Brissett *cough *cough

I think brisket would be a good choice.  He’s been around for quite some time, can throw the ball well, has mobility and is young enough so that he might be a decent starter once Rodgers quits.  The only downside I see is that he’s probably go for what might be a two year deal since he probably wants a starters job.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, LockeJET said:

It’s not a crazy thought to trade Reed. There is no way they are gonna re-sign him because he is going to get completely paid in full and the Jets will have to make sauce A 100 million dollar CB shortly after. 

Its also why even though its not a position of need in 2024, they should be drafting a CB in Round 3-4 to add depth for this year and maybe have a future piece in the event Reed gets traded or leaves via FA.  You will need a lower cost guy also opposite Sauce when he gets his next deal

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Zach is not going to be the backup, it’s not happening.

Plus he suck!!! There's no reason to have him on the roster anymore. If there is a miracle shot chance of cultivating his insanely talented gifts into a good starter, this coaching staff ain't the one that is going to pull it off. He needs to go.

58 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think brisket would be a good choice.  He’s been around for quite some time, can throw the ball well, has mobility and is young enough so that he might be a decent starter once Rodgers quits.  The only downside I see is that he’s probably go for what might be a two year deal since he probably wants a starters job.

He's also be a leader everywhere he's been regardless of his role. You want your team with these kinds of players, instead of the hot dog eating, media leaking, refusing to play, missing meetings because you're at the movies, learning the playbook from Madden, can't hit the broadside of a barn QBs we normally have.

• Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

Question for @Sperm Edwards

if you cut someone, say Tomlinson and save 8  million on the cap, but incur 10 million in dead money, do you really create space ?   Seems like a lot of guys have big dead money numbers. 

IMG_8365.jpeg

I believe the cap savings is net.  Mosley would have cost $21mm to be on the roster.  Now he costs $10.4 mm to not be on the roster, but there is an extra $11mm now freed up.  So it is a net positive.  

So, for example, Devin White APY was $7.3mm on his last contract.  If we signed him for $6mm cap hit, we have $4.4mm to spend on a G, and may get a better player.  

58 minutes ago, Larz said:

The jets are a million under the cap. 

they aren’t signing anyone that has options 

I know this view is unpopular, but I don't think the Jets have the money to spend $10mm on Jacoby Brissett.  

But what could be interesting is to bring him in as a back up bridge to hold the fort replacement.  So if he can be a backup at a low cap hit in 2024, his cap hit can be backended for when he is the successor starter to AR8.   We would have a bridge QB while we look for a new one.

But that plan is destined NOT to work because AR8 is not going to tolerate having someone around who wants to take his 2025 spot.  I don't think there is anyway the Jets can afford AR8 in 2025.  

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

I believe the cap savings is net.  Mosley would have cost $21mm to be on the roster.  Now he costs $10.4 mm to not be on the roster, but there is an extra $11mm now freed up.  So it is a net positive.  

So, for example, Devin White APY was $7.3mm on his last contract.  If we signed him for $6mm cap hit, we have $4.4mm to spend on a G, and may get a better player.  

Ahhhhh.  I’m not good with maths 😂

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While I'd love Jacoby Brissett as our QB2, I also hope we trade DJ Reed for hopefully a 2nd rounder (or better!)  We need young OL and WRs more than a DB on the final year of his contract.

Sure.. He'd be ideal as a back-up

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Jimmy G ... 57-24 ... Good example of a guy that doesn't lose games ... Perfect for Saleh 's system

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

any player is no player if they aint on the field

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

I think we could do a lot worse than Jimmy G as a backup. PEDs don't bother me at all

He is an injury prone jag. If we end up needing him he would last 2 games if we are lucky. He's a waste of resources. The last thing this team needs is another injury prone player. 

28 minutes ago, varjet said:

I know this view is unpopular, but I don't think the Jets have the money to spend $10mm on Jacoby Brissett. 

What makes you think he'll cost $10 million?

His last three contracts, all one-year deals, were for $5M, $4.65M and $8M, respectively.

You think he's getting a huge raise to unquestioned-backup-to-Rodgers vs. the "Very Possible he Started Week 1" deal the Commanders gave him last year?

