Any update on the Mike Williams visit today?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

10 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

No sh*t? 
I shouldn’t be surprised. Up in Western NY they dip their pizza in blue cheese or ranch dressing.  #cavemen.

I’m from near Rochester and I’ve never heard of that. Maybe Buffalo? They do jump on tables after all!!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I’m from near Rochester and I’ve never heard of that. Maybe Buffalo? They do jump on tables after all!!

😂 I can’t speak for Rochester, but when my daughter was at Syracuse U., I went up to visit her during her first semester. We went to get pizza on Marshall St with two of her girlfriends and I went up to the counter to pick up the pie while they sat at the table and the guy asked me “do you want blue cheese or ranch?” I asked him “do you have me mixed up with someone who ordered wings? I ordered a pizza…”

The guy rolled his eyes, and the girls started laughing because they were watching for my reaction. Sure enough, I looked around and people at other tables were dipping their pizza into salad dressing. I was both amazed and horrified at what I was seeing.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

😂 I can’t speak for Rochester, but when my daughter was at Syracuse U., I went up to visit her during her first semester. We went to get pizza on Marshall St with two of her girlfriends and I went up to the counter to pick up the pie while they sat at the table and the guy asked me “do you want blue cheese or ranch?” I asked him “do you have me mixed up with someone who ordered wing? I ordered a pizza…”

The guy rolled his eyes, and the girls started laughing, they were watching for my reaction. Sure enough, I looked around and people at other tables were dipping their pizza into salad dressing. I was both amazed and horrified at what I was seeing.

It's very common here in Rochester and delicious.  Blu Cheese, not ranch. 

I worked in a pizzeria in the 90s and even then it was common.  You'd have to get dozens of blue cheese cups ready for lunch to pair with slices. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's very common here in Rochester and delicious.  Blu Cheese, not ranch. 

I worked in a pizzeria in the 90s and even then it was common.  You'd have to get dozens of blue cheese cups ready for lunch to pair with slices. 

It’s something I’d never think to do, but looking back, I wish I’d tried the bleu cheese dip because that pie wasn’t very good. 😉

2 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Interesting off topic:

French fries were actually invented in Belgian not France.  There they eat them with a side of mayonnaise.  

They eat fries with mayo in France, as well. (And in a number of other European countries and in Montreal) 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Jets currently taking Mike Williams to McDonalds for Breakfast so you will have to wait for that to play out before any updates.

They are serving lunch already. Another misstep by JD?