Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

He's a great guy and a valued poster, a big part of our community.  I consider him, my friend.

What the hell do you expect me to do now with the tickets I sold to the fight you guys were supposed to have in a parking lot? I feel like the guy from the Fyre Festival now.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Didn’t Saleh read that list at a presser this year? Wild in retrospect, especially considering they were still trying to pretend Zach was good.

Benigno went on Tiki's show and said he got a text from Saleh mid-year listing all those coaches and then named several out of the text. It's one thing to think Benigno was making up texts from Saleh but another to think Benigno spent time researching a made up text. I don't think Saleh ever denied sending those texts.

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Rodgers and the Jets are learning the hard way you never win when you fight with the media......sorry but the media will always win

This rang true for me when Pennington had lectured the media on how it should be about accurate journalism and not about selling papers. The next day the back pages led with "Chaddup!!!" and "Noodle-armed doofus needs a beat down"......or something like that

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hex said:

He almost certainly posts here. If I had to put my money on somebody, probably @Joe W. Namath. The amount of times he referenced "Best owner in the league" was a little fishy if you ask me.

I confess it freely.  I am not him.

I wonder is management knows who it might be.....

We could have a reality tv show based on hunting him down.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

That would be killer. I could be the guy who  banned Woody Johnson. 

Oh yea, I forgot that happened. I was about to ask what happened to him.  Hilarious

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, football guy said:

I've read the article. They went out of their way to paint Robert Saleh, Aaron Rodgers, and Nathanial Hackett in a negative light. The same people who attacked them after they wrote the fabricated Zach Wilson/Aaron Rodgers story. They added a lot of unnecessary fluff to make the team appear much more dysfunctional than it actually is, they doubled down on previous reporting that is flatly not true, and essentially used the article as an opportunity to try and drive a wedge within the building and in the locker room. 

I'd say 70% of the article is true and obvious- its a collection of confirmation on other reports and words that have come straight from Saleh and other players/coaches in press conference availability. 15% are total exaggerations/character assassinations. 15% flat out false  

Do they deserve a positive light ? 

4 hours ago, Pac said:

The article is Bravo channelesque tripe that has no bearing on the situation.

Saleh and JD are entering a lame duck make or break year.  If they lose again, everyone is getting fired.  If they win, which is my expectation, they will be shoving receipts up a whole bunch of asses.

While I find the article frivolous, I'm happy it came out.  I'm going to be glued to the TV for every minute of the ARod Revenge Tour en route to his 5th MVP.  He's going to leave the haters no choice but to curtsy to his greatness.

Mmmm, okay.

The league is perfectly fine with the Jets sucking. They are a money train either way. Allows more room for teams that require winning to sell tickets.
Agreed ... At this point ... The Jets are the George of Seinfeld, he was an incompetent lovable idiot that made that show billions.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Surely Dianna Russini and Zack Rosenblatt would neverrrrrrr do that riiiight?  A mostly fabricated/twisted hit piece just always drops on the day that one of the guys who embarrassed you, called you liars twice (you are), and discredited you (again, twice) is celebrating their 45th birthday.

That’s just the NFL.

• Post of the Week 2

6 hours ago, football guy said:

They'll probably get 4th-5th round value for him 

There's no way. Wilson has no value. Even if a team inexplicably likes him, he'll be on the street for nothing sometime soon. Unless some GM who owes Douglas a favor gives him a 7th out of pity. That's it.

This was a bad pick the day it happened. It's aged like garbage juice on an August day. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Surely Dianna Russini and Zack Rosenblatt would neverrrrrrr do that riiiight?  A mostly fabricated/twisted hit piece just always drops on the day that one of the guys who embarrassed you, called you liars twice (you are), and discredited you (again, twice) is celebrating their 45th birthday.

That’s just the NFL.

I don’t think it helps Saleh’s case to have Josina Anderson tweet that many feelings in the building are hurt because it spoiled Saleh’s birthday cake. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The story is, mostly, twisted, exaggerated, and yes, straight up fabricated:

IMG_5696.thumb.jpeg.a82371246a126324c4c6f3b7e325f9cb.jpeg

IMG_5697.thumb.jpeg.919a08392b7ea4b303a47c7c6f4542a3.jpegIMG_5698.thumb.jpeg.548bc84dae848a7a5b8cae6ead41c016.jpeg
Again - I dislike this regime.  Them getting the boot would have been fine with me.

I dislike sneaky rat reporting even more.

I guess you're Bla Bla Bla's inside source then?  :) 

I appreciate your insight btw.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Bugg said:

There's no way. Wilson has no value. Even if a team inexplicably likes him, he'll be on the street for nothing sometime soon. Unless some GM who owes Douglas a favor gives him a 7th out of pity. That's it.

This was a bad pick the day it happened. It's aged like garbage juice on an August day. 

The reason I think ZW will have trade value is that multiple teams will want him and will end up bidding against each other.  While people on here think ZW stinks, I'm sure NFL GMs and talent evaluators still see the things that got him drafted #2 overall.  Plus they all know that the Jets are a sh-t organization with a terrible OL, only 1 NFL caliber WR and an embarrassingly bad HC/OC.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

The one thing that hasn't been discussed is that The Athletic is probably constantly desperate for subscriptions, which increases the likelihood that they'd sensationalize/fabricate stories.

That said, I still think Saleh stinks.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That's an impressive feat considering our recent batch of HCs.  I might be with you on this, btw.

Move over, Adam Gase!

I think Gase is actually my favorite of the last three. Which is a pretty impressive feat by the Jets, because I despise Gase.

1. Gase 

2a. Bowles 

4. Snake oil Saleh

• Haha 3

LMAO

Publicly, Saleh avoided criticizing Zach Wilson or even acknowledging his struggles. Privately, the coach pinned many of the team’s offensive issues on Wilson, the line and the receivers and told people getting to eight wins with Wilson at quarterback would be a “miracle.”

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LMAO

Publicly, Saleh avoided criticizing Zach Wilson or even acknowledging his struggles. Privately, the coach pinned many of the team’s offensive issues on Wilson, the line and the receivers and told people getting to eight wins with Wilson at quarterback would be a “miracle.”

Hey, why would the morale be low? Perhaps this chart can explain:

IMG_4913.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LMAO

Robert Saleh told the young QB, “This organization is going to lift you, not the other way around.”

If Saleh is and was that down on Zach Wilson he needs to not blame the terrible player but blame the guy who gave him that player and retained that player and who had no back up plan.  That being Joe Douglas.

• Upvote 4