New Dianna Russini hit piece!

2 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

In denial? She should peruse this site before opening her yap.

Reporters like her think they’re the Woodward and Bernstein equivalent of the the NFL.

Please.

You report football .

What Jets reporter doesn’t check this place out? Complete retards if they don’t. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Unruly Jets Fan said:

Dianna is correct.  Many (not all) of the fans get defensive when the team is criticized in this manner.  But the Jets ARE a mess and have been for a while.  And it starts at the top.  

The owner does not have the first clue as to how to run a successful NFL organization.   He listens to the whims and wishes of the fans. That often leads to the splashy, headline grabbing moves. It also leads to woody changing course over and over again with the end result leading to constant turnover and unending hirings and firings.  But you can’t paper over the deficiencies and holes in this organization.   Thats why this team can’t have sustained success.  And thats why many prospective general managers, head coaches and free agents have turned the team down over the years.  It’s for all these reasons that this franchise won’t be built on solid ground until Woody sells the team.   Until then, the chaos will continue.  

what is she right about and who is getting defensive.

She is saying Jets fans are in denial - please show me one - other then maybe Ira in Staten Island and even he has turned that thinks this org has a remote clue what they are doing and have not been a mess for the last 50 years?

The only hope any of us have is that Rodgers is basically going to run the team, stay healthy and somehow get the Jets to the playoffs. I highly doubt anyone here thinks if that happens the coaching staff played a major role. Moreso they were along for the ride. 

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

what is she right about and who is getting defensive.

She is saying Jets fans are in denial - please show me one - other then maybe Ira in Staten Island and even he has turned that thinks this org has a remote clue what they are doing and have not been a mess for the last 50 years?

The only hope any of us have is that Rodgers is basically going to run the team, stay healthy and somehow get the Jets to the playoffs. I highly doubt anyone here thinks if that happens the coaching staff played a major role. Moreso they were along for the ride. 

A lot of Jets fans have given her grief, challenging her story.  That was the genesis of this thread.   She talked about this very thing in her interview.  

I agree that the Jets only shot is to catch lightning in a bottle this season.  And it’s possible-not likely-but possible.  As you said Rodgers has to stay healthy and return to form.   The issue is that, as usual, they are not set up for long term success.  

1 minute ago, Unruly Jets Fan said:

A lot of Jets fans have given her grief, challenging her story.  That was the genesis of this thread.   She talked about this very thing in her interview.  

I agree that the Jets only shot is to catch lightning in a bottle this season.  And it’s possible-not likely-but possible.  As you said Rodgers has to stay healthy and return to form.   The issue is that, as usual, they are not set up for long term success.  

I believe the reason most if not all jets fans challenge her stories is because they are simply not factual 90% of the time

it started last year with the Aaron rodgers list of players which simply was not true and the she doubled diwn because Lazard was signed as a fa and Cobb was signed as well

while of course they are friends and maybe the jets signed them because of familiarity with rodgers, there was not one shred of truth to the so called list

she like many others want to be journalists. That has to be earned and she is not close right now

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

is that supposed to deter anyone over 40? The days of me having standards are long gone.

I'll stretch the legs on any horse for an hour if given the opportunity. 

Fair enough.  Just seemed like an odd choice to say out loud. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Is Diana dedicated to the jets beat? Why is she obsessed with them like their are no other dysfunctional franchises? 

Why do we get these hacks who want to come to NY for a year or 2, build their resume by writing hit pieces about the jets, before moving on to their true dream job? Are we the dues you have to pay? Makes you kinda respect cimini who's been doing this so long without this bullsh*t.

Then she comes after the fans? Like we have any say in what happens within that building. We're delusional??? No, we're beyond critical and realist. We may have been delusional in 2010 but a decade of losing sucks all that out of you, trust me Diana. The only delusion is you actually have 30 trustworthy sources within the jets. 

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Is Diana dedicated to the jets beat? Why is she obsessed with them like their are no other dysfunctional franchises? 

i think its because of NYs large media.

we got big Jet fans who have there own shows like Mike Greenburg, Rich Eisen, Boomer...

