JD & RS Bet It on All Rodgers

Ulrich

And his pairing with his lackey Hackett.

As ordered to by their air head bosses the Johnson brothers.

Yet Vegas approved as Jets were preseason SB favorites w odds similar to Buffalo, Cincy & Dallas. 

And let’s be honest we all were jacked up about it too.

4 offensive series in to the season that bet failed spectacularly.

Same bet in 2024. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

And?  We fans were basically told by all of the talking heads and even some of the posters here that Zach was the only problem and that Rodgers would lead the team to the playoffs.  Impossible to say how that would’ve turned out had Rodgers not been injured.  But it has been shown, game after game, that there are more problems than just the qb and they got worse as the season went on.  They should’ve gotten better as teams are supposed to gel.  This is all on saleh.  Whatever this team was capable of was completely upended by salehs mismanagement.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

And?  We fans were basically told by all of the talking heads and even some of the posters here that Zach was the only problem and that Rodgers would lead the team to the playoffs.  Impossible to say how that would’ve turned out had Rodgers not been injured.  But it has been shown, game after game, that there are more problems than just the qb and they got worse as the season went on.  They should’ve gotten better as teams are supposed to gel.  This is all on saleh.  Whatever this team was capable of was completely upended by salehs mismanagement.

You put all the blame on Saleh for Zach sucking and a terrible OL? 
You’re giving Douglas a pass, huh?

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Yet Vegas approved as Jets were preseason SB favorites w odds similar to Buffalo, Cincy & Dallas. 

Same bet in 2024. 

It was 4 Offensive plays or 75 glorious seconds. If you are going to troll the Jets and its fans at least get your facts straight.giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47m2xigl9fh9h5u4nu6iixp8o81zpuomj3fmnyadfb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

2 seasons in a row same problem the oline. And this year too much shuffling of the oline when they could have maintained some level of continuity. Newman played fine at C and G. They should have left hime at RG with Tippman C. Then bring up Safford a month ago or so and let him gel with the oline at one of the T positions. Changes should have only been due to bad play or injury and none of the guys I mentioned were hurt bad or playing badly, though Safford maybe didn’t do well in practice but was a pro bowler previously. Maybe with all that then Becton and Lakenson would have gelled with them and the whole oline would have been better. But, no they voluntarily played a new oline combo every week that was doomed to fail based on having no chemistry between each other due to constant change.

13 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You put all the blame on Saleh for Zach sucking and a terrible OL? 
You’re giving Douglas a pass, huh?

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Let’s just say it’s 80-20.  Saleh is the guy running the practices, watching how his coaches prepare, and decides who plays.  Douglas only brings in the beef.  In spite of the injuries, this oline could be playing much better.  It’s too easy to blame their dysfunction on injuries or even individual talent level.  They have been down right bad and that falls on the coach.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

2 seasons in a row same problem the oline. And this year too much shuffling of the oline when they could have maintained some level of continuity. Newman played fine at C and G. They should have left hime at RG with Tippman C. Then bring up Safford a month ago or so and let him gel with the oline at one of the T positions. Changes should have only been due to bad play or injury and none of the guys I mentioned were hurt bad or playing badly, though Safford maybe didn’t do well in practice but was a pro bowler previously. Maybe with all that then Becton and Lakenson would have gelled with them and the whole oline would have been better. But, no they voluntarily played a new oline combo every week that was doomed to fail based on having no chemistry between each other due to constant change.

Good points.  This is all on saleh.  He’s the one who decides who plays.  Just why hasn’t he benched Tomlinson?  He didn’t seem to have much compunction about launching carter.  And just why is cook still in there?  I don’t know what’s going on with scaffold but I suspect a lot of vets just aren’t buying this locker room love that saleh keeps spewing about.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, billo83 said:

Woody should fire himself for demanding AR

Revisionist history… The board was majorly in favor, as was I, for AR… The dude was never injured… One of the best all-time quarterbacks… But of course when you join the Jets you get the jet karma…

While this season has been a disaster and it's easy to call this all a huge mistake, I still agree w/ the pursuit of Rodgers and I'm fine w/ them seeing this through next season.  Not that I have a say it anyway but they really dont have a choice, nobody is coming to save the Jets and step into this situation.  I know everyone is a genius and just knew this wasnt going to work out but no you didnt.  I mean, sure, it's the Jets but that's the only reason you were right, you can always bet on the negative and 9 times out 10 and be accurate but Rodgers didnt have an injury history, he's been an iron man, in fact.  Injuries happen, look at the QB's out for the year, young, old, prime...sh*t happens. 

