Unbelievable Stat

section314

I give shanahan credit for being a good OC and for being a great developer of offensive talent. He really knows how to use guys like Aiyuk and Samuel and he usually understands how to lien on CMC - except Christmas night against the Ravens when he forgot the formula and thought he was calling plays for the greatest show on turf. 

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I want Monken as our next H.C. he's the guy that can fix out offense.  He's been around a while so certainly not a flash in the pan one year wonder OC.  He also has a lot of contacts around the league so I think he would put a great staff together.   The way Lamar and that Raven offense is playing is pretty exciting

He comes from U of Georgia and the Ravens, both solid programs that are successful and stabile.  Not sure the Jets fit that profile for him to want to ever come here. 

51 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I give shanahan credit for being a good OC and for being a great developer of offensive talent. He really knows how to use guys like Aiyuk and Samuel and he usually understands how to lien on CMC - except Christmas night against the Ravens when he forgot the formula and thought he was calling plays for the greatest show on turf. 

I really think that Shanahan was trying to prop up Purdy for that MVP. It made no sense not to heavily utilize CMC in this game.

He seems very inclined to do stuff like that, when McCaffrey was trying to break that TD consecutive record he force fed him in a game the Niners had well in hand

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Random musing The redskins at one point had on their staff:  

Remember, folks, the Redskinsin 2013 had a coaching staff of Mike Shanahan, his son Kyle, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Raheem Morris, Jim Haslett and Aubrey Pleasant. And proceeded to get rid of all that coaching talent and hired Jay Gruden as the head coach.

wow

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets fans turning their noses up at 13 win teams and coaches becasue they do not come back from being 8 points down.

3W4P.gif

That wasn’t the point of this thread. It just seems a bit strange that as good as they have been that they have never come back from being down in the 4th Q.Even the Jets have done it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

Cleveland and Pittsburgh in 2022 come to mind.

image.gif.5d910d58781abb242c698b8ed2f67fd2.gif

I think you’re onto something.

Let’s start the negotiations with SF on swapping head coaches.

Should be clear as day the 9ers need a HC upgrade, and that Ensalada should be their #1 target based on those comeback wins he authored

We’ll take Shanahan off their hands for a 1st round pick, and they can have Sideshow Bob and his wicked smart slogan-making abilities 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

I want Monken as our next H.C. he's the guy that can fix out offense.  He's been around a while so certainly not a flash in the pan one year wonder OC.  He also has a lot of contacts around the league so I think he would put a great staff together.   The way Lamar and that Raven offense is playing is pretty exciting

Not going to be popular but Jim Schwartz I think is going to make a great head coach. Yes he is a defensive guy but his defenses have been top notch everywhere he has gone. He is the best parts of rex in that players love him and play hard for him but he is not a circus clown who is going to fuel the ny media I think he would be a great fit for us with the right offensive coordinator to lean on.

On 12/26/2023 at 11:21 AM, drsamuel84 said:

I wanted him when the Jets passed on him the first time!

On 12/26/2023 at 2:53 PM, Larz said:

Random musing The redskins at one point had on their staff:  

Remember, folks, the Redskinsin 2013 had a coaching staff of Mike Shanahan, his son Kyle, Sean McVay, Matt LaFleur, Mike McDaniel, Raheem Morris, Jim Haslett and Aubrey Pleasant. And proceeded to get rid of all that coaching talent and hired Jay Gruden as the head coach.

And this is precisely why I didn’t blame Mike Shanahan for what happened in Washington and why I wanted him to be the President of football operations like he wanted to be here. 

But somehow folks kept saying how the game had passed him by….