Pop up ads on main board

The pop ups are making the site unreadable. The page keeps crashing constantly.

@bitonti don’t be a suck up. 🤮

what started out as a few ads, basically took over half the page, and now we’ve got these damned tv style ads?
NOTE the freaking page reloaded twice while i typed this! WTF

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The pop ups are making the site unreadable. The page keeps crashing constantly.

@bitonti don’t be a suck up. 🤮

what started out as a few ads, basically took over half the page, and now we’ve got these damned tv style ads?
NOTE the freaking page reloaded twice while i typed this! WTF

Then click no ads because you would  miss me, as I would miss you. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

The site has been PeaCocked.  Putting something that used to be free behind a paywall, and now asking for money to get it back to the simple experience it used to be.

I don't know the financials of the site, I doubt the Ad revenue is needed to cover costs, as I've been on these sites for 25 years without this annoying distraction being necessary.  But this is America and people make money off of everything, I like Max, he's an American. 

EDIT: so to pay to remove adds you click on your profile in the top right and go to manage subscriptions. 

$70 BUCKS a year = seems steep for a chatpage  

Can you pay just to turn off the omnipresent new pop up TV add?  Is there a tier for that or maybe just get rid of this change and make money off of basic adds that don't pop up and start talking.

Just to add to this, there is absolutely nothing behind a paywall here. This statement isn't fair. I already explained the video issue and that should be fixed, so I will leave it at that.  We produce a ton of original content, we have two guys going to the Senior Bowl. No paywall.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

This is my opportunity to say pony up for ads free you cheap bastards 

It's not even about the ads it's about supporting max 

You Know You Want To Daniel Radcliffe GIF by Oregon Trail

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Paid for ad free, not to remove the ads, but to support a site I spend hours on per day. 

Thanks guys!

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

You paid $73,000 to give away all your Jets stuff and money? And I am the problem at $7 a month for a great service?

:)

Please don’t remind me about Jets stuff some was my fathers his hat sweatshirt etc … he took me to my first game in Baltimore against the Colts I had ticket stub and game program …. Gone 😢

The whining about the ads is kind of embarrassing.  Every time it's brought up it gets changed so not sure why people thought it would be different this time. 

Do you expect the guy to pay his own money to keep the site open? 

Half of you won't even pay five dollars a month for a streaming network with thousands of hour of content. 

• Upvote 3

I guess it’s fixed but I visit this site 99% of the time on my phone and it wasn’t a big deal. I have no problem with maxman seeing a financial benefit for all the hard work it’s taken to get this site to where it is today. Life is expensive. As someone who owns a business, I can tell people first hand that there are so many expenses that the average person would never consider.  I have no idea what it costs to run this site but I guarantee it’s more than I think it is. Cover your costs, make a profit, I don’t care.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So in the future, just let me know if something doesn't seem right. We have a pretty long track record of caring about the user experience.  :)

This is where the thread should have started from, frankly.  Come on dudes, Phil has shown repeatedly int he past that if we raise an issue, he generally explains it and/or fixes it asap.  

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just wanted to quote this to say two things:

1. This has already been fixed if you are still seeing the videos let me know, thanks.

2. @joewilly12 I see that you liked this post and a note is being made on your permanent record lol.

Thanks for taking care of this Max.

I don’t mind the ads, I realize it’s a cost of doing business, but whatever those tv style pop ups were doing was making the site hard to read, much less post.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just to add to this, there is absolutely nothing behind a paywall here. This statement isn't fair. I already explained the video issue and that should be fixed, so I will leave it at that.  We produce a ton of original content, we have two guys going to the Senior Bowl. No paywall.

Message received.  The new floating adds were an error for registered users and it has been fixed.  Thank you.

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Please don’t remind me about Jets stuff some was my fathers his hat sweatshirt etc … he took me to my first game in Baltimore against the Colts I had ticket stub and game program …. Gone 😢

Did you really pay $73,000? Your share? Or that was the combined total for you and your wife?

More importantly, can you not do the $7 a month? What if we did 3 months for $20?  KIDDING lol.

• Haha 1