The bigger issue was the back up QB position, just like it has been the 2 years before.  It set everything into a spiral when Zach proved once again, that he's not an NFL QB.  I understand the people pointing at the OL but the OL was actually shaping up quite nicely w/ a very good depth before it was completely decimated.  If the line could have held together, and they had an actual QB rather then 3 dudes that shouldnt be in the NFL, the line would have performed better.  Rodgers ability to change protections and get the ball out on time vs. Zach who cant see the field and holds the ball forever, is a killer for any OL.  It's why this same fanbase hated every OLmen to play here w/ Zach under center yet those same sh*tty players go to other teams and excel. 

Oh that's right, it's the OC!!!!  Get meanie Lil Mikey out and watch this offense blossom! Well, guess what, he's about to be the OC over the OROY 2 straight seasons and the Rams offense looks unstoppable.  Can you name their starting OL?  Of course you cant unless you're a big fan of the Canadian Football league and new UDFA Alaric Jackson was a future LT in the NFL.  But you know what they do have?  A veteran signal caller w/ game breaking weapons all over the field, which the Jets are severely lacking.   Remember the year before when the Rams only won 5 games?  Do you know what the difference has been season to season?   A healthy veteran QB.

48 minutes ago, LSJF said:

Revisionist history… The board was majorly in favor, as was I, for AR… The dude was never injured… One of the best all-time quarterbacks… But of course when you join the Jets you get the jet karma…

He was injured the majority of the 22 season.  He probably should have gone on IR but he was still pissed they drafted Love and the Packers would have played him.

Just now, Biggs said:

He was injured the majority of the 22 season.  He probably should have gone on IR but he was still pissed they drafted Love.  

A thumb injury is not indicative of being injury prone… He wanted a receiver, so that was issue w J Love…

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Ego, thumb and Achilles injury in less than 1 year at age 39 is indicative of being injury prone. 

So the narrative is that he has a big ego now,…were you upset when he was coming to the Jets? I was psyched when he was coming here… And psyched for him next year… Did you want Derek Carr? 

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If only there was a mod here, who could merge the threads!  :)

If only there were posters who knew the difference between a unique thought to start a thread instead of whining and complains  about the same thing over and over again. I’m here to moderate a message board of Jet fans, not babysit a bunch of pansies. But, here we are, 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If only there were posters who knew the difference between a unique thought to start a thread instead of whining and complains  about the same thing over and over again. I’m here to moderate a message board of Jet fans, not babysit a bunch of pansies. But, here we are, 

Lol.  The truth is that if all overlapping threads were merged, we might only have about 10 threads.  And still about 5 of them would be about Zach Wilson.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Same bet in 2024. 

OK ???

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

While this season has been a disaster and it's easy to call this all a huge mistake, I still agree w/ the pursuit of Rodgers and I'm fine w/ them seeing this through next season.  Not that I have a say it anyway but they really dont have a choice, nobody is coming to save the Jets and step into this situation.  I know everyone is a genius and just knew this wasnt going to work out but no you didnt.  I mean, sure, it's the Jets but that's the only reason you were right, you can always bet on the negative and 9 times out 10 and be accurate but Rodgers didnt have an injury history, he's been an iron man, in fact.  Injuries happen, look at the QB's out for the year, young, old, prime...sh*t happens. 

