Connor Rogers- No one's fu*king with this offensive line, Luvs Brian Thomas

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Steve Pallazzollo (PFF) has it that Brian Thomas has some not grear off the field issues

I’d rather grab a 2nd in a trade down and grab his teammate Adoni Mitchell personally.

*Edit not his teammate I was confused with Worthy when I wrote the post.*

• Upvote 2

At this point i think the jets are all in on a big time wr.  I think they’re not touching bowers, that would be the final nail in jd’s coffin.  They need a wr who stretches the field and i think they’re taking the best of the top 4.  Wouldn’t it be soemthing if all 4 went before the jets picked along with 4 qbs.  But i still don’t think they’d take bowers.  I think they’d trade back.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You guys keep saying you either want, or think this will happen but none of you ever say who would want to move up to 10, who they’d want to get, or what they would give up.

There’s nobody there you guys are too excited about, but you think other teams will be lining up to grab our spot. It makes no sense.

The scenario where #10 becomes appealing is if some team falls in love with one of the corners or DE types and wants to have their pick of the defensive crop.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The scenario where #10 becomes appealing is if some team falls in love with one of the corners or DE types and wants to have their pick of the defensive crop.

I don’t know the guys other than the top 10 names we keep talking about as well as a lot of you do, so I’ll take your word for it with this one.

I’m kind of ambivalent about moving back though. I’d rather go up if we decide to make a trade, but that’s the gambler in me talking.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t know the guys other than the top 10 names we keep talking about as well as a lot of you do, so I’ll take your word for it with this one.

I’m kind of ambivalent about moving back though. I’d rather go up if we decide to make a trade, but that’s the gambler in me talking.

Same. I’d rather try to go up for one of the receivers, but those picks are going to be pricey if/when Denver and Minnesota try to get up to 5 for McCarthy. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Same. I’d rather try to go up for one of the receivers, but those picks are going to be pricey if/when Denver and Minnesota try to get up to 5 for McCarthy. 

It’s so crazy how much these teams value QBs. I like McCarthy, but when they won the title in January I’d have been surprised to hear he was going top 15. Now we’re hearing he will be gone no later than 6 to NYG.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

IF everyone is healthy date I say top 5 OL?

How many games do you think they’ll get out of the new LT? Over 10?

There are a lot of things that could go wrong here starting with the OL coach, age, all of them jelling together and as you said, health. I’d take top  10-15 and be happy.

• Upvote 1

One thing this signing really shows us is that AR8 actually does have some clout (that would make a guy of Tyron Smith's caliber agree to join us).  That, plus players must believe in this franchise more than we realize (since Tyron obviously wasn't just joining AR8 when he signed here).

That's actually a really nice thing to see. 

• Upvote 4

I think 4 QBs go before our pick. Who would someone be trading up for that they feel would be threatened by a team behind us? Maybe a CB or defensive player?

Maybe the Eagles come up from 22 but that's a far fall. Gut feeling we make the pick at 10.

If it were me, I'd take best OL and trade up into the 2md for Xavier Legette

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bengal's newest mock has us moving up to 8.  If ATL wants one of the top edge rushers that might be a move they'd be willing to make.  Only has us paying a 4th+, which honestly sounds about right.  This way you jump Chicago and it's a near lock that one of the top-3 WRs will be there:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Bengal's newest mock has us moving up to 8.  If ATL wants one of the top edge rushers that might be a move they'd be willing to make.  Only has us paying a 4th+, which honestly sounds about right.  This way you jump Chicago and it's a near lock that one of the top-3 WRs will be there:

This guy looks like he’s 17yo for goodness sake! He should be worrying about getting a Prom date rather than mocking the draft.

7 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think 4 QBs go before our pick. Who would someone be trading up for that they feel would be threatened by a team behind us? Maybe a CB or defensive player?

Maybe the Eagles come up from 22 but that's a far fall. Gut feeling we make the pick at 10.

If it were me, I'd take best OL and trade up into the 2md for Xavier Legette

I don't think teams are trading up to 1.10, unless it's for a QB.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

How many games do you think they’ll get out of the new LT? Over 10?

With Rodgers having a lock on the importing of Ayahuasca, anything is possible! All the older vets get a new lease on life with Dr. Feel-good in the locker room.

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

With Rodgers having a lock on the importing of Ayahuasca, anything is possible! All the older vets get a new lease on life with Dr. Feel-good in the locker room.

I hate to be that guy, but I’m not as crazy about all these moves as everyone else is

the DL… I hate Kinlaw, who is Hoti??? The OL pickups… Smith is old and brittle, Simpson played for $1 mil last year and Moses is the man but he’s 33. I’m also not in love with Taylor as QB2… 34yo and he gets hurt if he sneezes too hard.

I want to get excited, but it’s been 55 years watching this team, and I’m tired of getting hyped up about winning the offseason.
Last year we were “gonna win the Super Bowl!!!”, this year the draft is still over a month away and we’re talking a Top 5 OL?

Gimme a break. Just win games.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Steve Pallazzollo (PFF) has it that Brian Thomas has some not grear off the field issues

If you grow up in the hood, running a 4.33 can do wonders to keeping you out of trouble. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You guys keep saying you either want, or think this will happen but none of you ever say who would want to move up to 10, who they’d want to get, or what they would give up.

There’s nobody there you guys are too excited about, but you think other teams will be lining up to grab our spot. It makes no sense.

BUT WE LEARNED TO WIN

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If four QB’s go in the top five picks then getting to seven assures you a top three WR. Just need to hope they’re happy with their WR room and Callahan wants to work with a non Alt tackle.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You've come to Jetnation hoping to make sense???

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Agree.  The top ten are currently composed of QBs, wrs and left tackles.  No pass rushers?  No corners?  Seems unusual.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate to be that guy, but I’m not as crazy about all these moves as everyone else is

the DL… I hate Kinlaw, who is Hoti??? The OL pickups… Smith is old and brittle, Simpson played for $1 mil last year and Moses is the man but he’s 33. I’m also not in love with Taylor as QB2… 34yo and he gets hurt if he sneezes too hard.

I want to get excited, but it’s been 55 years watching this team, and I’m tired of getting hyped up about winning the offseason.
Last year we were “gonna win the Super Bowl!!!”, this year the draft is still over a month away and we’re talking a Top 5 OL?

Gimme a break. Just win games.

If we can’t get excited about anything Jets related what is the point of being on the board and following the team? 

• Sympathy 1