Zach Continues to Improve - PLAJ

Dunnie

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Zach is wearing the laundry.  He appears to be better than before.  Lighten up guys. 

And?  Any career turnaround will happen with another team.  Why should I be invested in him becoming a useful QB elsewhere?  All I care about is having a QB2 right now who won’t sh*t the bed if Rodgers suffers a minor injury.  His baby steps of late don’t give me any confidence in that.

And of course there’s the whole enormous draft capital sunken cost thing i wrote a lengthy post about earlier.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

I’m in Salt Lake City today and stopped into a sports apparel shop. Only one jersey in the entire store was discounted 😂  

IMG_7665.jpeg

yeah cause this is the last year he will be a Jet. and in 2 years he will be in the CFL. get those jerseys while you can lol

• Haha 1

On 9/2/2023 at 7:43 AM, doitny said:

until he does it for real he had done nothing.

i have watched and heard too many times about how Zach has looked in the preseason (2021-2023) and in camp/practice (2021-2023) to then watch him look like total crap when the games counted to fall for this again.

At the rate of his improvement, it will be a race between him being good enough to start for an NFL team, or if the sun burns out of orbit.  I think the sun is supposed to burn out in about 90 million years.  Both are inevitable.  

• Haha 2

7 pages (and me, very infrequent poster making it even longer, lol) of the same unending debate.  We all know he stunk last 2 years, but why can't we just appreciate the small improvement and hope that he may somehow get better and leave it at that?  Doesn't matter who the comp was against, last year he likely would not have done the good things listed in the video.  He likely never gets to be even an average starting QB, but there is some improvement.  How can that possibly be bad for the Jets?  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, cat999 said:

7 pages (and me, very infrequent poster making it even longer, lol) of the same unending debate.  We all know he stunk last 2 years, but why can't we just appreciate the small improvement and hope that he may somehow get better and leave it at that?  Doesn't matter who the comp was against, last year he likely would not have done the good things listed in the video.  He likely never gets to be even an average starting QB, but there is some improvement.  How can that possibly be bad for the Jets?  

its bad if you drink the kool aid. its bad if you think there is " The Plan" for him to be the QB in 2025.  these little so called improvements vs backups and nobody's, shouldn't be used as proof to waste more time and resources on him.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

49 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Absolutely astounding  how many fans are rooting against Zach.

Fact:  He spent his first two seasons stinking up the joint.  Worst starting QB in the game.  

Fact:  He is the back-up QB and as such, may be needed at some point to help this team.

Fact:  He did play much better in his last game.  It's not a regular season game, but his mechanics were sound, he stood in against pressure and delivered some nice passes.  

Concern whether he is a reliable backup at this point is understandable.  Hard to understand why any fan would ignore what they see or review on film later.

Because being right is more important to some fans than the team winning.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

its bad if you drink the kool aid. its bad if you think there is " The Plan" for him to be the QB in 2025.  these little so called improvements vs backups and nobody's, shouldn't be used as proof to waste more time and resources on him.

It ain't cool aid brother ... its truth aid. Zach just needs to continue to improve .. or he will be gone. Simple. No need to to get nervous panties in s a twist over a guy trying to get better. Have to have trust that JD will make the right decision .. if 'the plan' works ... extend him.  If not jettison him.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

Absolutely astounding  how many fans are rooting against Zach.

Fact:  He spent his first two seasons stinking up the joint.  Worst starting QB in the game.  

Fact:  He is the back-up QB and as such, may be needed at some point to help this team.

Fact:  He did play much better in his last game.  It's not a regular season game, but his mechanics were sound, he stood in against pressure and delivered some nice passes.  

Concern whether he is a reliable backup at this point is understandable.  Hard to understand why any fan would ignore what they see or review on film later.

FACT. He sucks.  Name any QB ever who has performed as poorly as Zach that went on to any success.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is pathetic.  The season kicks off in 2 days and you dopes are here bashing zach wilson.  Please pass the captain the ban feature.  I have an ittchy trigger finger for these diseased fools.

Wow. Can you imagine if you were allowed to ban posters . . . 

I agree with you that the disease is real though. There is no way any other 2nd string qb on any team gets as much attention on boards and forums.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is pathetic.  The season kicks off in 2 days and you dopes are here bashing zach wilson.  Please pass the captain the ban feature.  I have an ittchy trigger finger for these diseased fools.

