Big Ticket dominates

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The problem is that if Mitchell sucks at RT, we have a hole.  If Brown can play LT again, moving Becton to RT solves that problem.  I'd rather he stay put, but then what can we do about RT?  AVT loss really screwed things up.

Brown brings down Tomlinson play. Mitchell has been adequate.

Mekhi just looks beastly, he is Andre the Giant beating the crap out of smaller wrestlers. It's fun to watch. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The problem is that if Mitchell sucks at RT, we have a hole.  If Brown can play LT again, moving Becton to RT solves that problem.  I'd rather he stay put, but then what can we do about RT?  AVT loss really screwed things up.

Time for Brown to take one for the team and try out RT. He did it a bit in college 100 years ago.

• Upvote 3

IF Mitchell could just be average and not a liability at RT then you keep him there and Becton stays at LT.  You let Brown be a very capable backup.

Constantly switching Becton back and forth isn't good.  He's getting more comfortable back at LT and is starting to dominate.  It's the most important spot on the OL when you have a right-handed QB.  Don't move him.

They should sign a RT if anything.

The really complicating factors are the loss of AVT and now the duration of Tippmann's injury.  The situation has now made it a valid argument to say Becton is the single most valuable player on the offense right now including GW and Breece.  We're scraping the bottom of the barrel with the OL.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, slats said:

I’m old enough to remember when Becton was never going to play another down for this team. Now he’s their most reliable OL. Fun times. 

I thought he was a fat lazy slob who would never amount to anything? What happened?

Oh some patience and they gave him a chance...Wish the know it alls on this board who hated him would chime in.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

I don't  think you can really move him again at this point. Brown will have to step in as RT. Either that or he can retire and open a roster spot for a RT. I agree, Mitchell is wretched. 

I thought he was a fat lazy slob who would never amount to anything? What happened?
Oh some patience and they gave him a chance...Wish the know it alls on this board who hated him would chime in.

They're praying he gets hurt again so they can say I told you so.

26 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
15 hours ago, Jetfuel66 said:

They're praying he gets hurt again so they can say I told you so.

True.....and very SAD

15 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I suggested it numerous times.  We already knew he was finally in shape, picking up the option forces him to do it twice before getting real NFL money.

Agreed.  If we pay him and then he does pack on the pounds again, we'll all be saying "how could they not see this coming?!"

He has to stop giving up sacks and committing penalties.

Unfortunately that's the gig for OL.  They can play well but giving up a couple of sacks a week is a serious problem.  That combined with his typical penalty a week - call him dominant is way overblown.

He's defiantly better than I expected and nice to seem him on the field - but there's still plenty to be concerned with.

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/16/2023 at 4:41 PM, Jetfuel66 said:

They’ve moved on.  
We had the embarrassing Quinnen Williams hate your

Moved to the Becton assassination.

Now we’re on to Zach Wilson.  

They did do a stint obsessed with Jamal Adams hate