He's likely to take the most money offered sure, but in a city where he'll get a chance to play/start.  Rodgers 2023's Achilles aside, that most likely place isn't likely to be NY as a Jet.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

he refused to play the last few games of last season...what would make anyone think he wants to play here next season....or that anyone here wants him?

People think the Rams want him and they literally have the OC and QB coach that he got fired in successive years. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So the Jets cap is a mess? Awesome.

No it’s not. This is what sustainable success looks like. It works especially well when you panic and put all your chips in only to lose it all in the first year of being all in. Year 2 of this extremely small window looks a lot worse than year 1 would have. It’s a complete disaster. JD did so much harm with literally nothing to show for it. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

he refused to play the last few games of last season...what would make anyone think he wants to play here next season....or that anyone here wants him?

Because it’s the enemy he knows. Comfort spot, can come and go as he pleases, guaranteed money. The Jets are never going to coach him hard. Do you get the impression Wilson wants to dig in on his career and change things? Judging by his offseason routine it doesn’t look like it. 

• More Ugh 1

17 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

While I'd love Jacoby Brissett as our QB2, I also hope we trade DJ Reed for hopefully a 2nd rounder (or better!)  We need young OL and WRs more than a DB on the final year of his contract.

This regime shouldn't be allowed to like a QB. They have failed on every single one they have chosen or brought in. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because it’s the enemy he knows. Comfort spot, can come and go as he pleases, guaranteed money. The Jets are never going to coach him hard. Do you get the impression Wilson wants to dig in on his career and change things? Judging by his offseason routine it doesn’t look like it. 

He hates it here...the money he gets no matter where he goes and he will get less headache, less sctutiny and less media literally anywhere else. I think his orr season routine matters not because it will be the same no matter where he goes. We assume that he is not taking his career seriously but all players take off and vacation during the off season when the last bell is rang for a break. He is no different.

13 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

No it’s not. This is what sustainable success looks like. It works especially well when you panic and put all your chips in only to lose it all in the first year of being all in. Year 2 of this extremely small window looks a lot worse than year 1 would have. It’s a complete disaster. JD did so much harm with literally nothing to show for it. 

If you want to see what a mess looks like, go look at the Saints, Dolphins, Chargers, and Broncos.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

He hates it here...the money he gets no matter where he goes and he will get less headache, less sctutiny and less media literally anywhere else. I think his orr season routine matters not because it will be the same no matter where he goes. We assume that he is not taking his career seriously but all players take off and vacation during the off season when the last bell is rang for a break. He is no different.

Perhaps he does hate it. Does he hate it than more than going to a place even further from Utah? Or with a coach who’s actually going to hold him accountable? I doubt it. He’s calling his own shots with the trade. If he doesn’t like what’s out there, then where do you think he’s going? It’s obvious.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Perhaps he does hate it. Does he hate it than more than going to a place even further from Utah? Or with a coach who’s actually going to hold him accountable? I doubt it. He’s calling his own shots with the trade. If he doesn’t like what’s out there, then where do you think he’s going? It’s obvious.

I 100% think he is shooting for a place that is more tax friendly (I would) and there is someone out there that thinks the perception of the Jets that will give him the benefit of the doubt. He wont be here. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He has no say where he gets traded. Get his fu**ing pussy ass the hell out of here.

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

He has no say where he gets traded. Get his fu**ing pussy ass the hell out of here.

I’ve been on the get him the hell out train for a while. If the Jets actually had this feeling, he would have been gone already. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think you just got @The Crusher's attention:

R.91ef55780e87eccb6d66a45f86c12e00?rik=t

I came here specifically to talk brisket. Thanks guys for setting the tone.

I have to say that Wagyu tallow has changed everything for me. Not just brisket, but food in general. Sous vide a steak to medium rare, then sear it on a really hot cast iron and baste with that tallow. You'll forget the Jets ever even existed.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We are way too defense heavy.  Plus we're getting closer to the point where we're going to have to start paying that terrific rookie class of 2 years ago.  Trading a DB on the final year of his contract (when we already have Sauce) would be the smart move for the franchise.  We're not going to be able to keep him.  And if we do keep him, we'll end up losing someone else that we need as a result.  

Or maybe just restructure one of our better players. Trading Reed is just dumb.