Pats and Belli part ways.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We still finished 1-15 against him.  Plus they have a better draft pick while we have a worse one.

True.

But if they had a better pick in, say, 2021, maybe even the 2nd overall, we'd all be certain the Pats would draft the next Tom Brady, maybe that freakish QB from Jet Blue Utah, and we'd never be beat them again.

Drafts can be a funny thing...ask the Ravens.

2 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

True.

But if they had a better pick in, say, 2021, maybe even the 2nd overall, we'd all be certain the Pats would draft the next Tom Brady, maybe that freakish QB from Jet Blue Utah, and we'd never be beat them again.

Drafts can be a funny thing...ask the Ravens.

Interesting "What If".

It would be more probable than not, the Patriots trade down once or twice.  Accumulate picks and select Mac later in the 1st.

Multiple time cheater and I fully believe the things they were caught for was the tip of the iceburg and with Brady and Belli out a lot more stories will come out.

One of the very finest defensive coaches ever in this league.  

His handling of offense the last few years was ridiculously bad and once again full of hubris  "Oh we are so smart we can just let our D coach and special team guy to be co offensive coordinators.

Like many good coaches with some success they with great hubris feel they should do everything including picking the players.  He is one of the worst GMs of all time, he wasted some of the Brady years by trading down every year.  He was abysmal in drafting probably the last 5-7 years.

Like it or not he showed like many coaches with no hof  pro bowl QB he is nothing special at all without a QB.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Of course he got fired. That way, he gets to collect what he is owed (offset by the team that hires him). BB does not leave money on the table.

Well the option was there to trade him, too.  But with 1 year left on his deal I guess Belichick preferred firing so he could go where he wants without restriction.

Scumbag.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

I'm pretty sure he's staying on the Seahawks as an advisor

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I think if he got a HC opportunity he would leave the Seahawks.

Yep.  Him "staying on" with Seattle gives him the option to take a year off if he wants it, while Seattle retaining his rights means they could still trade him next offseason. 

And if the right job comes along in the next few days, they can of course trade him then, too. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He bolted for the NFL...shortly before 14 wins got vacated at USC...in order to avoid the fallout, so....

So he worked in College Football. 

I think this warrants a "don't hate the player, hate the game" reply honestly, not one I use often.

College Football is a horribly corrupt, cheater-filled business.  Just look at this year's National Title winner for a great example.

I'm not sure cheating the way it seems every big school cheats in the NCAA necessarily makes one a scumbag.

It's the entire NCAA system that is the scumbag here IMO.

• Upvote 2

The end of an era.  I don't fear their potential.  I don't fear Vrabel or the new rookie QB they'll draft.   It's over.  Brady and BB are gone and now they're just like every one else. 

It feels good, especially after finally getting a win against him. His last game ever as a Pat.  Good riddance.

• Upvote 2

I know Woody already guaranteed Saleh coming back, but the HC I would make a play for is Pete Carroll. I actually think Pete and Aaron would work.  Both have a short window of opportunity and I have to believe there is mutual resepct for what they have both accomplished in the NFL.

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So he worked in College Football. 

I think this warrants a "don't hate the player, hate the game" reply honestly, not one I use often.

College Football is a horribly corrupt, cheater-filled business.  Just look at this year's National Title winner for a great example.

I'm not sure cheating the way it seems every big school cheats in the NCAA necessarily makes one a scumbag.

It's the entire NCAA system that is the scumbag here IMO.

K

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The guy won 6 SBs with the Pats after spitting on the Jets on his way out the door here.  Beating him in his last game of a 4-13 season really means that much?

Not the point.  He was never a good head coach before NE, and he wasn't doing much with NE.  One Mo Lewis tackle changed Bill Belichick's future.  If one of our GM's drafted like BB did constantly, they would be run out each year.  But he had Tom Brady.  

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know Woody already guaranteed Saleh coming back, but the HC I would make a play for is Pete Carroll. I actually think Pete and Aaron would work.  Both have a short window of opportunity and I have to believe there is mutual resepct for what they have both accomplished in the NFL.

If the Jets were smart, they would bring in Pete Carroll to be the OC.  That puts Saleh on notice: Here is a VERY capable coach (that we let slip BTW) who will take over the reins if we get off to a slow start.  Carroll gets told he runs the offense completely, with a nod-and-a-wink understanding he coaches if things go south early.

That would be a good idea.  I have NO idea what the Jets will do. 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

If the Jets were smart, they would bring in Pete Carroll to be the OC.  That puts Saleh on notice: Here is a VERY capable coach (that we let slip BTW) who will take over the reins if we get off to a slow start.  Carroll gets told he runs the offense completely, with a nod-and-a-wink understanding he coaches if things go south early.

That would be a good idea.  I have NO idea what the Jets will do. 

There is no way Pete Carroll would accept a job as OC.

• Haha 1

Ahh memories

https://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

"Those investigators hadn't come up empty: Inside a room accessible only to Belichick and a few others, they found a library of scouting material containing videotapes of opponents' signals, with detailed notes matching signals to plays for many teams going back seven seasons. Among them were handwritten diagrams of the defensive signals of the Pittsburgh Steelers, including the notes used in the January 2002 AFC Championship Game won by the Patriots 24-17. Yet almost as quickly as the tapes and notes were found, they were destroyed, on Goodell's orders: League executives stomped the tapes into pieces and shredded the papers inside a Gillette Stadium conference room."

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

A cheater, a scumbag and a fraud will never, ever be considered an all time great by my account. 

He's the biggest fraud in the history of sports.

I wish we had a cheating scumbag fraud that can win us 6 Super Bowls in my lifetime 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I wish we had a cheating scumbag fraud that can win us 6 Super Bowls in my lifetime 

He built a better mousetrap and people hate. Belichick was a lot more good for football than bad. I expect him to be successful at his next stop.

I'm listening to the Belli Kraft presser. As usual Kraft is fos. They say mutually agree to part ways. And cordially. Does that mean he was fired. Btw sounds like BB is going to another team. Even Kraft indicated it. He might actually have another job locked up. 

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He won the division twice and made the playoffs 3 times in 6 seasons, including making it to the AFC championship game. They'd be building statues of him in Florham Park if he had that kind of success as a Jet HC.

BFD, he won.  It was the crap AFC South.  If we were in that division the last 6 years, we would have... [checks stats] ...ummm... nevermind.