Jets' Woody Johnson: Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas to return in '24

This was very obviously coming. JD put more effort last offseason into having the team be saddled with him another year than he did improving the team. And if JD is keeping his job then it would be idiotic to do anything but give the entire same group another year.

Short of things very unlikely magically turning around next season, then it will be time for the full housecleaning.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

This is a rational business decision.  He is in the hole with Rodgers and the front office contracts.   The path for next season is set.  Why spend money to only make things worse. 

Watch Woody make JD and Saleh work in their lame duck year.  Does even have to fire them.  They just expire.  He is not doing them favors by keeping them. 

• Upvote 2

Only people who didn’t see this coming were just blinded by rage / disappointment  of this season. The jets are handcuffed to this situation until the end of next season. While everyone could have done a better job or would have / could have done something different, the biggest issues this year were injury related. Since you can’t blow the team up at this point, there really isn’t any other option other than to try to do some retooling and running it back. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is a rational business decision.  He is in the hole with Rodgers and the front office contracts.   The path for next season is set.  Why spend money to only make things worse. 

Watch Woody make JD and Saleh work in their lame duck year.  Does even have to fire them.  They just expire.  He is not doing them favors by keeping them. 

It's weird Siemian doesn't throw an INT or fumble the ball.

Weird, weird, weird.

• Haha 1

I was talking about this earlier today with both Woody and Chris. We decided that running it back with Aaron would be the best choice.

We're going to let Keith Carter go and Aaron no longer has roster say.

Mistakes were made this season. For sure. We're going to trade Zach and you can expect a veteran backup in here next year.

You never know how the draft board is going to fall in. Chris brought up some good points, so don't quote us on this but we're looking at a developmental quarterback in the fourth round most likely.

There are leaks in this organization. Now we have to get to the bottom of that. Everything we decided today wasn't supposed to come out until the new year.

We will find the mole.

PXL_20231224_210821926.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was talking about this earlier today with both Woody and Chris. We decided that running it back with Aaron would be the best choice.

Mistakes were made this season. For sure. We're going to trade Zach and you can expect a veteran backup in here next year.

You never know how the draft board is going to fall in. Chris brought up some good points, so don't quote us on this but we're looking at a developmental quarterback in the fourth round most likely.

There are leaks in this organization. Now we have to get to the bottom of that. Everything we decided today wasn't supposed to come out until the new year.

We will find the mole.

Whose quote is that??? Woody???  4th round dev QB????   This organization is run like a candy store. 

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We will find the mole.

Should tell him no point in reaching for a tackle now that we might not have a chance at the top 2 … might as well take Jayden Daniels or Penix or trade back 

10 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

Should tell him no point in reaching for a tackle now that we might not have a chance at the top 2 … might as well take Jayden Daniels or Penix or trade back 

We weren't happy with the Penn State kid, has some injuries there.

Alt is an amazing prospect.

I'll mention the trade back options to Woody during our Christmas lunch.

I don't have direct access to Joey D though but I'm sure Woody will pass the thought along.

49 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We will find the mole.

Woody is that close to the fans and nobody turned around and cursed him out. where is @kevinc855 when you need him.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

We will find the mole.

Was the stadium THAT empty????  I was golfing and didn't watch game. 

17 hours ago, varjet said:

I believe they still have 2 years left in their contacts. JD got a 6 year deal in 2019 and Saleh got a 5 year deal when he was hired.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Was the stadium THAT empty????  I was golfing and didn't watch game. 

You missed a great one.  We got out to a big lead, fought through some adversity only to be victorious in the end.

Team showed grit and fight when they could have easily packed it in for Christmas.  

Was super entertaining.

• Haha 3