Jets sign OL John Simpson

Just now, JETSY14 said:

What about Rodgers bff....Dave Bakhtiari who was released by the Packers.

We need to surround him with more Packer players.  Maybe even sign Arron Jones. 

I’m sure a Bahktiari will be on the team. Like 90% chance. We still need 2 tackles

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m sure a Bahktiari will be on the team. Like 90% chance. We still need 2 tackles

Too bad he played 13 games in the last 3 seasons.  That's what we need!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

looks good I guess? Who knows tho will probably be awful for us 

He looked pretty agile in that clip.  Was pulling very nice and pancaked a few guys there and held up nicely against the pass rush.   So why did the Ravens just let him walk away? 

• Upvote 1

Allowed 1 sack all season. I think that’s adequate. Had a bunch of penalties. He is coming from a very solid line. I would think this is acceptable for a 26 year old interior lineman. 

• Upvote 2

Based on my 5 minutes of Twitter research, Simpson appears to be a different mold that we have targeted before.  Not super quick laterally.  Tested very well in strength type tests.  Seems to be a mauler/mean streak type.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Obviously.  Why not. He's in a no win situation. Was released, coming off surgeries/injuries. Who's gonna pay him anything?  His best bet is to play with Rodgers on a year to year incentive based contract and see how he holds up.  Really got nothing to lose here. 

• Upvote 3