Anyone else completely NOT on board?

QUITE right - I'm not sure how to QUITE anything.
Being serious - i don't get the defensive signings - but i am willing to believe there is a plan at this point. We wont no until after the draft. They add a WR in FA and then draft OL or Bowers with the majority of the picks ... all of the sudden things are not looking so bleak.

I agree. Hopefully the plan includes trading or cutting Mosley.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets have missed the playoffs for the last 13 years 
The question isn't who isn't on board it's why do we do this to ourselves every damn season 
Here's a crazy idea let's watch the Jets become a good team before we believe in them. 
People call opinions like this being a doomer or a troll but really what are we getting our hopes up for? 
It's not a roulette wheel they aren't just going to get lucky and win a 1 out of 32 spin to win the Super bowl 

roulette wheels have 33 or 34 spaces on them.

4 minutes ago, GKnight83 said:

roulette wheels have 33 or 34 spaces on them.

yes I meant imagine one with 32 places one for each team in the NFL 

it's not like the Jets have a 1/32 chance just because it's a new spin 

more realistically they are like 1/100 and teams like KCC are 6/32 

side note roulette wheels actually go 1-36 with 0 and 00 to make 38 

• Post of the Week 1

Can't say I've been overly supportive or in agreement with many/most of the moves JD and the Jets have made since the start of the "Rodgers Era", no.  It's not what I'd have done, for the insignificant amount that statement is worth, lol.

I'd have fired the lot (JD, Saleh, Rodgers too) this offseason.  Their record and failures to-date gives me no basis for belief that they're a Super Bowl GM, Head Coach or QB (at this point).

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When I first posted on these boards in the early 00s, I'll admit, I thought I could do a better job running this team

Now I think we're at the point where any decent Madden player aged 14 or up could do a better job running this team 

A bowl of six sided dice could do a better job running this team. The magic 8 ball would do a better job. 

I hear you saying "Oh Bitonti, you're such a kidder, what overstatement, what hyperbole"

but kids aren't dumb. You know what a Madden franchise player won't do? Trade a first, a second, 100 mil salary plus Lazard and 5 other bums on the roster for Aaron Rodgers in his 19th season 

that trade was ridiculous when it happened and, unless everything breaks just right in 2024, it's going down as the worst in franchise history 

I am convinced the people who run the Jets see Woody as someone they can do the bare minimum for and get paid handsomely. It can’t be this bad for this long without that being the case. Mangini and even Rex were outliers. Hell Herm was in over his head but at least it meant something to him. It’s just continued to tread further and further down hill. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

When I first posted on these boards in the early 00s, I'll admit, I thought I could do a better job running this team

Now I think we're at the point where any decent Madden player aged 14 or up could do a better job running this team 

A bowl of six sided dice could do a better job running this team. The magic 8 ball would do a better job. 

I hear you saying "Oh Bitonti, you're such a kidder, what overstatement, what hyperbole"

but kids aren't dumb. You know what a Madden franchise player won't do? Trade a first, a second, 100 mil salary plus Lazard and 5 other bums on the roster for Aaron Rodgers in his 19th season 

that trade was ridiculous when it happened and, unless everything breaks just right in 2024, it's going down as the worst in franchise history 

Did you stroke out again?

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I have said multiple times over the last 3 decades that a mildly inebriated fan with a Mel Kiper Draft Guide would have gotten better results than most of the Jets drafts since 1990. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I am convinced the people who run the Jets see Woody as someone they can do the bare minimum for and get paid handsomely. It can’t be this bad for this long without that being the case. Mangini and even Rex were outliers. Hell Herm was in over his head but at least it meant something to him. It’s just continued to tread further and further down hill. 

Super easy work that pays great is hard to find....

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

I have said multiple times over the last 3 decades that a mildly inebriated fan with a Mel Kiper Draft Guide would have gotten better results than most of the Jets drafts since 1990. 

does the fan have to be human? 
a mildly drunk monkey throwing a set of darts would make better draft picks 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Super easy work that pays great is hard to find....

The coach wasn’t even expected to go to the combine. The OC reportedly was working 18 hour weeks IN season lol. The older fans ( and I’m not even that old) seem to be more bothered by this stuff as we’ve seen more losing. Anyways, it doesn’t appear to be improving at all.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You said you don't like going all in for one season but they never did that. They signed Rodgers and then aside from adding his low cost super friends they went along business as usual. And they appear to be doing the same this offseason.

That's what I hate. If you're going to make the big move to go after Rodgers go all the way and build the team up around him for the time he's here. Instead JD is going to hold steady and refuse to over pay in free agency unless Rodgers gives the green light.

Just a mind boggling stupid waste of potential. I hate the Jets.

It just Always feels like a broken down Mom & Pop operation going on almost Half a Century now, doesn’t matter the new names put in the Front Office and coaching staffs.

There always is the feel of “not too bright” cousins who are on the payroll because of who their uncle is.

Rich Kotite “alright everybody line up for the National Anthem….Low to the High…Low to the High”.

The owner will never hire a real HC like Parcells, and even if he does that type of high quality would never even want to work for the guy, so all you get over and over again are the recycled Same results with different names.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The coach wasn’t even expected to go to the combine. The OC reportedly was working 18 hour weeks IN season lol. The older fans ( and I’m not even that old) seem to be more bothered by this stuff as we’ve seen more losing. Anyways, it doesn’t appear to be improving at all.

I heard it was actually 0 hours per week and the Jets were fooled into thinking it was 18 hours per week by a cardboard cutout.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Some of you folks worry too much.  It’s not even baseball season yet. 

the wins and losses that happen in November and December are the result of decisions made in March and April 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

When does our next 5 year plan start ?

Come on. You've got to give at least 7 or 8 years to finish any 5-year plan. Maybe more in this case because...  you know...  Jets.

• Haha 1

This team is run by a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots.

The GM is 27-56 and is still going with his “high upside low cost” approach.

You would think this 300 IQ chimp would alter this approach but nope he’s using it for now the 5th straight season.

And now we have to spend the next 3 months arguing with koolaide drinkers about the “upside” of all our FA signings

🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Come on. You've got to give at least 7 or 8 years to finish any 5-year plan. Maybe more in this case because...  you know...  Jets.

The "Great Leap Forward" is almost complete. The next 5 Year plan will result in great success!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This team is run by a bunch of knuckle dragging idiots.

The GM is 27-56 and is still going with his “high upside low cost” approach.

You would think this 300 IQ chimp would alter this approach but nope he’s using it for now the 5th straight season.

And now we have to spend the next 3 months arguing with koolaide drinkers about the “upside” of all our FA signings

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Collaborate Planet Of The Apes GIF

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

January 2025 when we clean house.

but really a six year plan because Rodgers will have a 60 mil dead cap number and that's not fair to judge a new GM by so really 2026 or 2027 until the team turns around