Looks like the Fish have their own drama

"Some players didn't want to work."

You hear that everywhere now.  Warren Sapp has said it repeatedly, guys want the money, they want the perks, they don't want to put in the effort.   It's going to get worse, guys coming out of college used to making hundred of thousands/millions per year.  They are not going to want to work for hard a$$ coaches who want them to put in work to be better.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Dolphins are mammals!!!!

But yea. these things come out when you underachieve. 

No, the Jets have underachieved for years and--

oh, wait. Yup.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I think I’m missing it 

How can we laugh at Mami? 

It’s like the inmate on death row laughing at a prison rival because he has a sooner execution date. 

We are both doomed regardless 

Yea, and the one left will be lonely!

• Haha 1

Fangio has been around for quite some time.  No doubt he rubbed those south beach snowflakes the wrong way.  And to be honest, I think the nflpa practice rules are partially to blame because teams just don’t have as much time to get the players game ready.  This means they might be pushed harder during actual practices to make up for lost time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

If it helps people cope, apparently Waddle is unhappy with his role as well:

I don't know how you can be unhappy with being on one of the top passing offenses in the league. And he hit the 1k receiving mark. I guess he feels he can be used even more?

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

You hear that everywhere now.  Warren Sapp has said it repeatedly, guys want the money, they want the perks, they don't want to put in the effort.   It's going to get worse, guys coming out of college used to making hundred of thousands/millions per year.  They are not going to want to work for hard a$$ coaches who want them to put in work to be better.

Contenders.jpg.780b84f0a3c19001fc4349910af64389.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I was actually surprised that the Dolphins were as good as they were last season. 

I don't know how these athletes can even think straight down there.  It is the world capital of women.  

And they generally wilt when they have to play up North in December/January.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It does feel like Miami is a tough market when it comes to young players, especially when you have a young coach who runs a loose ship.

Watched a half of an episode of hard knocks and the players looked like they didn’t give a sh*t about what this guy was mumbling. Smart coach, but definitely falls into the kindler gentler NFL category.

image.gif.cee11ea21a2deaa2e1f1646d8717b02c.gif

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

when you have a young coach who runs a loose ship.

His demeanor - at least with the cameras, was always a bit off-putting for me. It's always been clear to me that he cared a lot about what the media and fans thought about him. He wanted to be quoted, he wanted to be a meme, etc. That's all fine and dandy in most respects, but as a young guy who is tasked with getting 53 younger guys (plus dozens of coaches/strength trainers, etc.) to focus and put in the work to be great for 8 months of the year, that same need to be liked by people is eventually going to get in his way. Looks like Thanksgiving was the "eventually" point.

Add South Beach to the equation and star players (Tyreek, Jalen) who are on record for wanting to be in Miami over other teams for the weather and party scene...it's not a winning recipe.

To be clear, I'm not sure that Vic's way would have worked either, but I think it's the better alternative. Ultimately, regardless of coaching, it's on the star players or the QB to set that tone with the rest of the team. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, chirorob said:

This is why there need to be positional caps across the league, QBs make x amount, WRs x amount, etc...and bonuses paid out evenly % wise for each position for wins, divisions titles, playoffs, conference championships, and super bowls.

Watch how hard everyone starts working.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, section314 said:

NIL is just about the dumbest, harmful thing they could have ever done to these kids. Every time you think the NCAA can’t get any worse they always prove you wrong.

harmful?

they getting some of the massive cut of college football revenues?  that's harmful?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, section314 said:

NIL is just about the dumbest, harmful thing they could have ever done to these kids. Every time you think the NCAA can’t get any worse they always prove you wrong.

if you said it’s bad for the NCAA or the college coaches, I’d agree. How is it bad for the kids though?

• Upvote 4

"Contenders"

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:47 PM, chirorob said:

So other teams GMs miss on draft picks & UFA signings too?  Impossible to many here...

• Post of the Week 1