Dolphins fan base toxic

I live in Miami and know and interact with plenty of Dolphin fans. And I once lived outside of Boston and knew/interacted with plenty of Patriot fans there.

Here is my take: online noise is online noise but in real life Dolphin fans in my experience are a joyous breath of fresh air compared to Patriot fans. I recall multiple times Pats fans - ranging from people I knew, to fellow eventgoers, to complete strangers - going out of their way to antagonize and make football issues personal. Something even approaching that hasn't happened once in 5 years down here with Dolphins fans. Nothing but light fun if the topic was ever brought up. 

Granted, that's just my personal 2 cents worth of experience, but I have no issue with Dolphin fans. Besides that - try and stay out of internet sports fights. You can find a-holes from every team everywhere.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

fan base is the most toxic.............. like some insane asylum.......fan base is constantly screaming and yelling at each other....... they truly hate their own QB....

Jets fans looking at other fanbases.

Scared Dog GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

Look at what Miami has become.  It is the world capital of sex, drugs and fun.   Football is a hard game.  

There is no way that Miami will ever produce again an NFL team that will make a serious playoff run.  The players there are too distracted, and unless they can get home field advantage, they will have to go up North to the brutal cold and wilt.  

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

Look at what Miami has become.  It is the world capital of sex, drugs and fun.   Football is a hard game.  

There is no way that Miami will ever produce again an NFL team that will make a serious playoff run.  The players there are too distracted, and unless they can get home field advantage, they will have to go up North to the brutal cold and wilt.  

same for the Raiduhs.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, sackdance said:

Dolphin fans in my experience are a joyous breath of fresh air compared to Patriot fans. I recall multiple times Pats fans - ranging from people I knew, to fellow eventgoers, to complete strangers - going out of their way to antagonize and make football issues personal 

Came here to say this really - perhaps it is just because my life (at least old enough to really follow football) has almost completely overlapped with Tom Brady's career arc, but I haven't met a greater bunch of antagonistic, scum sucking half-wits than Patriots fans. It's not even close really, and that's ahead of Philly fans, who are probably the biggest all around bunch of miserable spite filled pricks out there. 

By far the worst are the younger bandwagon Pats fans who are native New Yorkers and simply couldn't bear being "fans" of a losing team. Doubtless most have quietly converted to chiefs fandom or similar. I imagine older generations dealt with dolphins "fans" of the same ilk. 

Honorable mention to Steelers fans. I don't find them completely insufferable, they are devoted and usually reasonably knowledgeable, but man are they aggressive about it... that AFCCG still stings. Also, unlike bills fans, you can't simply remind them they still don't have a superbowl :)

edit: I won't pretend NY fans are loving, kind sweethearts either, but most opposing fans I've talked to seem to agree that Jets fans worst trait is just being delusional.... 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

its not about the city but what you said at the end. having to play in the cold in the playoffs. there only chance would be to get the #1 seed. 

guys practice in 70 degree weather all week than have to travel up north and play a game in 30 degrees. its like when Fall turns into Winter. its 65 and than bammm next day its 40. i dont even want to get out of bed. my body needs to adjust to a decrease in temperature that big. and these guys have to play a football game. its got to suck.

3 hours ago, HotSauce said:

Kind sir:

1) You’re not a secret agent. There are plenty of fans from other teams registered on opponent boards.

2) If you want to be clever, be creative. Maybe organize people from your board to mess with polls or something. Example: Go to Gang Green with a bunch of your board members and artificially inflate the Adam Gase approval rating poll. That was a fun time.

3) Toxic? Let’s take a look at this wonderful bit from Two Bills Drive:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/252729-divisional-playoffs-chiefs-at-bills-post-game-thread/#comment-8897443

That’s…well, honestly, I don’t even know how toxic it is, but it sure is fun!

4) Before you start talking about Florida’s IQ level, maybe to do your part to help get Buffalo’s graduation rate above 79%, because that’s just tragic.

Along those lines, you might want to try some light reading. Might I suggest a book by Dr. Denis Leary, “What Are Commas, And How Do I Use Them?”

Admit It Season 3 GIF by Animal Kingdom on TNT

11 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

The jets fans almost have a quiet maturity about them. Learn to laugh at tragedy and always seem polite.

There couldn’t be a more ridiculous observation in the history of observations.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jdeet said:

There couldn’t be a more ridiculous observation in the history of observations.  

Isaac Newton would've been a jets fan. His detractors would've been dolphins fans. 

Patriots fans would have been the church 

Bills fans would've helped Newton in his scientific endeavors 

On 4/13/2024 at 2:36 PM, sackdance said:

I live in Miami and know and interact with plenty of Dolphin fans. And I once lived outside of Boston and knew/interacted with plenty of Patriot fans there.

Here is my take: online noise is online noise but in real life Dolphin fans in my experience are a joyous breath of fresh air compared to Patriot fans. I recall multiple times Pats fans - ranging from people I knew, to fellow eventgoers, to complete strangers - going out of their way to antagonize and make football issues personal. Something even approaching that hasn't happened once in 5 years down here with Dolphins fans. Nothing but light fun if the topic was ever brought up. 

Granted, that's just my personal 2 cents worth of experience, but I have no issue with Dolphin fans. Besides that - try and stay out of internet sports fights. You can find a-holes from every team everywhere.

That's funny. Because I lived in Southie in the 1990s and bartended in a couple of different places... the Patriots had the weakest and least represented fanbase of all 4 professional teams in the region. I wore Jets gear all the time, including a Chrebet Jersey, both just around town and to work on Sundays and not once got a sh*t comment or any other crap.... because "Patriot Nation" literally didn't exist. It was all bandwagon and bs. 

Throw on a Yankees hat, and it was a different story back then...

They're all phonies.

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2024 at 9:53 AM, JustInFudge said:

So true but we're fortunate, we have posters/fans like  @kevinc855 to thank for this fact.   He leads the rest of us Jets fans toward, quiet maturity and politeness, all the time.  Just ask Joe Douglas. 

Your welcome 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Isaac Newton would've been a jets fan. His detractors would've been dolphins fans. 

Patriots fans would have been the church 

Bills fans would've helped Newton in his scientific endeavors 

No religion or science please thanks. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/13/2024 at 6:40 AM, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I have numerous accounts on different team platforms and without a doubt the dolphins fan base is the most toxic I've ever seen. It's literally like some insane asylum... The fan base is constantly screaming and yelling at each other. They truly hate their own QB....

The jets fans almost have a quiet maturity about them. Learn to laugh at tragedy and always seem polite.

Is it just the IQ level in Florida or something else 😂 ???

It probably is the IQ in Florida since it's all New Yorkers. 

• Haha 1