The bigger issue was the back up QB position, just like it has been the 2 years before.  It set everything into a spiral when Zach proved once again, that he's not an NFL QB.  I understand the people pointing at the OL but the OL was actually shaping up quite nicely w/ a very good depth before it was completely decimated.  If the line could have held together, and they had an actual QB rather then 3 dudes that shouldnt be in the NFL, the line would have performed better.  Rodgers ability to change protections and get the ball out on time vs. Zach who cant see the field and holds the ball forever, is a killer for any OL.  It's why this same fanbase hated every OLmen to play here w/ Zach under center yet those same sh*tty players go to other teams and excel. 

Oh that's right, it's the OC!!!!  Get meanie Lil Mikey out and watch this offense blossom! Well, guess what, he's about to be the OC over the OROY 2 straight seasons and the Rams offense looks unstoppable.  Can you name their starting OL?  Of course you cant unless you're a big fan of the Canadian Football league and new UDFA Alaric Jackson was a future LT in the NFL.  But you know what they do have?  A veteran signal caller w/ game breaking weapons all over the field, which the Jets are severely lacking.   Remember the year before when the Rams only won 5 games?  Do you know what the difference has been season to season?   A healthy veteran QB.

Yes and no. Fault falls on JD for this disastrous season. Mistake number 1, he didn't secure a backup QB.  Zach shouldn't have even played this year UNLESS both Rodgers and his backup went down. Sit, learn, digest, manicure his nails on the sidelines- that's it. Secondly, JD absolutely sheet the bed with assembling the OL. Yea injuries happen and losing AVT just totally decimated the OL.  But JD gambled that Brown would return to take over LT. BIG BIG MISTAKE. Not only was he a shell of himself early on, he ultimately allowed the sack that ended the Jets season.  Brown has been abysmal, injured and one of the worst decisions eve made by a GM. HE should have been nothing more than a depth piece rather than be counted on as the starting LT, especially given his age and last year's issues.  Third, JD banked on Becton to hold fort on the right side.  AGAIN, like Brown, Becton was injured and missed the entire year and still struggling with weight issues.  Yet JD rolled the dice and Becton, while he has stayed active, has been pretty bad.  Mix that mess up and we sit with one of the worst offenses in NFL history. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Yes and no. Fault falls on JD for this disastrous season. Mistake number 1, he didn't secure a backup QB.  Zach shouldn't have even played this year UNLESS both Rodgers and his backup went down. Sit, learn, digest, manicure his nails on the sidelines- that's it. Secondly, JD absolutely sheet the bed with assembling the OL. Yea injuries happen and losing AVT just totally decimated the OL.  But JD gambled that Brown would return to take over LT. BIG BIG MISTAKE. Not only was he a shell of himself early on, he ultimately allowed the sack that ended the Jets season.  Brown has been abysmal, injured and one of the worst decisions eve made by a GM. HE should have been nothing more than a depth piece rather than be counted on as the starting LT, especially given his age and last year's issues.  Third, JD banked on Becton to hold fort on the right side.  AGAIN, like Brown, Becton was injured and missed the entire year and still struggling with weight issues.  Yet JD rolled the dice and Becton, while he has stayed active, has been pretty bad.  Mix that mess up and we sit with one of the worst offenses in NFL history. 

I wont disagree that he hasnt done a great job w/ the OL but I dont know that he was gambling, per say, on Becton and Brown.  They were both under contract and Brown played really well while injured for the entire season, so it was reasonable enough to think he'd recover and play well.  He did draft a LT prospect, he had Mitchel coming back healthy as depth and add more depth at T and had the luxury of w/ guys like Schweitzer and AVT moving to T if needed because they had very good depth on the interior; AVT, Tomlinson, McGovern, Tippman, Schweitzer - but sadly 3 ended up on IR.  Again, not great and maybe he should have upgraded from Becton/Brown but I think the unit they had and the depth they had w/ Rodgers, was more then fine.  We just never got to see it play out.  

3 hours ago, LSJF said:

So the narrative is that he has a big ego now,…were you upset when he was coming to the Jets? I was psyched when he was coming here… And psyched for him next year… Did you want Derek Carr? 

I'm a Jets fan.  I live for the offseason.  I was psyched when he was coming and I will be psyched when he leaves. 

• Post of the Week 1