Hop on the Bowers train or get left in the dust

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

It’s destiny

The Jets have solidified the OL (and no, you don’t need a f*cking Top 10 pick to fill in for Smith or Moses for a few games) and they’ve found their running mate opposite Wilson.

They aren’t drafting a QB and none of the Top 3 wideouts are bound to fall to #10.

Joe Douglas is on video proclaiming Michael Mayer among their Top 3 targets at #15 last year. Don’t try to tell me they wouldn’t take arguably the best TE to ever ascend from the college ranks at #10.

It’s happening. You can either cry about “positional value” or can get on board with giving Rodgers another potentially elite offensive playmaker during a 2-3 year “must win” window.

Get on the bus or inevitably get tossed off while you try to overthink things.

Na, draft BPA between WR/OL/TE. If JDs favorite WR and OL are off the board and Bowers is next up, sure. It’s real simple.

• Upvote 4

It will never make sense to me. All in year, loading up on players that will help Rodgers, then draft a player that runs routes that Rodgers doesn’t like to throw to? Draft a position Rodgers has never favored as a perfered target? Bowers the prospect looks great, but the qb doesn’t like throwing over the middle or to TE’s. 

What’s more likely to happen in 2024? Rodgers, the 40 year old qb, plays differently in his 40 year old season for a rookie or Rodgers continues to heavily utilize the outside WR targets and the TE ends the season with 50 targets?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, extmenace said:

It will never make sense to me. All in year, loading up on players that will help Rodgers, then draft a player that runs routes that Rodgers doesn’t like to throw to? Draft a position Rodgers has never favored as a perfered target? Bowers the prospect looks great, but the qb doesn’t like throwing over the middle or to TE’s. 

What’s more likely to happen in 2024? Rodgers, the 40 year old qb, plays differently in his 40 year old season for a rookie or Rodgers continues to heavily utilize the outside WR targets and the TE ends the season with 50 targets?

Who Rodgers likes to throw to shouldn’t really be part of the equation.  Rodgers will be gone by 2026.  Bowers will be here for the next QB.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who Rodgers likes to throw to shouldn’t really be part of the equation.  Rodgers will be gone by 2026.  Bowers will be here for the next QB.  

maybe it shouldnt, but it is a huge factor. Saleh and JD are playing for their jobs. Everything they have done to this point is about 2024….that mentality will also play a huge factor on draft day.

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If this kid is as good as advertised in the pros then we would have a truly complete offense at all levels of the field.

I think he’s good but when i watch his highlights he reminds me of a good receiving rb.  If the jets used breece that way he could do that too.  But there’s cheaper rbs who are good wrs like Richie Anderson, he reminds me of bowers. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Count me in if the top three WRs are gone. 

Tyron Smith and Mike Williams are essentially on the same deals.  It puts the Jets in need of both an OT and WR for 2025 who could also backup those spots here in 2024.  I like it in a way because of the optionality it presents.  You get either your OT or WR that replaces one of those guys next year leaving only one need for next year's offseason or Draft.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Why are you telling me no when you’re basically agreeing with what I’m saying?

Harrison, Nabers and Odunze are likely gone by #10.

Alt, the one real OT with legitimate all-pro upside is bound to be gone.

So what are you doing? Taking the 4th best wideout?

An OT who isn’t seeing the field in Year 1 barring injury after you’re drafted Warren and Mitchell is back to back years?

Or do you take possibly the best TE prospect ever when you’ve largely had a black hole at the position ever since the Mickey Shuler days and your current best player at the position is nearly 30, largely average and entering the last year of his deal?

Discarding Bowers because dudes like Kelce and Kittle were drafted outside of the 1st round is goofy.

90% of the starting OL in the league were mid-late round picks and UDFA’s. Yet everyone wants to act like we’re dicked over a barrel if Carter Warren has to start a few games this year.

Why are you trying to convince me if you believe I agree with you?

If I’m the GM I’m taking whoever I like the most between the 2nd ranked OT, 3rd or 4th ranked WR, 1st ranked TE. Who’s the highest on my board? I want that guy.

I personally want Odunze though.

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Tyron Smith and Mike Williams are essentially on the same deals.  It puts the Jets in need of both an OT and WR for 2025 who could also backup those spots here in 2024.  I like it in a way because of the optionality it presents.  You get either your OT or WR that replaces one of those guys next year leaving only one need for next year's offseason or Draft.

It’s a deep WR class.  If they love Bowers I’m all for it

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tell Rodgers to quit being a pu$$y and throw the ball over the middle then?  

My money says he's thinking about throwing over the middle during his current Ayahuasca Eras Tour.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

It’s a deep WR class.  If they love Bowers I’m all for it

It would just be much more palatable if the Jets had a 2nd round pick this year.

For the first time in a while it's a deep Draft on offense.

Imagine if this year the Jets had their 2022 pick positions when they took Sauce, GW, JJ and Breece.  This team would be taking MHJ, Bowers and an OT.  Or, could even add a QB in there.  A true jumpstart on offense.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It would just be much more palatable if the Jets had a 2nd round pick this year.

For the first time in a while it's a deep Draft on offense.

Imagine if this year the Jets had their 2022 pick positions when they took Sauce, GW, JJ and Breece.  This team would be taking MHJ, Bowers and an OT.  Or, could even add a QB in there.  A true jumpstart on offense.

I think a trade down is very possible and we can still get a OT and WR

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

TEs generally don’t do well the first couple years and high drafted ones bust way more than not. The production a “good” TE shadows in comparison to that of a good WR. 

give me a WR or OL any day over Bowers 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Pitts (who went higher in a stronger draft) in his rookie season put up 1.026 yards. For reference, Conklin last year (with the worst QB room in the League) managed 621 yards. Is the difference enough to justify the #10 in a win-now season. 

Draft the right receiver, and the potential pay-off is higher. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Pitts (who went higher in a stronger draft) in his rookie season put up 1.026 yards. For reference, Conklin last year (with the worst QB room in the League) managed 621 yards. Is the difference enough to justify the #10 in a win-now season. 

Draft the right receiver, and the potential pay-off is higher. 

Pitts got 1,026 yards in spite of his coach making him run block all the time dude.  

And yes, 400 yards is a pretty massive difference.

• Upvote 3