JetNation: 19 years and going strong

And none of this happens without you and your hard work Phil.  
I think everyone agrees that you are Jet Nation and the reason why we’re “The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web”, and are proud to be a part of it.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

And none of this happens without you and your hard work Phil.  
I think everyone agrees that you are Jet Nation and the reason why we’re “The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web”, and are proud to be a part of it.  

I disagree with everything you wrote.  I think all of it happens, even without Phil.

/s

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2024 at 10:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

“Herm Edwards will win a Super Bowl as HC of the Jets”

Should have given him more time. He would have gotten it done. See how much worse it is without him?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I disagree with everything you wrote.  I think all of it happens, even without Phil.

/s

This is off topic, but when we started one of the ideas that we were pitched was the shut the forums down each night when the last moderator logged off. Then start it back up when the first moderator woke up.

We obviously said, um no, but that was 100% an actual idea that someone tried to have us implement.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/18/2024 at 3:48 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Imagine mods being given shifts?  lmao.

”@Smizzy you were the worst-graded mod this month so you’re on graveyard shift.”

HYSTERICAL. Seriously was probably the worst idea I ever heard for this site. Good thing it wasn't implemented.

Smizzy and StormShadow19. Great moments in moderating history.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Best fans in any sport right here 

How many of those attending were actually Jets fans?
I've been to Cowboy games.  They attract a lot of out of towners because Dallas is so easy to get in and out of.

On 2/16/2024 at 7:56 PM, sourceworx said:

Thank you for not selling my email address to a third rate sports blog, @Maxman. I really appreciate it.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:06 AM, southparkcpa said:

Next thing is @Maxman is going to ask us to make sure our E mail addresses are up to date. :)

On 2/18/2024 at 2:01 PM, Maxman said:

Wait, you haven't been doing that already?  :)

I have literally had this "alert" on my account settings for months.

Your email address is blocked in our system because it has rejected too many of our messages. Please change your email to keep your account secure.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2024 at 2:08 PM, Maxman said:

This is off topic, but when we started one of the ideas that we were pitched was the shut the forums down each night when the last moderator logged off. Then start it back up when the first moderator woke up.

We obviously said, um no, but that was 100% an actual idea that someone tried to have us implement.

The 2007/2008 timeline when I had access to both JI and JN mod forums was probably the biggest intelligence blunder by the stoolsprayer. In his haste to put me on double secret probation (moderation), the jackass gave me access to his mod forum.

i post in the JN mod forum and Phil is like “no way, prove it with a screen cam” I supply screen cap and he’s like “get in there!” So I shared my password with sperm and Thor and sneak around in their mod forum late at night and read them talking sh*t about us :rl:  

our mod forum had more activity at 3-4am then the regular board.

then the fake mod forum on April fools and stool signed up and trolled jet mo here. I still chuckle at that. ******* @Sperm Edwards didn’t set his photo bucket account “ji mole” to private 

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2024 at 5:54 PM, BP said:

The 2007/2008 timeline when I had access to both JI and JN mod forums was probably the biggest intelligence blunder by the stoolsprayer. In his haste to put me on double secret probation (moderation), the jackass gave me access to his mod forum.

i post in the JN mod forum and Phil is like “no way, prove it with a screen cam” I supply screen cap and he’s like “get in there!” So I shared my password with sperm and Thor and sneak around in their mod forum late at night and read them talking sh*t about us :rl:  

then the fake mod forum on April fools and stool signed up and trolled jet mo here. I still chuckle at that. ******* @Sperm Edwards didn’t set his photo bucket account “ji mole” to private 

All true, right down to logging in at 3-4 am when we figured no one else would be awake in their mod forum, seeing “Bill Parcells is also here” lol.

I think we selectively posted things they said on the main board here and they were trying to figure out which one of them was a mole.

Though it would’ve been discovered in time, I’m sure, my screwup did end it prematurely. EY randomly discovered the photobucket screen shots somehow and ratted us out. 

I didn’t remember the username on the old photobucket account. JI Mole, lmao.

****edit: was EY not Integrity28; fixed***

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2024 at 4:19 PM, David Harris said:

When did Jetsinsider Scoutgate happen?

