The Raiders

I am not familiar with the Raiders defense other than Crosby is one of their DE's and really good.  Other than him, how are they on their D line?   We are stacked for sure and I was wondering (it's a pipe dream I know) if we could come up with some kind of package to swing a trade for Adams?

• En Fuego 2
  • Haha 1

I started a thread about this weeks ago.  Joe D, Adams, Rodgers and Adams agent have discussed this already.

The Raiders cannot trade Adams until the season is officially in the tank.  They would lose tons of money in ticket sales and fan support if they traded him now.

They will start the season 1-5 and phone calls will start to be made.

Adams will be a jet by October 31st.

Trick or treat jet fans!!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • En Fuego 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I am not familiar with the Raiders defense other than Crosby is one of their DE's and really good.  Other than him, how are they on their D line?   We are stacked for sure and I was wondering (it's a pipe dream I know) if we could come up with some kind of package to swing a trade for Adams?

They just drafted Wilson top 5 at DE

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

mcdonald is gonna be a dominant pass rusher for years to come. jsn will be a decent receiver maybe

If we had chosen jsn you would be saying jsn will be a dominant wr for years who is mcdonald?

We shall see, McDonald will be getting like 20% of the D snaps this year.   JSN would  be our 2nd best wr by game 8.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Raiders aren’t trading D Adams . The emergence of Aidan O’Connell makes that chance very very very remote.ideally they let him sit this year and than takes over next year.  ( you have better shot winning the lottery than them trading Adams .   You don’t even have number 1 next year. ( end of discussion right there ) 

Raiders Des are MAXX Crosby - Dpoy Chandler Jones lost 10 pounds - comeback player of the year , Tyree Wilson( 7th pick) ,  Malcolm Koonce and if keep five Jordan Willis.      David Agoha ( physical freak but very raw From Nigeria will be 54 man . ( roster spot  doesn’t count this year( international player)  but could be player in 2024  .     ADam plant Jr will be on practice squad  .   Raiders are loaded at De and their De room better than the Jets    DT Room the Raiders don’t have a Q Williams on it. They invested a lot of draft capital in Dt room .    Why right now you would give jets defensive line the edge because tackles are more proven than the Raiders .  They just have youth .    
I change my mind only way the Raiders would trade D Adams to the Jets it would have be for Q Williams .       You put MAXX Crosby . q Williams , B Young , and Tyree Wilson on the defense line .      Jets  wouldn’t make that trade , but that’s probably the only thing they would seriously think about .

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading D Adams . The emergence of Aidan O’Connell makes that chance very very very remote.ideally they let him sit this year and than takes over next year.  ( you have better shot winning the lottery than them trading Adams .   You don’t even have number 1 next year. ( end of discussion right there ) 

Raiders Des are MAXX Crosby - Dpoy Chandler Jones lost 10 pounds - comeback player of the year , Tyree Wilson( 7th pick) ,  Malcolm Koonce and if keep five Jordan Willis.      David Agoha ( physical freak but very raw From Nigeria will be 54 man . ( roster spot  doesn’t count this year( international player)  but could be player in 2024  .     ADam plant Jr will be on practice squad  .   Raiders are loaded at De and their De room better than the Jets    DT Room the Raiders don’t have a Q Williams on it. They invested a lot of draft capital in Dt room .    Why right now you would give jets defensive line the edge because tackles are more proven than the Raiders .  They just have youth .    
I change my mind only way the Raiders would trade D Adams to the Jets it would have be for Q Williams .       You put MAXX Crosby . q Williams , B Young , and Tyree Wilson on the defense line .      Jets  wouldn’t make that trade , but that’s probably the only thing they would seriously think about .

Me asking for Adams was a pipe dream I admit...you on the other hand asking for Q Williams in a trade for Adams?  What the hell is in your pipe that you're smoking?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Me asking for Adams was a pipe dream I admit...you on the other hand asking for Q Williams in a trade for Adams?  What the hell is in your pipe that you're smoking?

That’s the only thing the Jets could offer the Raiders they wouldn’t hang up on the Jets .  That’s what it would take. 

14 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Think of adams as to happen it be because the raiders are losing prior to deadline. So let’s root against them weekly 

Not going to happen forget how much money the Raiders would eat trading him.   Second You want Qb Aidan O’Connell to have legit number 1 Wr next year.   ( for his development ).    The Raiders gave up their first and second pick to get Adams.   The packers have your first rounder next year  .   What do you have to trade a bag of marbles.   Come on get real.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Sauce gets it done yesterday 

• Haha 1

Ya I would love Devonta Adams too...but even if the Faiders would trade him, he gets paid like $30m per season, which is close to what we're paying AR, right? That's A LOT of jack for another WR when we already have Adams-Lite, along with Lazard.

But Rodgers may play for free if it would help get him though!

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Not going to happen forget how much money the Raiders would eat trading him.   Second You want Qb Aidan O’Connell to have legit number 1 Wr next year.   ( for his development ).    The Raiders gave up their first and second pick to get Adams.   The packers have your first rounder next year  .   What do you have to trade a bag of marbles.   Come on get real.

I gotta say, this is a very valid point. 

4 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Ya had to send up the bat signal...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

That’s the only thing the Jets could offer the Raiders they wouldn’t hang up on the Jets .  That’s what it would take. 

Please. If we tell Baby Huey that we have Hingle Mccringleberry hidden on the roster and he runs a 4.12 40, he'd be on it like stink on sh*t.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Raiders are not going to do the jets a favor by trading Davante Adams.

Shoulda drafted JSN

No offense to McD (he looks great) but if the idea was to go all in for a SB this year, JSN was the way to go.

It’s purely a numbers game.

Because of the wealth of talent the Jets have at EDGE, McD will be fortunate if he gets a handful of snaps per game this season.

Hard to make an impact if you’re not on the field.

JSN is set to play at least 70% of snaps in 11 personnel.

Tough decisions but can’t have everybody.

Long-term McD might prove to be the bigger difference maker but it’s all about 2023 right now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

No offense to McD (he looks great) but if the idea was to go all in for a SB this year, JSN was the way to go.

Because of the wealth of talent the Jets have at EDGE, McD will be fortunate if he gets a handful of snaps per game this season.

Long-term McD might prove to be the bigger difference maker but it’s all about 2023 right now.

I liked the McDonald pick but JSN with Rodgers throwing to him would have been sick

13 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Not with O’Connell playing the way he is.  If he steps in for Garropollo, they’d be beyond stupid to trade the NFL’s top weapon with a rookie QB.

Is AOC playing well?  (Genuinely asking since I haven't followed that story)

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Having waves of pass rushers on the other side of the ball is a viable “win-now” strategy.  Playing with leads + constantly fresh EDGE guys going after the QB will be a beautiful thing.

How’s JSN’s surgery going btw?  You say it’s hard to make an impact when you’re not in the field but JSN won’t be doing that for a few weeks either.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

image.png

Been discussed ad nauseum.

Stop with Davante. Raiders aren't taking 100M worth of dead cap hits over next several years to move him. A lot will need to happen to make this contract tradable, including convincing the top WR in the game to restructure his contract a la Aaron Rodgers.

This is not madden, this is real NFL. Trades can't simply happen, everything needs to line up.