Jets sign Tyron Smith

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

At least provide the link, fella.

Expected? Thus is about where smith suddenly tweets that he is going back to Dallas and that after contemplating his initial decision to sign with the jets he suddenly got physically ill at the thought of it and ran back to Dallas begging them to take him back

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This O line has suffered lots of injuries, and our big get is a guy who has missed half his games in the past 4 seasons.

Hopefully he stays healthy but seems like a lot of money for a guy who has tons of potential to not work out 

Not sure why people here think signing a 33 year old oft injured guy means we shouldn't draft OL early. 

The guy is a STUD when healthy.  That’s a starting point for optimism.

But it’s not a slam dunk because of the injury concerns.

Unlike Bakhtiari though, he doesn’t have a chronic injury but rather has missed games for a number of reasons.

All said, the Jets need a reliable swing tackle (not sure Warren is ready) or need to feel comfortable moving AVT back to tackle assuming Smith misses a few games. 

Personally, I think they sign another veteran OT rather than going the draft route.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

To hell with trading down

The Jets have solidified the OL and they could have arguably the top offensive playmaker in the draft staring them in the face.

Aaron Rodgers behind a vastly improved OL with Garrett, Breece, Mike Williams and Bowers at the skill positions?

Don’t overthink sh*t. Just take him.

I hear what you are saying, but we have an opportunity to get 2 impact players. Would rather that, than a gamble on a small TE who was good in college. Can get a young OT and WR, positions we need. Odunze yes. Otherwise trade down. 

Just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Expected? Thus is about where smith suddenly tweets that he is going back to Dallas and that after contemplating his initial decision to sign with the jets he suddenly got physically ill at the thought of it and ran back to Dallas begging them to take him back

Yeah I thought the same thing. Until he actually signs the contract, we all hold our breath. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

max von sydow priest GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

If Alt falls You RUN to the podium .... build for Today & Tomorrow. 

This would be smart considering you have 2 aged bookends and Alt could fill in if needed at either RT or LT. Also, Tyron may just retire the following year. 

• Upvote 1

I think JD believes that a WR can fall to 10 and the OT are good below that into Rd 2 for trade down.  It is clear he did not want to use 10 for a RT. 

A trade down would be best.  We need a WR in the first round.   

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, trade back and get a 2nd rounder out of it, yes?

Heavily dependent on what they do at WR in the coming days I think. If you land a Mike Williams type, you are in a great position to do that. If not, after today’s movement I think you’re almost guaranteed to see one of the big 3 receivers drop to 10 barring someone jumping to 8 or 9 (which is a definite possibility). In which case, I don’t see how you can pass on the receiver.

3 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

They're going to draft a ot on day 2. ( The wr talent at ten is nuts) ...A guard in the middle rounds. Wouldn't be shocked if they sign Bakhitari as insurance for Smith also 

Btw I thought players hate the jets and won't sign here... nonsense from Florio 

And others who will tell you these crazy things. Truth is people want to play and be paid on a well run team. Joe runs the team well despite the injury bug. New Year and these FA moves were much needed. Great job by Joe

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I think we should extend some players to create more space. DJ Reed and Michael Carter should receive long-term contracts. Lock up that trio for years. 

Carter should be off the team he is the Braxton berrios of the rb position 

• WTF? 3

56 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The first smart FA signing of the JD era. (Only took 5 years lol)

DJ Reed, Conklin, Jordan whitehead, t moorestad, Greg the leg, some of the big dudes on the DL… 

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I think we should extend some players to create more space. DJ Reed and Michael Carter should receive long-term contracts. Lock up that trio for years. 

What's your account number so that I can start the process on wiring them the funds on this extension. 

• Haha 1