Jets sign Tyron Smith

JD needing a starting LT in a win now year puts out an low ball offer with incentives for the best LT on the market totally not expecting the player to accept and ends up getting lucky. We were owed some good luck I guess. I'm stoked we got Tyron - thought he should have been our #1 priority. Still doesn't appear JD is playing this like it's a win now season. 

Now make the big hairy balls move and trade up to 4 if MHJ falls.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

My gut says we are going to sign either Mike Williams or obj next then we have the flexibility to draft the best offensive player who drops to us at ten. I don't think this means we don't take an offensive tackle there if one of the top guys fall it just gives us flexibility to draft something else if they don't instead of needing to reach for a less talented prospect.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm headed to Sicily at the end of April. I'll see if I can find some pineapple topped pizza 😅

Are you going there to deliver a message?  If so, then I've completely have changed my mind on ZW, and now agree with you that he stinks.  Lol

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

I'm headed to Sicily at the end of April. I'll see if I can find some pineapple topped pizza 😅

Be careful,  I'd rather find pineapple on my pizza than a horse head in my bed.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t understand why you have a problem with Bowers at #10 but taking him at #12 or #13 would be just fine.

People are way too wrapped up in this “TE isn’t a premium position” jargon.

I’m assuming most are fans of what has transpired in FA, especially over the last couple of days. The OL has been fortified, the Jets retained Zuerlein and Morstead, bolstered or at least maintained the interior DL, etc.

Now let’s assume we land a wideout like Mike Williams opposite Wilson.

Then I tell you to cap it off, we’re going to add George f*cking Kittle to the mix at #10.

Who says no to that?

Bowers is extremely talented but drafting a TE in the top 10 seldomly works. I’m also over hearing about the OL being complete. We said the same thing last year about the receivers and what happened? Lazard blows cock, CD retired, Hardman got beat by an UDFA. If we can move back 4-6 slots and take him, I will be okay with that because we can then draft OL in the 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JD needing a starting LT in a win now year puts out an low ball offer with incentives for the best LT on the market totally not expecting the player to accept and ends up getting lucky. We were owed some good luck I guess. I'm stoked we got Tyron - thought he should have been our #1 priority. Still doesn't appear JD is playing this like it's a win now season. 

Dude really, I spend a month there and forgetaboutit.... pizza is think and  good... enjoy

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I’m heading to Athens and a few of the islands in April… I’ll check on their pizza & Gyros and Slovaki.

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

the pizza I tried in Rome was trash.

Agrred. 

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That’s one way to look at it, another is Tyron wants to win a SB and the Jets will give him the best opportunity while getting attainable incentives.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

That’s one way to look at it, another is Tyron wants to win a SB and the Jets will give him the best opportunity while getting attainable incentives.

I think both can be true. I wonder WTF the Chiefs and Cowboys were offering.

It was reported that JD didn't expect to land him with the offer he made. I'm not just making it up.

• Upvote 2

On 3/15/2024 at 9:41 PM, Untouchable said:

McDonald was part of a rotation for a team that likes to rotate it’s DL more than anyone in the league.

It’s not like someone like Fashanu or Fuaga is going to get many if any snaps, barring injury.

It's like we all didn't just watch "barring injury" bite us in the ass last year. 

If we draft a tackle at 10 and he doesn't need to play a snap that would be amazing - it means Moses and Smith played every game. But the last thing we want is to have to start Carter Warren at LT in a meaningful game. 

14 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think both can be true. I wonder WTF the Chiefs and Cowboys were offering.

It was reported that JD didn't expect to land him with the offer he made. I'm not just making it up.

Is Florio your source?

26 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Is Florio your source?

I read it in a few places after the signing but I think Florio may have been the source? Not sure. He was definitely reporting it. The guy has sources and is a credible reporter who's been around over 2 decades.

Does it really sound far fetched to you that Joe Douglas would put out a "due diligence" offer? How many times has he "been in on" a guy at a position of need only to miss out? It happened as recent as Keenan Allen. Let's choose to believe the media is making it up and risking their credibility for no apparent reason instead.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Claymation said:

If Aaron stays healthy we are going to be on Sunday night prime time a lot next season and Tyron will be auditioning for his next payday in front of a national audience.  Smart business move by him

15 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

It's like we all didn't just watch "barring injury" bite us in the ass last year. 

If we draft a tackle at 10 and he doesn't need to play a snap that would be amazing - it means Moses and Smith played every game. But the last thing we want is to have to start Carter Warren at LT in a meaningful game. 

We’re not drafting a OT

Great signing.  The jets have won the spring for about ten seasons in a row.  Only kidding.  Smith should be a really great addition.  He’ll solidify the left side and with their greater reliance on gap blocking, breece should have an easier time of finding holes.  Of course it also helps Rodgers protection.  The downsides are he’s 33 and has almost never played a full season.  If the jets get 12-15 games of solid play then they’ll have done very well.  They still need to find the player to backup smith.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If Aaron stays healthy we are going to be on Sunday night prime time a lot next season and Tyron will be auditioning for his next payday in front of a national audience.  Smart business move by him

If Teams/GMs don’t know how good Tyron Smith is then maybe, just maybe they should look for a new career path.

• Haha 1

So anyone know about the Twitter guy Tony Vegas ? He claims to be an insider and he did call Tyron Smith the day before it happened. He claims that the Williams visit is a physical and if he passes he’s signing.  

I can’t put the tweet here too many bad words lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

If Teams/GMs don’t know how good Tyron Smith is then maybe, just maybe they should look for a new career path.

I wonder, if the Chiefs or Jags swoop in with 1/$15mm cash, if Smith would take that and run

On 3/16/2024 at 2:34 PM, Ghost said:

Bowers is extremely talented but drafting a TE in the top 10 seldomly works. I’m also over hearing about the OL being complete. We said the same thing last year about the receivers and what happened? Lazard blows cock, CD retired, Hardman got beat by an UDFA. If we can move back 4-6 slots and take him, I will be okay with that because we can then draft OL in the 2nd. 

I’m a little concerned about bowers size.  The stuff he does in college barreling over linebackers isn’t going to happen in the nfl where the players are bigger and faster.  He will continue to drag defensive backs tho.  I think he’ll be good I just don’t know if he will be elite unless he puts on some more weight problem is that could cause him to lose speed

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I’m a little concerned about bowers size.  The stuff he does in college barreling over linebackers isn’t going to happen in the nfl where the players are bigger and faster.  He will continue to drag defensive backs tho.  I think he’ll be good I just don’t know if he will be elite unless he puts on some more weight problem is that could cause him to lose speed

Did you ever see the picture of him next to Gronk? It’s actually concerning although I know Gronk is massive (pause). 

IMG_6938.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Did you ever see the picture of him next to Gronk? It’s actually concerning although I know Gronk is massive (pause). 

IMG_6938.jpeg

Gronk is 6’6 270 and Bowers measured in at 6’3 243.

Seems about right to me