50/50 Saleh could still be fired?

2 minutes ago, Tooooon said:

Is this at all an even remotely reliable “source”?  Asking for a friend.

I’d say not at all, but stumbled into this article and saw the tweet.

https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/rumor-50-50-chance-robert-saleh-fired-new-york-jets-head-coach/?fbclid=IwAR0u5dyurBihhZd9ovnbtwVi_J-H1xTAOTAGBJI-iwb8om06Hh0ZvA2Oi3E

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Is it more of a circus if they keep Saleh with a couple of quality experienced head coaches available, or more of a circus if they fire him weeks after their season ended and the owner had already stated to the press and fans that Saleh was coming back?

I too, am asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

This seems about as plausible as the Twitterx claim that Mike Vrabel hadn't got another HC gig because he is so physically imposing that he frightens front office types.

I'd love for Woody to move on from Bobby Word-Salad, but I really can't see it happening at this point. We're stuck with the current regime for 2024.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Not much else worth talking about. Never heard of this guy. Probably just a BS rumor, but figured some of you guys would like hearing this...
Vrabel has to be on deck.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Unless Ulbrich is getting some serious backing I don’t see saleh getting launched before the season starts.  Saleh has certainly made some serious errors in the way he’s managed the team and especially the coaches but he did get them to seven wins and the conventional wisdom thinks a different qb could’ve squeezed out a couple more wins once Rodgers went down.  But all that is in the past and now the future needs to be looked at.  There just don’t seem to be any top coaches available except for vrable and he probably wants quite a bit.

• Upvote 2

Only way I could see it happening is if we have had back channel conversations with a candidate we are ready to bring on board.  And even then, I am leary of firing Saleh and keeping Douglas.  This is the team they build together -- either both go or both stay. 

Hiring a coach now is likely to limit GM candidates should it be Douglas' time next offseason.

• Upvote 3

if and a big if there is any truth to this could it be Saleh is the one who wants to leave?

He has a large family and maybe they simply never adjusted to life in Jersey. Hell I have lived here for 64 years and want to kill people on a daily basis.

Growing up in Mich is a major difference then here and maybe he is looking out for his family. He does seem to be that type of guy which I am in no way criticizing.

Pure 1000% speculation but if it did happen I could see that being the reason.

There were some similarities to Favre sabotaging Mangini after he was promised he's stick around.  Still Mangini was gone in December.  Can't see this happening now absent some big scandal - racist tweets, meltdown, etc.  I also can't see it being Ulbrich.  The D is good, but Saleh gets as much credit for that as Ulbrich.  The O is bad, but you can't buy somebody else's theory without moving on from Rodgers/Hackett and that seems extremely unlikely.  I guess the only wild cards would be a guy like Carroll or Belichick going hard after it, or Rodgers backing somebody and Woody being swayed by the star power.

• Upvote 1

Only way I could see it happening is if we have had back channel conversations with a candidate we are ready to bring on board.  And even then, I am leary of firing Saleh and keeping Douglas.  This is the team they build together -- either both go or both stay. 
Hiring a coach now is likely to limit GM candidates should it be Douglas' time next offseason.

Even with all the bad signings and screw ups I still think he’s decent. That’s how pathetic I am

At the risk of messing up the best defense in the NFL. No. 

Rodgers arm is rested, should realistically give the jets 2 real opportunities to make a run. I do think it's prudent to take a QB even earlier than ppl want and to sit and develop said QB similar to Jordan Love. 

JJ McCarthy and Spencer Rattler are very intriguing and it's the perfect situation to sit and learn. If it works out it would also bring long term stability to the front office and offensive system. 

If those two QBs are there rd 2 I'm running up to the podium

• Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

The only guy right now that makes sense as far as back channel talks would be Reich. He and JD worked together and it would be seen as JD doing his job. Of course, AR has to give his approval. Reich has a hood offensive pedigree and I would think that would make AR ok with it. Doubt very much that Hackett would be a stumbling block here. Reich made the playoffs 3 years with Colts, had offenses that were 8-10 in the league, and had to deal with the whole Luck fiasco. His downfall was being the proponent for Wentz. Also seems to have been adamantly against drafting Young. I don’t think this situation would be too big for him.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

At the risk of messing up the best defense in the NFL. No. 

Rodgers arm is rested, should realistically give the jets 2 real opportunities to make a run. I do think it's prudent to take a QB even earlier than ppl want and to sit and develop said QB similar to Jordan Love. 

JJ McCarthy and Spencer Rattler are very intriguing and it's the perfect situation to sit and learn. If it works out it would also bring long term stability to the front office and offensive system. 

If those two QBs are there rd 2 I'm running up to the podium

and being told to sit down because the Packers have our pick? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don’t put much into this tweet, however this morning on 98.7 Rick DiPietro was hearing the same stuff. His thoughts were that Saleh could be out and Jeff Ulbrich would become the HC. 

What purpose does it serve moving from Saleh to Ulbich?  Keep everything the same and remove the stairstepper?  Why?  To run the same D and O?  What is Ulbrich bringing that Saleh doesn't?  Or would it be Saleh opening his mouth about some of the nonsense that has been going in?  IMO, most things that get Saleh fired for Ulbrich are things I consider a positive in Saleh.

• Upvote 2

Even with all the bad signings and screw ups I still think he’s decent. That’s how pathetic I am