Jets sign Tyron Smith

17 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

What a smart gm would do. 1 who is looking at what is best for jets future too. But most likely will be gone anyway. Bowers or Rome at WR. Aaron does need another weapon besides G Wilson.

That's why if the Top LT in the draft is somehow still on the board You Grab Him. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Smashmouth said:

So now the question becomes do you put all your eggs in the Tyron Smith / Warren Basket ?  Do you still draft a LT if Alt or Fashanu are available ? OR do you grab the best available WR ?? If we go with Tyron./Warren do you move up and get a stud WR in Odunze We now have options and that's a place we always seem to be in with JD he certainly gives himself options. 

I think this will be a tough call 

I think if you can still sign a Mike Williams or Tyler Boyd then you still draft a LT if available trade down if not Alt or Fashanu aren’t there.

If you can support the WR corps in free agency or trade then you better damn sure take the best pass catcher at 10.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Our top 15 pick last yr road the bench all year.. But I don’t think JD will put that much stock in OL now.. 

McDonald was part of a rotation for a team that likes to rotate it’s DL more than anyone in the league.

It’s not like someone like Fashanu or Fuaga is going to get many if any snaps, barring injury.

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It’s Mr  Vice President, bitches! 

#20 will get over 1,500 yards rushing next year. 

I’ll still draft the best LT prospect. Everyone’s acting like injuries is not a real thing. Draft someone and let him learn from a future hall of famer. 

Carter Warren.

3rd round and below is where you draft the "groom this guy behind a HOFer" prospects.  MAYBE in the 2nd if you have very few needs.  Not 10th overall.  

We still have a MASSIVE need for a second weapon and a pick that could solve that easily.  Spending it instead on a backup tackle would be criminal.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

What exactly were Smiths injuries that caused him to miss games ? Was it the same chronic injury cause thats concerning also was it upper or lower body 

I believe he had back problems a couple years ago. 

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's why if the Top LT in the draft in somehow still on the board You Grab Him. 

what's funny is we might have weapons at WR we don't even know we have since our QB was so damn bad how could you tell ? I love Brownlee I think he's going to be a really good slot WR plus we have to see how Gipson develops I think they may be interchangeable in the slot still Lazard needs to go and I do not want Davis back to 2nd WR is a need Mike Williams or a pick at 10

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I think we’re gonna trade down

The thing is, if they do, they will more than likely have to reach with the possible 2nd rounder they get. The board is very funny in middle of round 2.

4 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Carter Warren.

3rd round and below is where you draft the "groom this guy behind a HOFer" prospects.  MAYBE in the 2nd if you have very few needs.  Not 10th overall.  

We still have a MASSIVE need for a second weapon and a pick that could solve that easily.  Spending it instead on a backup tackle would be criminal.  

Man that guy has slow feet. I don’t know what it is with him. 

23 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ok I think this is a good signing .... Like most here do ...I'm taking all your names so when you blame Joe Douglas if the guy gets hurt I'm punching you all in the face.

my guess is you will be punching faces by tomorrow when some team trades a 4th and a 5th for some guy people want.

why didnt we do that??? thats what a good GM would do....i hate JD.....lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

To me, it just shows that Douglas is pretty good at his job, and the real problem at 1JD needs to start collecting new slogans for his T-shirt collection.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Would this possibly work? 

Jets trade:

#10, 2025 2nd round pick, 2024 5th round pick 

Bengals trade:

#18, Higgins 

Thats too much. AJ brown was traded for #18 and a 3rd. That should be a pretty close comp with the huge contract Higgins would also need to get. 10th pick is worth #14-#16 and a mid second rounder. #10 would be more than enough. 

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, Pac said:

They definitely needed something like this to rid themselves of the stink of the last couple days.

Revenge Tour back on. 

Well in 3 days, they filled 3 starting offensive line spots. I would think you need to look at the totality and not the process. This was obviously their goal, all along, and are happy they were patient. They could have signed Big Bak as soon as he was waived. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2