Jets vs Pats  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Jets vs Pats

• rooting for a Jet win
    • rooting for a Jet loss

25 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I agree

Even at 0-27 we were trying to improve.

We were just outclassed until we got the right players in the right positions and batting order.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes.  Exactly.  Hence why I support tanking, to help us get the right players in the right positions, lol.  

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sure we could.  In 2002 did you root for the Pats to win the final week of the season, in order to help the Jets make the playoffs?

Obviously, I meant when they play the Jets. That was the context of the original question. 

9 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

First off, nobody that is a true fan loves the tank.... Smart ones however understand the value of a certain draft position once the season is completely done in for. It allows for a trade down if necessary to gain more picks, or in this case the LT that will actually help us improve the OL. That is all it is, nothing more nothing less. Believe me when I say it pains most of us to sometimes have to do that, because I love rooting for our team.

Duhhhh this guy gets it 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think the tank crowd are a bunch of spineless losers but this game separates the crowd. Anyone rooting for the patriots is just a fair weather poser. 

Any real Jet fan rooting for the patriots to beat the Jets can hand in their fan card. 

Oh, shut up.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I can't wait for the people savoring these wonderful, franchise changing wins right now come in to winge and cry when AR8 is writhing around on the turf again early next year...

It's ******* inevitable. 
Yeah, all because the Jets won a few games at the end. Right.
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, bicketybam said:
32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:
I can't wait for the people savoring these wonderful, franchise changing wins right now come in to winge and cry when AR8 is writhing around on the turf again early next year...

It's ******* inevitable. 

new here willy wonka GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

It's ******* inevitable. 
Probably the biggest Jets fan right now is Joe Alt.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
33 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:
200.gif?cid=d9212ad9jqsgkbpn9jwswrsdgq5zlmmpz54glvwvpnampsot&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

Yeah I'm new. I can't remember what the Jets have done with all the previous #2 and #3 overall draft picks. Give me a break.

Bam!! Bickety.... Bam!! 

It doesn't really matter, they'll suck until the end of time, no matter what. 

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're certainly right that my question is not based in reality but your response is what "separates the crowd".  You'd knowingly give the Pats another 20 years of TB12-like play just to win a meaningless week 18 game against them.

That’s not what’s at play here.  

44 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It's ******* inevitable. 

I mean, imagine Nick Bosa and Trevor Lawrence on this team. Would have Leo instead of Quinnen but you'd also have 2 extra 2nds, $75m to surround them with talent, and probably make the playoffs in 2022.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

I am not gonna blame the Jets for winning meaningless late season games.  I am going to blame them for the 5 game losing streak after a 4-3 start.  Which included 3 games against teams that were below .500 when we played them and are still below .500 today.  Two games where we held opponents under 200 yards of offense and still lost.  That stretch ended the season.  And there seems to be a stretch like that every year.  7 straight to end last season.  1-5 start in 21.  13 game losing streak in 2020.  1-7 start in 2019.  6 game losing streak after a 3-3 start in 2018.  Every freaking season we have a stretch of incompetence that kills the season.

That was my whole point in my thread.  I want wins when they count.  I don't get any excitement over the constant useless wins from this team, nor do I think they should be celebrated.  The ugly by-product of those wins is a worse draft pick and a dumb, embarrasing head coach (any one of them) celebrating that win like he won the AFC Title.   

• Upvote 4

On 12/25/2023 at 3:38 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes.  Exactly.  Hence why I support tanking, to help us get the right players in the right positions, lol.  

The point is it does NOT help.

Draft picks are a crap shot anyway.

It sends the wrong message.  Some players on this team are already dogging it.

These players need to be cut, traded, fired, whatever...

As a fan you are just supporting players like Becton who are holding the Jets back.

Not to mention that Coaches cannot be supportive of losing in any case.

I am never going to agree with tanking...Never.  Just like I say I might stop being a Jet fan but will never change teams.

Let’s see what happens this week. 

My guess is that you’ll need a top 6 pick to guarantee yourself one of the top 2 tackles. (That would allow for the top 3 QBs and MHJ to come off the board and still have the OTs available at 5 and 6)

If a loss guarantees us a top 6 pick, I’m good with a loss. Otherwise, I want to kill New England. 

Of course, once the game starts, I’ll be physically incapable of rooting for NE, regardless. 

On 12/25/2023 at 8:14 AM, kevinc855 said:

I think the tank crowd are a bunch of spineless losers but this game separates the crowd. Anyone rooting for the patriots is just a fair weather poser. 

Any real Jet fan rooting for the patriots to beat the Jets can hand in their fan card. 

You have to be a tool to root for this Jets team.  The team ran a con on the fan base this year and it was an outright grift of season ticket holders..  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GKnight83 said:

As a fan you are just supporting players like Becton who are holding the Jets back.

I am never going to agree with tanking...Never.  Just like I say I might stop being a Jet fan but will never change teams.

Players should never tank.  If they do they should get cut.  Coaches on the other hand should be evaluating the players who haven't been starters at this point.  There is no reason management has to put the best players on the field when the season has already been a failure.  The team has a ton of players to evaluate beyond the guys who give us the best chance to win.

Draft picks and cap space is designed to help crappy teams even the playing field.  While they aren't guaranteed over time the chalk picks will improve the talent on bad teams compared to good teams unless the GM is falling in love with players and not going with the chalk picks.  Those guys have to be fired sooner than later.

3 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

You do you, but winning these meaningless games helps even less.  Theres never been a “carryover effect” and there’s no tangible benefit.  

At least my rooting interest in these circumstances - tanking - has a tangible goal in mind.  And regardless of what you say about the draft, the data supports the premise that the higher the pick, the better odds of a hit/impact player.  You also get a higher pick in each round, a benefit which should not be quickly dismissed.  

• Upvote 1

One way the NFL could fix this sh*t, is get rid of provincial divisions. Take all the teams that win their division, and put them in Division A. Take all the teams that finished in last place and put them in Division D. But the NFL won't do that, because the whole thing is rigged in ice. 

• 2 weeks later...