Two guys who picked up their games big time this week

hmhertz

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Mitchell & Clemons. I think MM is potentially the best OL

on the team. The way he coordinates his arms with his feet.

Moving him around so much is a disservice to him and the Jets.

Let him regain his strength and stay at RT and develop.

Clemons played with the speed and effort he showed last year,

maybe he added too much weight too fast

Great post! Clemons is a nice surprise on a deep defensive line. This year seems to be a bit down for him compared to last year, so hopefully your observation is a good thing to come for him.

If they end the year knowing Mitchell is next years Right Tackle that is great news.

• Upvote 2

I think Mitchell really hit his stride last season and then got hurt, and it took him sometime to get back into a groove this season as he's had his ups and downs but the OP is correct in that Mitchell had a really good game (especially considering who he was going up against).

Let's hope he can continue to improve and develop. I don't expect playoffs so my biggest interest lies in the hope that we can solidify some positions going into 2024, or at the very least feel good enough about some players so we don't have to go free agent crazy and possible draft some depth pieces to support certain positions (i.e. Center, RT, RB #2, TE)

If we can feel about about:

• Starting Mitchell at RT next year and drafting a mid round guy to compete
  • Izzy as the #2 back
  • Ruckert as the #1 TE
  • Tippmann as the starting Center

Then I think we can focus big $ free agency and high round draft picks on a LT and WR, and use mid round picks for RG, RT, IDL, 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think Mitchell really hit his stride last season and then got hurt, and it took him sometime to get back into a groove this season as he's had his ups and downs but the OP is correct in that Mitchell had a really good game (especially considering who he was going up against).

Let's hope he can continue to improve and develop. I don't expect playoffs so my biggest interest lies in the hope that we can solidify some positions going into 2024, or at the very least feel good enough about some players so we don't have to go free agent crazy and possible draft some depth pieces to support certain positions (i.e. Center, RT, RB #2, TE)

If we can feel about about:

• Starting Mitchell at RT next year and drafting a mid round guy to compete
  • Izzy as the #2 back
  • Ruckert as the #1 TE
  • Tippmann as the starting Center

Then I think we can focus big $ free agency and high round draft picks on a LT and WR, and use mid round picks for RG, RT, IDL, 

The scouting on Mitchell was that he had good feet but needed to bulk up.  But he’s a good 4th rounder, if he can be a swing tackle.  Have to wonder at some point if there’s a disconnect between douglas’ picks and saleh’s willingness to use these guys.   It’s not a good look for saleh if Izzy has a good game this Sunday.  Play your best guys regardless of contract or draft status.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I think one ting we've learned from this team is that developmental D-line players (especially guys taken later on in the draft) need extra time to develop as they do not get much playing time due to the depth of the D-line and constant rotation (even when injuries give them opportunities to play). 

Clemons is in his SECOND season in the NFL. What I am hearing is that he is a 'dumb' player, a JAG, a 'STIFF' because he has made some mistakes on the field and has not developed into his own with the very limited reps that he gets on the field. I would bring up JJ as an example of a guy Jets fans ragged on right away when he didn't show immediate results, who is now having a breakout season in only his second year-  but I've realized its useless to get it through their thick skulls. 

Hating Barack Obama GIF by Obama

His intelect is well noted during interviews. 

Yeah not gonna lie seeing a dude as big and imposing as Clemons get demolished by a WR was a little disappointing to say the least.  Blind side, unexpected, I get it....but still.  

..but yeah, Mitchell has looked really good.  Him cementing that RT spot as his own would make our lives so much easier next offseason, and open up that 1st rounder to take one of those stud WRs.  Let's hope he continues to play well.

38 minutes ago, Bronx said:

His intelect is well noted during interviews. 

What the F are you talking about? Evidence? Proof? He's a football player. A second year DE. Exactly what are you expecting him to say in interviews that is supposed to intellectually blow your mind? 

If you are going to slander the intellect of a player you better come with some proof. 

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think all y'all are way overrating Mitchell right now.

He's mostly been awful this year.  It seems he had an okay game last week but he has a long way to go to get to a trustworthy starting caliber NFL Tackle.

He hasn't had a great year overall that's for sure but it's criminal to say he "It seems he had an okay game last week." He had a great game.

12 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Was very impressed with Mitchell this past Sunday. Watching the all 22, he was often on Maxx Crosby, sometimes 1 on 1 and sometimes double teamed but it was impressive, the fact they neutralized him. Uzomah held him several times and was called for it, a few times, but overall Mitchell was outstanding.

If we do end up signing Becton to a contract or pick up his 5th year option, and get Vera-Tucker back, adding in Tippmann, this is the makings of a halfway decent O-line. 

I will say, though, Zach Wilson being able to scramble out of some of those apparent sacks, might not happen with Aaron Rodgers at QB. (The ball will likely be out of his hand, before he needs to 😂)

Just wondering where you access the all-22?  Thanks. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

What the F are you talking about? Evidence? Proof? He's a football player. A second year DE. Exactly what are you expecting him to say in interviews that is supposed to intellectually blow your mind? 

If you are going to slander the intellect of a player you better come with some proof. 

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

He is a jarhead, a hard-working jarhead. 

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

Clemons had a good game but he got absolutely blown up by a wide out run blocking. He's easy to fool, too aggressive 

I blew up at least two guys that were supposed to be all-city and a guy who was briefly on an NFL roster like that.  I weighed 165 lbs.  It happens to everybody.  If you haven't been lit up like that you weren't trying.

20 hours ago, hmhertz said:

You mentioned his arms and feet coordination. How many of these guys have used a boxing coach to work on that? I mean it would make sense, balance and footwork, but then again...I'm a mere auto claims adjuster in the grand scheme of things, so what do I know lol

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah not gonna lie seeing a dude as big and imposing as Clemons get demolished by a WR was a little disappointing to say the least.  Blind side, unexpected, I get it....but still.  

..but yeah, Mitchell has looked really good.  Him cementing that RT spot as his own would make our lives so much easier next offseason, and open up that 1st rounder to take one of those stud WRs.  Let's hope he continues to play well.

WR is the way to go, it's a great class even compared to recent fine to excellent classes.

Adams age is at a point when they start to fall apart. Don't want to experience

the Rodgers' experience again. For my money our first two picks should be

spent on QB or WR in either order. From his limited playing time 

Carter Warren looks promising

22 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Worst Haiku ever.