Anyone else completely NOT on board?

Just now, JohnnyLV said:

I have to say that I don't agree with a single thing this team is doing.

The Rodgers trade was idiotic.

Saleh and JD are incompetent and should have been fired.

Going all in for a single season is ludicrous.

Signing Hackett and keeping him is mind boggling.

The Rodgers trade shackled us with a nice cadre of useless players.

Now in free agency, it is clear that literally nothing has changed, We are still just bringing in more guys from Seattle, SF and the Ravens that likely Saleh "is familiar with"

We are still focused on defense and filling out Saleh's ridiculous "rotation"

We made no attempt to keep our best pash rusher and a truly disruptive player.

I am not on board AT ALL with taking OT at 10 unless that player is clearly BPA

We desperately need a developmental QB

Seems pretty obvious to me that this team is going no where even with Rodgers.

And we will fire JD and Saleh a year late, have no money, and probably just bring in another offense allergic defensive coordinator as head coach.

Truly my lowest point as a Jets fan. I think it will be at least 2026 before we have a chance at being competitive.

Right now, this team is worse than the team we had last year.

I wish I could quite this team but I can't.

They're not, just look at the players that they brought in so far...

But i get you, nothing seems right with this team right now

1 minute ago, JohnnyLV said:

Now in free agency, it is clear that literally nothing has changed, We are still just bringing in more guys from Seattle, SF and the Ravens that likely Saleh "is familiar with"

And we will fire JD and Saleh a year late, have no money, and probably just bring in another offense allergic defensive coordinator as head coach.

Truly my lowest point as a Jets fan. I think it will be at least 2026 before we have a chance at being competitive.

LOL ffs

tumblr_73b684c094207c83924abb0062ee85ba_

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Can't say I disagree with your points above.  Based on how 2023 backfired, I get the sinking feeling that 2024 was over before it started given the holes on the team along with the amount of money already committed.  Not sure there's enough resources to overcome the risks they took this time last year.  Might be another full year before they can recoup salary and re-stocking with draft picks and some key FA's.

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I mean at this point I think you need to try and have a positive outlook.  Our stating QB got hurt 4 plays in so you would think things would be better just in that regard.  

I think that is at the core of my issue. The Jets are acting like AR suddenly fixes everything. I don't buy it because we are fundamentally a poorly run franchise with bad coaching. Yes the defense is good, but I believe that a different DC would get even more out of this team. We have the best corners in football which would allow us to be aggressive on defense but we are one of the most passive defenses in the NFL. On top of that we refuse to put Sauce on the best receiver and losing Huff is a bigger blow that I think the Jets think.

If AR was playing last year, teams would have approached us differently and also took us more seriously which means some of the super lucky wins we had become losses and maybe AR wins a couple we didn't but even with AR this team led by incompetent staff like JD and Saleh probably wins about the same number of games.

• Upvote 2

QUITE right - I'm not sure how to QUITE anything.

Being serious - i don't get the defensive signings - but i am willing to believe there is a plan at this point. We wont no until after the draft. They add a WR in FA and then draft OL or Bowers with the majority of the picks ... all of the sudden things are not looking so bleak.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

QUITE right - I'm not sure how to QUITE anything.

Being serious - i don't get the defensive signings - but i am willing to believe there is a plan at this point. We wont no until after the draft. They add a WR in FA and then draft OL or Bowers with the majority of the picks ... all of the sudden things are not looking so bleak.

4 DT's became free agents. Hard to field a defense without replacements. Hope that helps 👍

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Quit right!

12 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

You could break the board searching for how many times people said over the last year that a competent backup QB would have got the team to the playoffs. Douglas just signed Tyrod Taylor so you should be ecstatic that the Jets are a lock for the playoffs. 

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You said you don't like going all in for one season but they never did that. They signed Rodgers and then aside from adding his low cost super friends they went along business as usual. And they appear to be doing the same this offseason.

That's what I hate. If you're going to make the big move to go after Rodgers go all the way and build the team up around him for the time he's here. Instead JD is going to hold steady and refuse to over pay in free agency unless Rodgers gives the green light.

Just a mind boggling stupid waste of potential. I hate the Jets.

Agree with this.  The big move was made with Rodger’s and JD is just going to nickel and dime to fill holes.  There’s only a small window with this group.  Need to take advantage of it now.

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I think this is a first.

I agree with Johnny.

This is a complete f—ing mess.

I see something like a 9-8 season incoming with the potential for it to go completely off the rails if mercurial Rodgers grows unhappy / tired / disenchanted / whatever.

I agree but that would be the first winning season since I could no longer see my toes when I look down. Not too shabby,. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

8-9 with a really good defense is coming folks 

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

29 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

have to say that I don't agree with a single thing this team is doing.