ESPN is like a retirement home for ex Jets like Rex, Woody, Bart Scott, Mike Tannenbaum. i think Mark Sanchez works somewhere too..

then you have Rodgers who is a regular on the McAffee show who will not let an attack on him slide.

even if you go to You Tube you got Coles, Cherbert. i even think Mangold has a channel.

think about it. does any other team have as many ex players/coaches/GMs in the media? i dont think its even close.

so maybe she thinks attacking the Jets will make one of these guys go with it and blow it up into a big news story. but none of them did. it lasted one day and they forgot about it or didnt care.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

She can’t even get this one right, lmfao. I haven’t met a Jets fan who is optimistic, doesn’t believe that Saleh, Douglas, both, etc. are dead men walking if sh*t goes south again, myself included.

Someone should tell Dianna that no one is disputing the situation is dire and things need to change fast for the above to not happen.  We can all see that without pretending that Joe Douglas is a meek p*ssy who is pissing or sh*tting his pants in the corner during important meetings, Woody is blowing through all of the ink at 1JD to print out mean tweets, or that Saleh is using the blood of the staff he doesn’t trust to write out the record of HoF head coaches who lost their starting QB, as per “totally not Joe Beningo” on a wall of the meeting rooms while the remaining staff are forced to listen at gunpoint.

The two clowns who wrote that article have, since:

- Claimed Mike Evans wouldn’t sign anywhere, TB included, until he visited with all teams interested.  

He signed with the Bucs a day later.

- Had the team they cover, as a beat reporter, make multiple big name cuts, one of which was actually a surprise…

…but it wasn’t broken by them.  In fact, the beat reporter in question couldn’t even nail a punter or kicker signing in FA last year.  30 f*cking sources for one massive story and we’re supposed to take it at face value when they can’t use any of them to tell us that Laken Tomlinson is getting the axe before the national guys? 

Yeah, no.

Again: the organization is in do or die mode.  Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb just decided to write a cute little erotic fan-fic around it because one of them got their panties in a crusty wad after the Jets/Aaron Rodgers publicly embarrassed her twice, one of which may have played a part in her firing from ESPN because they realized how utterly useless she is.  Then the absolute dumbest (and I mean DUMBEST) of the self-cutting Jets fans ran to white knight for her because they can’t bust a sputtering nut without choking themselves to the idea that, as bad as it ended last year that it can, quite honestly, get better simply by retooling and plugging in a HoF QB.  A HoF QB that is on par with the likes of Peyton Manning, who took Jim f*cking Caldwell to a Super Bowl.  Beyond Rodgers?  Who knows.  The point is if you have a guy like him, you can contend year in and year out.  Period.  End of discussion.

That doesn’t make Saleh a good coach.

That doesn’t make Douglas a GM who is otherworldly.

It means that we won 7 games with the worst QBs in the league, a bad o-line, a running game everyone knew was coming, a hellscape of a schedule, and all of this, supposed, dysfunction.  Don’t tell me that Rodgers wouldn’t have increased that number by a significant margin.  

So please Dianna, spare me the wrinkly faced cackle while telling me that it’s all a hyperbolic doom and gloom sh*t show out of an episode of “Game of Thrones.”

The Jets have to actually win games for this to go away, but they have made it sound like we are a spilled cup of coffee away from flooding the ship, when the reality is that a year from now, these two may be forced by the same editors at this dying publication, who approved this clickbait nonsense so that they could afford to pay the office’s rent for the next month, to write about how the ship was turned around because of the guy that inspired one of them to write multiple hit-pieces.

F*ck.

Hot Damn Tamale Ahab.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

If she had any credibility, she just lost it all. Nobody hates the Jets more than Jets fans. Jets fans hate the Jets more than even she evidently does.

We could remake "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" and call it "Fear and Self-loathing in Florham Park". Drugs are optional.

36 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Diana Russini is owning the Jets and half the fan base this offseason.

She’s getting exactly what she wants from these stories. Attention and reactions.

Well, she doesn't look like this anymore:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5116fead2040f98a1c5756e1cb66d01c.jpg

Gotta get attention somehow, right?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Other than the cavalcade of coaches and personnel execs running for the exits like they’re fleeing a burning petroleum plant, there’s really no evidence that anything is wrong inside the Jets building. More alarmist fake news from the disgraceful media.

This is the thing I don’t get. The call is coming from inside the house but we still have fans who think Dianna Russini is the issue.

• Post of the Week 4

15 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, she doesn't look like this anymore:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.5116fead2040f98a1c5756e1cb66d01c.jpg

Gotta get attention somehow, right?

Damn.
You know what though? An hour with a good makeup artist and hairdresser, she probably wouldn’t be that far off, assuming the chassis is still in that kinda shape. It’s amazing what they can do. 

• Haha 1