Mayfield quietly having a great season in Tampa

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

24 TD's and 8 picks seemingly on his way to close to 4K yards.  Baker was looking like a bridge QB for TB until they get a legit starter. Right now he is looking like the guy. 

Yep, he's been terrific this year.  I couldn't have been more wrong about the guy.  He was the lowest rated QB in the NFL last year.  And he bounced around to multiple teams but managed to catch on.  Very impressive resurgence!

Joe Benigno wanted him as our QB going into this season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is playing very well but he is still baker and still has had baker games.

Must be the coaching up of Todd Bowles.

I thought Bowles would be one of the first firings but he has done a decent job this year.

I wanted Baker and didn't even look at Darnold pre-draft but we would have screwed up Baker as much or worse

• Upvote 1

I've always liked Mayfield and felt that in the right situation can be a very good (not great) QB. You can win with that.

I don't think he got a raw deal in Cleveland though, as I think the reason they moved on from him were maturity issues if I remember.

I think that it worked out for the best him starting over elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Baker and Bowles leading the Bucs to the playoffs. Congrats to both of them.

I'm certainly happy for Bowles.  Even though he didn't win here, he was the classiest HC we've had in a long time.  And he dealt with Macc as his GM, which couldn't have been easy.

I've never been a fan of Baker but I certainly give him credit for the success he's had and the perseverance he's shown.

Jets should take notes. Too late for Mayfield since he will likely get overpaid this offseasln, but we should be signing fringe starters at big discounts. Then draft a QB in the mid rounds every couple of years. Use the cap space to stack the team. Too late now. We are on the Rodgers wagon.

The home run trade or top of the draft QB hasn't worked for us.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Doesn’t surprise me in the least. I can’t remember an overall #1 pick who’s been jerked around by more inept organizations than Baker Mayfield.

How much do you think Browns fans regret their idiotic GM moving on from him for DeShaun Watson?

Imagine the Browns with Baker, the 250 million they gave the molester, and the draft picks they gave up.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Derrick Carr quietly has his team tied for the division lead.   10 tds and 3 picks in his last 6 games 67% completion, 3100 yards with 3 games left, 93 QB rating.

Ah yes the hero we should have had,,,,,the hero we deserved.

The guy I wanted.

Plus, don't drop in the 1st round, get the Right Tackle we wanted. plus a second rounder to use on a WR like Rashee Rice

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Jets should take notes. Too late for Mayfield since he will likely get overpaid this offseasln, but we should be signing fringe starters at big discounts. Then draft a QB in the mid rounds every couple of years. Use the cap space to stack the team. Too late now. We are on the Rodgers wagon.

The home run trade or top of the draft QB hasn't worked for us.

All it takes is one though.  I'd still be very happy about the pick if we took any of Caleb, Drake or Jayden.  And they absolutely should sit their first year.  We'd need at least another draft to build up the OL and weapinzz.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I've always liked Mayfield and felt that in the right situation can be a very good (not great) QB. You can win with that.

I don't think he got a raw deal in Cleveland though, as I think the reason they moved on from him were maturity issues if I remember.

I think that it worked out for the best him starting over elsewhere.

The reason they moved on is they were afraid of him throwing the ball. He was an interception machine for the Browns. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

I thought Bowles would be one of the first firings but he has done a decent job this year.

I wanted Baker and didn't even look at Darnold pre-draft but we would have screwed up Baker as much or worse

and he would have if it wasnt for Baker.

amazing how a good QB can make the HC look so good.

24 TD's and 8 picks seemingly on his way to close to 4K yards.  Baker was looking like a bridge QB for TB until they get a legit starter. Right now he is looking like the guy. 
Good season ... Not a great season. Still props to Baker. I thought he'd be a fun fit in NY.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He's having the best year of his career, by far, seemingly solved his turnover issue which has plagued his career.  I'm sure throwing to Evans and Godwin w/ White in the backfield doesnt hurt.  

Funny, because both were available but Derek Carr and Bakery Mayflower are the same dude.  Can show you flashes of franchise QB play but they're both a back breaking turnover away from showing their true colors.  Only Josh Allen has more turnovers then those 2 dudes in the last 5 years.