JD is filling in pieces. Got a good back up QB - got an upgrade in guard. Got a big DT to replace Woods. Resigned safety Clark. more to come.

Rodgers deal was a risk and one worth taking since we didnt have a QB to go along with a very good defense which is why he came here in first place.

Their record is not good. Agreed. But the defense has really improved and just need a few missing pieces on offense. 

They didnt. Rodgers has stated he is open to playing a few more years.

Thats Rodgers personal OC so it isnt.

Its not like 10 guys came over.  And Cobb is more than likely gone. So this is over dramatic.

Cry me a river.

Seems to be working. We have a top rated defense.

He wanted out.  O U T . As in, I want to leave. 

Thats all subjective as to who is BPA.  Nothing wrong with taken BPA in position of need. 

Stay tuned. 2024 Draft is coming up or havent you heard.

Uhhh whatever.

The money is like a bottomless pit. Theres always money in the NFL.

Then you havent been a Jets fan for long.

Its not even fisnished yet.  We have FA and the draft to go and possily a trade here and there.  Easy does it dude.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Some good points but I don’t agree that bringing in Rodgers was wrong.  I’m guessing the jets were pretty set on Zach not being ready and they needed a qb.  They are also facing a finite window to control the contracts of players like qwilson, sauce, hall, Johnson.  So hey needed to try and make some strides last season. Unfortunately it all went up in smoke after four plays.  And then the oline started falling apart due to injury not to mention them not putting siemien in earlier.  Zach tried but was getting beat up each week not to mention poor showings by guys like Lazard and cook. As for bringing Rodgers in above other guys, I don’t see where any of the others had stellar seasons or would’ve done much better as things turned out.

48 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

itysl-i-think-you-should-leave.gif

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

So what would be your plan at this point? They’ve already traded for Rodgers, who agreed to join Saleh and JD. You getting his input for the head coach? Because another one of your line items could quite likely be his #1 option. But seriously, what’s the plan? Who do you have taking this job? Were you going to convince Jim Harbaugh that Rodgers and the Jets is a better option than Herbert and the Chargers? Maybe bring in Belichick and McDaniels to fix things up? They’re available. I get that, “everything sucks, **** everybody,” makes for a super fun thing to say, but what better candidates are you attracting to this job? We’ve got Woody Johnson on this hand, Aaron Rodgers over here, not to mention a positive, team-friendly media following along with a generally cheerful fanbase… ? Plus, neither the weather nor the tax rate suck too bad! 

I’m not thrilled with what’s going on, either. Just pointing out that things suck is still no solution. 

• Upvote 3

The Jets have missed the playoffs for the last 13 years 

The question isn't who isn't on board it's why do we do this to ourselves every damn season 

Here's a crazy idea let's watch the Jets become a good team before we believe in them. 

People call opinions like this being a doomer or a troll but really what are we getting our hopes up for? 

It's not a roulette wheel they aren't just going to get lucky and win a 1 out of 32 spin to win the Super bowl 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The Jets have missed the playoffs for the last 13 years 

The question isn't who isn't on board it's why do we do this to ourselves every damn season 

Here's a crazy idea let's watch the Jets become a good team before we believe in them. 

People call opinions like this being a doomer or a troll but really what are we getting our hopes up for? 

It's not a roulette wheel they aren't just going to get lucky and win a 1 out of 32 spin to win the Super bowl 

Pretty much. The process appears to be the same, with the caveat of letting a good pass rusher leave (generally they don’t have any to leave). They’re banking on Rodgers saving and covering up for everything. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

I wish I had a valid argument against this.....

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Where'd you get this idea from? They started having extension talks in the beginning of November.

The problem is Huff didn't want to be here anymore because he wasn't starting here. He said so on camera from the locker room after the last game. He bet on himself that he'd be able to get to a better situation - even aside from the money - and wasn't going to cut his own balls off to be nice to Joe Douglas (let alone Saleh, who wouldn't start him even after Lawson's injury) who drafted 1st rounders at edge in back to back drafts in round 1.

The only way to keep him was to tag him at a figure ($21MM) some 24% higher than the $17MM he got - and saying $17MM includes incentives added in as though they're guarantees - as a free agent. No one was trading picks to make ~$20MM/year the base rate of a contract extension. Also he'd be pissed off at the team if he got tagged, would probably hold out all summer like most do when they get tagged against their wills, and then they'd still just lose him a year later anyway. In the meantime I think they have to carry his $21MM cap charge whether he signs it right away - which is unlikely - or holds out until September (i.e. you have to have enough cap space to account for the player signing it, so I think this is right, but am not sure).