 2028" threads (IMO, always IMO).

I ******* love you man!

• Sympathy 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

Gastineau's spear and Carl Howard's PI.

Gastineau was the second Jet to Bernie Kozar on that play. The player who hit him first had a clear view of Kozar releasing the ball while Gastineau did not.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Gastineau was the second Jet to Bernie Kozar on that play. The player who hit him first had a clear view of Kozar releasing the ball while Gastineau did not.

Gastineau got the flag and was on the sideline afterwards, which allowed Kosar to coast.

24 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Gastineau got the flag and was on the sideline afterwards, which allowed Kosar to coast.

Yes, Gastineau got the flag but it was a bad call or, at least, a misleading one.

Carl Howard got there first and was approaching from Kozar's front with a clear view of the ball being released before he got there. Gastineau arrived near-simultaneously from Kozar's blind side with no view of the ball and stacked onto Howard's tackle as is taught. Gastineau would've tried to pull up if Howard had done so once the ball was released. I do think Gastineau's reputation was a factor in him rather than Howard getting the call.

See for yourself (NFL doesn't allow embedding so you'll have to click):

https://youtu.be/_nOGMzvBTek?t=124

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Really?

got-shame.gif

You're in the Top3 now brother.

• Haha 4