You just sealed the deal for any future mod offers, captain.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

Why is he still here, then? If there's no plan, is the only reason they aren't unloading him because of dead cap? Because he's taking up a roster space if so.

5 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

FACT. He sucks.  Name any QB ever who has performed as poorly as Zach that went on to any success.  

Zach’s mentor for one.   Aaron Rodgers.  Find his first years preseason film and you will see why he was riding the pine.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Why is he still here, then? If there's no plan, is the only reason they aren't unloading him because of dead cap? Because he's taking up a roster space if so.

The dead cap hit is the only reason he is here.

In the meantime Saleh, Douglas etc will pump his tires publicly hoping someone is foolish enough to trade for him.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Hal said:

Zach’s mentor for one.   Aaron Rodgers.  Find his first years preseason film and you will see why he was riding the pine.  

Now you are just making stuff up. Rodgers sat because he had a HOFer ahead of him still playing at a very high level. Rodgers never stunk once he got his chance to start. ZW stunk it up from day 1.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 3

5 hours ago, Hex said:

exactly like @Prodigal Syndicate said.

this is that Disease that @Joe W. Namath talks about. the SOJ disease. so many guys here have it. after 2 of the worst seasons a NFL QB can have they believe and want to see more. 

if we drafted Josh Rosen he might still be on this team if some fans had their way. either way they never would have wanted to draft another QB the very next year.

i dont know if you remember because it was about the time you joined but we had the same thing with Sam Darnold. he had his Sam Fans who wanted to give him another chance. and when he went 3-0 to start 2021 they were all telling us we made a mistake. then he imploded. now hes on his 3rd team as a backup.

very rarely do these busts ever turn it around. and as @Jetsfan80 keeps saying, its never happens to the same team that drafted him. 

he should be traded before next years draft. get whatever we can for him cause were not resigning him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Hal said:

No.. he was drafted to sit the bench and follow and learn from Favre.  He did not literally sink a decent team with poor play. You could say that if we treated Zach like that, he might be good. He actually might. I cant think of a better situation for Zach than 2 years behind Rodgers but he still has happy feet, plays scared, etc.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

So yeah like JD, Saleh and now Rodgers has said there is a succession plan in place. You can disagree with that plan, but pretending it’s not real isn’t a good look lol. 

The message has been crystal clear, consistent and obvious.  Saleh said Zach was part of the future the day he benched him last year. They aren’t leaking things to the media, they are saying it into live microphones during interviews. 

Anything could happen of course, if Rodgers wants to play a third year I think it gets difficult to keep Zach but can we pivot to Rodgers time now ?

for the record, 

Chiefs backup is Gabbert

Bills backup is Kyle Allen

Bengals backup is Jake Browning. 

All fine fellows , all a significant drop off. The reality is any QB capable of starting, is starting. Even the great and powerful teddy 2 gloves and Minshew. 

every contender is screwed by the thing that shall not be named. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Your job is to create content and page views and clicks, not restrict it. You’re on the inside now. Dance for interaction! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hex said:

The primary reason is cap.

The secondary reason is pride.  JD likely thinks he can still redeem his big pick.

But again, this isn't something for today, it's something for 2024 and/or post-Rodgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

No.. he was drafted to sit the bench and follow and learn from Favre.  He did not literally sink a decent team with poor play. You could say that if we treated Zach like that, he might be good. He actually might. I cant think of a better situation for Zach than 2 years behind Rodgers but he still has happy feet, plays scared, etc.  

This is sadly painfully obvious. You can get by playing little college ball being a mommas boy without needing to get your hands dirty. The NFL is ENTIRELY different.. Why I think Zach has regressed so much. He didn’t realize it at first how tough and strong NFL players are. The Defenses smell blood, and know they don’t even have to get their hands on him to scare and effect his play. Learning from Aaron is great, but can’t teach toughness. I don’t know how they can fix that..

• Upvote 1

Zach seems to be improving even if marginally.  To replace him with someone who is definitely better would just create huge dead cap add an $8m or so cap hit to the team.  I say let it be for this season. 

By the way the operative words in my post are def better.