*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Finally we addressed the weakness on our team.

Dogass is a genius.

LOL

Fire Joe Douglass

Making random moves like a drunken sailor

Would be one thing if he were signing good players 

Javon Kinlaw sucks 

GM has no clue.

He’s deferring to BS on these acquisitions, Mr PVO who always thinks can “get the best out of” a guy where even the 9ers failed to extract anything significant out of the player.

• Thumb Down 2

6 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Is JD going to sign more players tonight when he gets up for his midnight snack at Krispy Kreme?

I was on the fence for awhile.

Wanted to believe in the GM.

But you were right.

He’s an absolute joke.

1 amazing draft doesn’t make up for all the other swings and misses and nonsensical moves.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Jdeet said:

DJ Reed, Quincy Williams, Tyler Conklin, Justin Hardee, Greg Zuerlein, Thomas Morstead, along with several UDFAs, outstanding trades, and one of the best drafts in NFL history in 2022 and what appears to be a solid draft and UDFAs in 2023, TBD. 

Plus signed or re-signed this year so far - considering our lack of cap room

2024 FA
G John Simpson
QB Tyrod Taylor
DT Javon Kinlaw
CB Isaiah Oliver
DT Leki Fotu
S Chuck Clark
K Greg Zuerlein
P Thomas Morstead (TBA)
TE Kenny Yeboah

Plus will sign an OT and WR and likely re-sign several guys from last years team that are UFAs, after restructure of JFM and/or Mosely. 

But yeah, JD has done nothing. 

I agree, he’s been making moves, but they have been minor in comparison to what fans would expect from a team that hasn’t made PO in 13 years. JD has made a bunch of mistakes his first few years in the Draft and especially FA that have really impacted the team and his ability to make moves. The coaching hire also has proven to be a huge mistake.

He’s dug himself a whole that he needs to get out of. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Blame JD but Woody the clueless football moron sits back allows it to happen. 

I mean what did woody do wrong here? He hired a guy that was universally lauded. Have him 6 years and autonomy to hire his own coach. Allows jd to operate as he sees fit.  Waited patiently for results. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I just woke up….anything happen? I know JD likes to operate at night on his Krispy Kreme run 

🤤 im miss krispy kreme. They move out were i live only dunking donuts ☹️

18 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I have been wrong before.  If he does sign the pos I will switch to the fire JD camp.  Already in the fire RS camp.

Might as well switch to that side now. It’s inevitable. 

15 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

bookmarked for when JD signs Bakhtiari 

15 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

I have been wrong before.  If he does sign the pos I will switch to the fire JD camp.  Already in the fire RS camp.

I may be in minority but i want bakhtiari. Incentive. Laden contract. Because if his surgery went well and we have him at his all pro level we would of struck gold. And if he still suck we can just drop him after season.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, K_O_Brien said:

Good morning everyone. 

Kinlaw is a complete non-factor on the field, even when he’s not injured, which is rare.

On top of this, he acts like a thug.

Threatened Grant Cohn in SF with bodily harm.

Cimini should ask him an insulting question in the way only he can.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

We lost 4 so we didn't have enough. Are you suggesting we didn't need to sign any DT's?

I'm not suggesting anything.  You said "no DT's" which was hyperbolic and incorrect. 

What I would suggest is that we had/have several needs more vital to our success in 2024 and beyond than rotational depth/backup and/or second chance DT's like Kinlaw and Fotu. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Coming off torn ACL in September and $17m cap hit. 5th if anything

Why trade anything?  They are hooped, make them cut these guys.

I don't want either on the contracts they have.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I'm not suggesting anything.  You said "no DT's" which was hyperbolic and incorrect. 

What I would suggest is that we had/have several needs more vital to our success in 2024 and beyond than rotational depth/backup and/or second chance DT's like Kinlaw and Fotu. 

We literally only had Quinnen and Tanzel Smart under contract before those signings. We didn't have DTs.

I'm as eager as anyone to see them tackle WR and OL, but bitching about signing DTs first when it's an objective need is truly odd.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We needed players to fill the DT position. You don't approach FA with the plan being to fill your most needed position before you fill any others. You know this. I'm almost sure of it. The WR and OT market hasn't moved much at all yet. You can't expect Douglas to not address any other positions while he waits for movement on those fronts.

As far as being hyperbolic, at least I didn't write "literally." I'm aware we have a guy name Quinnen Williams that plays DT.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why trade anything?  They are hooped, make them cut these guys.

I don't want either on the contracts they have.

have to think they would re-do the contract, trade takes out the "hope" of them agreeing to come here at least.

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't think "depth/backup" is the correct moniker here. I think "rotational DT" is a better reflection of the situation. I believe we only had two other DTs under contract before yesterday and one of them is Tanzel Smart, who is likely not playing more than both of the new guys. It's possible that Kinlaw gets the 3rd most snaps at DT for us next year - it depends where they decide to play JFM. They seem to prefer to play JFM on the outside (I'd like to see them play him more on the inside), so I'd expect to see a lot of both Kinlaw and Fotu if they are healthy.