Brissett *cough *cough

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

With them going “all in” this year I would try to keep as much of the defense in tact as possible for 2024

We are way too defense heavy.  Plus we're getting closer to the point where we're going to have to start paying that terrific rookie class of 2 years ago.  Trading a DB on the final year of his contract (when we already have Sauce) would be the smart move for the franchise.  We're not going to be able to keep him.  And if we do keep him, we'll end up losing someone else that we need as a result.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

It’s not a crazy thought to trade Reed. There is no way they are gonna re-sign him because he is going to get completely paid in full and the Jets will have to make sauce A 100 million dollar CB shortly after. 

but maybe thats why you keep Reed. Sause might want too much money. i like Sause but thats alot to give to a CB.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

“Read between the lines - Zach is coming back because of pressure from JetBlue. The signs are all there” 

- @Matt39 (probably) 

I think those who think the Jets are going to spend big on a backup will be disappointed. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

It’s not a crazy thought to trade Reed. There is no way they are gonna re-sign him because he is going to get completely paid in full and the Jets will have to make sauce A 100 million dollar CB shortly after. 

Not only would it not be crazy, it would be an extremely smart move.  But it probably won't happen.

Howell fell off after a good to solid start last season. However I’ve seen enough to feel like he can be a good option behind Rodgers for a year or two. He already has starting experience and is young enough with some upside. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

“Read between the lines - Zach is coming back because of pressure from JetBlue. The signs are all there” 

- @Matt39 (probably) 

Can you imagine if you somehow found out that Woody picked Zach because of some financial connection with jet blue. My cynicism would go overboard and I would turn into a nihilist like in the big Lebowski 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2