Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

32 minutes ago, PS17 said:

How is JD not mentioned once in this article? Peculiar. 

It’s not uncommon for team decision-makers to consult star quarterbacks on potential roster additions, but the perception around the league was the Jets went beyond the norm. “Rodgers isn’t the assistant GM,” one AFC general manager said. “Joe Douglas is the assistant GM.”

well he was at least mentioned.. as the assistant GM

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this is true, it's pretty amazing (though not surprising).  A lazy OC, a dumb-as-rocks paranoid HC and an owner obsessed with reading comments.

Does the article say what caused the abandonment?  Didn't ZW start to show promise for a little while there?

Understandably.  I bet the entire team felt that way to a degree.  In HK, I remember Ulbrich speaking to the team and showing a replay of AR8 throwing a TD to the opposite corner of the end zone.  Ulbrich said something like "this is our QB this year".  Why would our DC be saying this to his squad?  I mean, I get that he might be trying to say "you're going to have more slack to make mistakes this year" but even that seems like the wrong attitude to try to instill in your defensive guys.  Things must've been 10x worse for ZW, having to constantly hear about this.

Hilarious!  I wish some of the audio of these convos were leaked.

Pathetic.  The guy talked Navy Seals (aka "extreme ownership"), yet never applied it to himself.  I saw (and pointed out) signs of this all year long.  I can't stand Saleh.  He may have been JD's worst decision.  I'm already looking forward to whoever our next disaster of a HC of the NYJ is going to be.

This is a great little point you made. I read Extreme Ownership - it was actually one of the 12 books we were tested on for my Captains Exam. One of the MAJOR TENETS of the book is "Accountability, Up and Down" regarding performance. Saleh holds nobody accountable. 

Did he read the Cliffs Notes version?

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Reporters post negative stuff about Jets—they’re doing their job.

Reporters post something positive—it’s a fluff article, Jets propaganda.

She’s the only reporter that’s been running with this story for weeks.

This attitude of enjoyment that so many of you get when the team gets bashed is weird.  I know it’s a means to an end for many of you that want every single person fired.  But I’m sorry, it’s weird.

Plus it’ll only be a matter of time that everyone turns on the new regime. 

Maybe I just need to try to stay out of negative threads and let the diseased fans enjoy the team bashing, which is the pinnacle of their fandom. 

Classic Optimistic Jets fan = blame the fans who see through the BS 

DUDE THIS IS A PERENNIAL LOSING ORG, WE HAVE LOSING, THE OFFSEASON AND DRAMA THATS IT!!!

You dudes who type like yourself act as if we have the legacy of the Cowboys, 9ers, Steelers !!!

AGAIN THIS IS A LOSING ORGANIZATION WTF ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO????

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

*UPDATE*

2 1/4 truths; the rest are lies:

- The Jets have been looking to make the playbook selection a more collaborative process, but not for the reasons outlined.  I mentioned it the other day, but Hackett’s system is a very good one…when you have a QB who can understand all of the complexities of it.  They dumbed it down significantly for Wilson right around the Chiefs game, tried to ramp it back up for Boyle because he had familiarity, and dumbed it down again to thrust Siemien in when it was clear that Boyle was done for, as well as being outed as the big in-season leaker on top of it.  This was a large reason why Trevor didn’t start until many weeks after he was initially signed, as they were hoping he could grasp it all with some time.  Lastly, yes, Rodgers has been involved with this process; no, Hackett is not “lazy”, but he does lean on Aaron quite a bit for input.

- Woody reads the sh*t out of social media, but no, he doesn’t go running around confronting people with it.  There are enough reasons to call him goofy.  The bullsh*t in this article isn’t needed.

Still not getting to the point of why Zach Wilson was allowed anywhere near the field this year. He had no business being the backup. Or where he went after he was “concussed.” Wilson ghosts reporters on baggy day and then resurfaces in Bora Bora a month later. None of these leaks matter until we get to the bottom of the Zach Wilson nonsense. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

This is a great little point you made. I read Extreme Ownership - it was actually one of the 12 books we were tested on for my Captains Exam. One of the MAJOR TENETS of the book is "Accountability, Up and Down" regarding performance. Saleh holds nobody accountable. 

Did he read the Cliffs Notes version?

I also see so many people who think "Accountability" is just saying it's your fault.. like when NFL coaches are like, "It's on me". That's great buddy, but what are you actually doing about it? Saleh does this all the time, but then tries to throw shade on it or gets the very same results and trots out the same "It's my responsibility". Just saying it doesn't mean jack and people find out real quick if you're that type of guy who just says it or does something about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Still not getting to the point of why Zach Wilson was allowed anywhere near the field this year. He had no business being the backup. Or where he went after he was “concussed.” Wilson ghosts reporters on baggy day and then resurfaces in Bora Bora a month later. None of these leaks matter until we get to the bottom of the Zach Wilson nonsense. 

Nobody is talking.  Likely reason is woody wanted him here and the jets didn’t want to invest a lot in a 3rd qb so they crossed their fingers, gambled and lost.   Saleh just wants a free pass for having to play wilson for 3 years and that’s totally understandable, no coach will succeed with him playing qb.  The whole house of cards was clearly based on rodgers playing and it still is.  Douglas will once again spend significant resources fixing the OL but if rodgers goes down again it’s hard to envision the jets having the balls and foresight to have brought in a qb who can make the offense look respectable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. I feel like this article could read "Saleh and Douglas kidnapped their RB coach and told him to lie" and you would still say "none of this matters, where is Zach Wilson?!" 

Love it.

