Hop on the Bowers train or get left in the dust

59 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Tyron Smith and Mike Williams are essentially on the same deals.  It puts the Jets in need of both an OT and WR for 2025 who could also backup those spots here in 2024.  I like it in a way because of the optionality it presents.  You get either your OT or WR that replaces one of those guys next year leaving only one need for next year's offseason or Draft.

I may not be around in 2025...

32 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I too want to go all-in for Chris Cooley 2.0.

Is it a short bus?

Yeah except Bowers 40 time is closer to Xavier Worthy’s than Cooleys is to Bowers and Bowers vertical is closer to Michael Jordan’s than Cooleys is to his.

They’re not the same. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pitts got 1,026 yards in spite of his coach making him run block all the time dude.  

And yes, 400 yards is a pretty massive difference.

The most productive TE season with Rodgers was Jermichael Finlay in 2011, 760 yards. Conklin can give you that same production next season. 

And the whole debate about Bowers and his perceived draft value, is he has to go to the right coaching environment, for his selection to make sense. You trust Hackett in this situation? The guy who said when the season was nearly over, that he wasn't ready for Breece Hall to be as productive as he was in the passing game. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

The most productive TE season with Rodgers was Jermichael Finlay in 2011, 760 yards. Conklin can give you that same production next season. 

And the whole debate about Bowers and his perceived draft value, is he has to go to the right coaching environment, for his selection to make sense. You trust Hackett in this situation? The guy who said when the season was nearly over, that he wasn't ready for Breece Hall to be as productive as he was in the passing game. 

Bowers will be here long after Rodgers and Hackett, so who cares about any of this?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It’s destiny

The Jets have solidified the OL (and no, you don’t need a f*cking Top 10 pick to fill in for Smith or Moses for a few games) and they’ve found their running mate opposite Wilson.

They aren’t drafting a QB and none of the Top 3 wideouts are bound to fall to #10.

Joe Douglas is on video proclaiming Michael Mayer among their Top 3 targets at #15 last year. Don’t try to tell me they wouldn’t take arguably the best TE to ever ascend from the college ranks at #10.

It’s happening. You can either cry about “positional value” or can get on board with giving Rodgers another potentially elite offensive playmaker during a 2-3 year “must win” window.

Get on the bus or inevitably get tossed off while you try to overthink things.

Kansas City and San Fran have had pretty good success with a prime target at TE.    We would have one with the best RB in the game and two elite WR's as targets for a future HOF QB, behind a solid line.   Works for me.   If one of the 3 top WR's isn't there, Bowers is the target if they stay at #10.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Ok, I’m sick of being yelled at for not staying in the middle of it anyways. 

The 5 weapons are Breece, Garrett, Williams, Bowers and Conklin.  The double TE gives Rodgers untouchable protection.  He has a 130 QB rating when not under pressure.  He did that without ever having 5 weapons anywhere near as good as that.  A defensive coordinator's nightmare.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 4

6 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

The 5 weapons are Breece, Garrett, Williams, Bowers and Conklin.  The double TE gives Rodgers untouchable protection.  He has a 130 QB rating when not under pressure.  He did that without ever having 5 weapons anywhere near as good as that.  A defensive coordinator's nightmare.

Ok, that’s good, damn. Lying if I’m not starting to feel it!  

• Sympathy 1

If they don’t sign Clowney or another DE, JJ is really the only 3 down DE on the roster (JFM goes in and out). 

its traditionally a good positional value at 10 too. 

it’s a legit possibility 

• Ugh 1

It’s destiny

The Jets have solidified the OL (and no, you don’t need a f*cking Top 10 pick to fill in for Smith or Moses for a few games) and they’ve found their running mate opposite Wilson.

They aren’t drafting a QB and none of the Top 3 wideouts are bound to fall to #10.

Joe Douglas is on video proclaiming Michael Mayer among their Top 3 targets at #15 last year. Don’t try to tell me they wouldn’t take arguably the best TE to ever ascend from the college ranks at #10.

It’s happening. You can either cry about “positional value” or can get on board with giving Rodgers another potentially elite offensive playmaker during a 2-3 year “must win” window.

Smart $$ says he is gone by 10, maybe closer to 5. Have a feeling just like last yr, pick jets want taken right before them.

It’s destiny

Count me in on Bowers.  He's been #3 on my big board since October 2023.  Alt-1, MHJ-2 Bowers--3.  I'd be x-tatic if the Jets were lucky enough added him.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This is how I’m leaning as to what I want now as well. But any of…

Alt: unlikely available

MHJ: unlikely available

Nabers: unlikely available

Bowers

Odunze

Fuaga

Fushanu

… Im happy with

Exactly my list in that order.  Now that they have a LT with Smith, I have put Fuaga ahead of Fashanu.  Fuaga, I think is the better player even though he is much more of a RT.  The positional need is not as pressing now, so they can take Fuaga before Fashahu