Thats when I and the other refugees hopped over

I forget the year but the draft was still at Radio City. I met them at draft time, went in there and people were lining up outside way early I believe.

I am scanning old paper files as we prepare to move. I found the Scout PowerPoint. Their pitch! I never signed the NDA and when ji signed with them I would kind of mention some of the things that scared me about the deal (from my perspective). Turns out I was right I guess.

But -- I am thinking of posting the PowerPoint in its entirety. Could be some good offseason chat, a walk down memory lane.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, BP said:

This might be the single best thing in the JN \ ji beef. Sooth goes to ban @BP but instead he accidently gives him access to the mod forum. We check the site to see who is logged in when. We figured out that West Coast something, who was a mod was in California and he would log off at 3am east coast time.

As BP mentioned it would be recon time then, screen prints galore. @Sperm Edwards @Thor99 it was wild.

Someone who was a mod there at the time told me that one day Sooth sent him a nasty messages. I KNOW YOU ARE TELLING THEM WHAT WE WRITE IN HERE. The mod had no knowledge of this, and had no idea what he was being accused of.

But it was like we had the playbook. Whatever they were talking about we knew, because BP was handed access.

It reminded me of Cheers vs Garys Old Town Tavern lol.

Ironically EY who was not yet posting here, searched google and found the images. Yep they weren't see to private lol. ji used to tell people not to use their search, use google search instead. Because bulletin was falling apart at that point in time.

Great stuff!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

This might be the single best thing in the JN \ ji beef. Sooth goes to ban @BP but instead he accidently gives him access to the mod forum. We check the site to see who is logged in when. We figured out that West Coast something, who was a mod was in California and he would log off at 3am east coast time.

As BP mentioned it would be recon time then, screen prints galore. @Sperm Edwards @Thor99 it was wild.

Someone who was a mod there at the time told me that one day Sooth sent him a nasty messages. I KNOW YOU ARE TELLING THEM WHAT WE WRITE IN HERE. The mod had no knowledge of this, and had no idea what he was being accused of.

But it was like we had the playbook. Whatever they were talking about we knew, because BP was handed access.

It reminded me of Cheers vs Garys Old Town Tavern lol.

Ironically EY who was not yet posting here, searched google and found the images. Yep they weren't see to private lol. ji used to tell people not to use their search, use google search instead. Because bulletin was falling apart at that point in time.

Great stuff!

Just to refresh the memory. @Kate was seduced by my olive oil voice and Russian charm. She didn’t go to 16h to kneel and kiss sooths ring, But instead hung out with me at the Harley JN tailgate/goose Tony siragusa tailgate. That combined tailgate with the goose girls having backpack coolers with mini kegs in them filling our beers was the best. Sooth was furious lol

Anyways, Monday morning (October 2007) after that game if I  noticed when I would try and post it on ji it wouldn’t post and I’d get a notification that my post would have to be reviewed by a moderator  (double secret probation). Savage kept asking me why I don’t post lol and I say I can’t.  After that I scanned the board and I noticed I could see the mod forum. lol 

and fyi it was buzzsaw we had to watch out for lol he hated us :rl:  ftr I actually met him in 2008 in San Diego. Very cool guy irl. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

All true, right down to logging in at 3-4 am when we figured no one else would be awake in their mod forum, seeing “Bill Parcells is also here” lol.

I think we selectively posted things they said on the main board here and they were trying to figure out which one of them was a mole.

Though it would’ve been discovered in time, I’m sure, my screwup did end it prematurely. IIRC @Integrity28 randomly discovered the screen photobucket shots somehow and ratted us out. Then he made a pretty nice football logo for their forum/site. Then he further groomed sooth by picking two caterpillars off his pelt and eating them. Then he got banned there anyway.

I didn’t remember the username on the old photobucket account. JI Mole, lmao.

EY was the one that found it. And it’s ironic that he got banned 8 months later and initiated the second Mariel boat lift flotilla from ji.

That was one of the funniest JN eras for me. 

• Haha 3

wow 19 years!  Congrats Phil and all who do the tough work here

I remember the drama but it's starting to get fuzzy, funny how the importance of things sorts itself out as the years accumulate...

I wish many more happy years here ahead to all

• Upvote 2