It doesn’t matter though. Zach’s presence on the roster is what mattered the most.  The season was a waste- because Rodgers got hurt, and then Zach was elected QB by Woody. Everything else is noise. If Hackets playbook was too complex for Wilson, another reason to get him out. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Nobody is talking.  Likely reason is woody wanted him here and the jets didn’t want to invest a lot in a 3rd qb so they crossed their fingers, gambled and lost.   Saleh just wants a free pass for having to play wilson for 3 years and that’s totally understandable, no coach will succeed with him playing qb.  The whole house of cards was clearly based on rodgers playing and it still is.  Douglas will once again spend significant resources fixing the OL but if rodgers goes down again it’s hard to envision the jets having the balls and foresight to have brought in a qb who can make the offense look respectable.

The rationale for not changing course and trying to win 4 plays into the season makes no sense. The entire world knew Zach could not play. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

*UPDATE 2*

Russini despises Rodgers and has been “on a warpath” to get more embattled players/ex-staffers to speak to her since Tim Boyle got outed and Aaron called her article out for being a piece of dirty toilet paper.  She took the criticism “personally” and I would expect more of these hit-piece collabs between her and Rosenblatt in the not-so-distant future.

I think this is the biggest takeaway. It's pretty pathetic. 

The whole thing is centered around Rodgers looking terrible. Shocker. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

51 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I heard absolutely none of this during, or following, this season and I do not like this regime so there’s no agenda for me to build or defend.

This will fly under the radar because people have already made up their minds on what will transpire next season and this just reinforces their confirmation bias, but there are a lot of reasons that Taylor Embree was fired.  He did not “go quietly into that good night” either.  Based on what I know about him, I would bet every dime of my wedding savings that this came from him.

I can tell you with 100% percent certainty that the “taking cell phones” story is complete bullsh*t, as well as the “Wilson had no line to Rodgers” part of the article.  I’ll work on corroborating the rest, but I suspect it will be the same.

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

*UPDATE*

2 1/4 truths; the rest are lies:

- The Jets have been looking to make the playbook selection a more collaborative process, but not for the reasons outlined.  I mentioned it the other day, but Hackett’s system is a very good one…when you have a QB who can understand all of the complexities of it.  They dumbed it down significantly for Wilson right around the Chiefs game, tried to ramp it back up for Boyle because he had familiarity, and dumbed it down again to thrust Siemien in when it was clear that Boyle was done for, as well as being outed as the big in-season leaker on top of it.  This was a large reason why Trevor didn’t start until many weeks after he was initially signed, as they were hoping he could grasp it all with some time.  Lastly, yes, Rodgers has been involved with this process; no, Hackett is not “lazy”, but he does lean on Aaron quite a bit for input.

- Woody reads the sh*t out of social media, but no, he doesn’t go running around confronting people with it.  There are enough reasons to call him goofy.  The bullsh*t in this article isn’t needed.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

*UPDATE 2*

Russini despises Rodgers and has been “on a warpath” to get more embattled players/ex-staffers to speak to her since Tim Boyle got outed and Aaron called her article out for being a piece of dirty toilet paper.  She took the criticism “personally” and I would expect more of these hit-piece collabs between her and Rosenblatt in the not-so-distant future.

Fx Networks Manager GIF by Reservation Dogs

• Haha 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

That’s a completely separate issue that would be better for a separate thread.  I already addressed the big Wilson portion of the article in my original post on page 2.

Furthermore, Wilson is, like, item number 10,000 that needs to be addressed in this sh*tshow.  He’s going to be traded and is not the source here.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Nice recap. But, none of it is a surprise like at all. The real awful part is it’s not over yet.

Exactly.

The Fish rots from the head down, and we are definitely a stinking, reeking, foul fish carcass at this point.

4Y7pXjQl1weM=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mogglez said:

That’s a completely separate issue that would be better for a separate thread.  I already addressed the big Wilson portion of the article in my original post on page 2.

Furthermore, Wilson is, like, item number 10,000 that needs to be addressed in this sh*tshow.  He’s going to be traded and is not the source here.

I don’t doubt he’s not the source. But this season fell on his inability to do anything (which everyone in the building seemed to know already). 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The rationale for not changing course and trying to win 4 plays into the season makes no sense. The entire world knew Zach could not play. 

It’s not rational.  They gave up.  They were shocked and assumed they couldn’t win with a castoff qb.  They punted the entire season after the first series.  

• Upvote 1

Read the article and it reads like something from The Enquirer.  Hasn't Russini already been exposed stretching a bunch of things this season? 

Bottom line is they won 7 games with Zip and a shell of an O line.  You'd think they went 1-16 from this article. 

Next year is the ARod revenge tour and my body is ready.  Buckle up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It’s not rational.  They gave up.  They were shocked and assumed they couldn’t win with a castoff qb.  They punted the entire season after the first series.  

That just doesn’t add up. You have an entire locker room with guys whose careers are on the line. This is their livelihood. Just a horrible look for a professional organization to do that. Culture I guess doesn’t matter.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

The league is perfectly fine with the Jets sucking. They are a money train either way. Allows more room for teams that require winning to sell tickets.

Agreed.  Woody is probably considered a good NFL owner by his peers.  He hasn't been involved in any NFL scandals, personal scandals.  Unlike the Commanders, no front office horror stores.  Woody has never been suspended or punished for bad or unprofessional behavior.

I bet the other owners also love that Woody never seems to "steal" other teams highly valued front office personal.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

I see Mogglez is confirming my suspicions.  Trash article but it will add fuel to the fire for next season 

Can't wait! 

I would expect we will see more throughout the offseason. Maybe some of the content is true but too coincidental for me that it was Russini who co authored it and has a personal issue. 

Best it to take it in stride and hope Rodgers is healthy and ready to go. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1